Panteranegra

What comes to your mind when your hear about HOLISTIC FITNESS?

15 posts in this topic

Hey guys!

I am doing some introspection about the concept of holism and fitness. What do you think holistic fitness is?

When I am talking about fitness I am mostly talking about developing you athletic skills (strength, agility, power, endurance, etc) and getting a greater body composition, building muscle and burning fat.

How would you apply the concept of holism into fitness? 

Also, most Fitness mainstream content have a materialistic worldview (related to Stage Orange ) so how does fitness would look like for Yellow and Turquoise? For example, yoga/asanas are a good example of Stage Green.

Edited by Panteranegra

1 hour ago, Panteranegra said:

Hey guys!

I am doing some introspection about the concept of holism and fitness. What do you think holistic fitness is?

When I am talking about fitness I am mostly talking about developing you athletic skills (strength, agility, power, endurance, etc) and getting a greater body composition, building muscle and burning fat.

How would you apply the concept of holism into fitness? 

Also, most Fitness mainstream content have a materialistic worldview (related to Stage Orange ) so how does fitness would look like for Yellow and Turquoise? For example, yoga/asanas are a good example of Stage Green.

Frank Yang is integrating meditative and contemplative work with strength training. Might be worth to book some sessions with him and pick his brain.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

1 hour ago, Panteranegra said:

Also, most Fitness mainstream content have a materialistic worldview (related to Stage Orange ) so how does fitness would look like for Yellow and Turquoise?

I think Chris Duffin could be considered yellow.

@Nilsi

On 8/9/2022 at 6:39 PM, Nilsi said:

Frank Yang is integrating meditative and contemplative work with strength training

Yes i know he is being doing 5MEO quite a while now. Thanks.

15 hours ago, Panteranegra said:

@Nilsi

Yes i know he is being doing 5MEO quite a while now. Thanks.

I think Frank has only done DMT like two times? He’s not a big psychedelic guy. He preaches much more doing meditative/insight practices.

In regards to what I think of when I hear holistic fitness is Paul Chek.

I was a personal trainer for 5 years and developed lots of wisdom with regards to health/fitness. I can say Paul is the most holistic guy I’ve come across 

The game of survival cannot be won. 

Ken Wilbers integral approach to fitness + awakening.

The integral life practice matrix.

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

@BartekD

I don't particularly resonate with Ido portal philosophy. I am not saying is great I just think is not holistic enough. For example, I think it's ideal when you combine bodyweight training + weight training and some other athletic movements.
Also, I enjoy more doing yoga asanas than mobility/animal flow workouts. Also, asanas have more potencial to awaken your kundalini (i had this experience with asanas).

Anyways thanks.

@King Merk

45 minutes ago, King Merk said:

Paul Chek.

Thanks. He came to mind too the other day. 

@integral

4 minutes ago, integral said:

Ken Wilbers integral approach to fitness + awakening.

The integral life practice matrix.

DC68A3D7-B328-4370-83C7-CDAB871A8763.jpeg

Interesting I did not know about this guy. Wish the chart is clearer.

What's your Ken's favorite book?

@Panteranegra  Better quality click to zoom

6349699096_c2a8d89486_h.jpg

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

I think of Ido Portal, Peter Ralston, and somatic therapists.

I think general fitness is great. However, I think people can come to see the body as just a tool of the mind, and not something to be cared for, looked after, and have a positive relationship built with. 

Here some ido portal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcJ8mCS5BN8

Here is a somatic therapist called Peter Levine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1RnTipiU_Q

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

Qigong, Brazilian jiu jitsu,  toaism, sleep and nutrition, sex and meditation.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

As long as it is about making big gains, it is, by definition not holistic. Holistic fitness cares about longevity, vigour, energy, sexuality, mental clarity, unity of being. It cares about sustainability, mobility, speed, endurance and creating a strong core rather than having a big biceps or six pack. 

Holistic fitness is about meditative experiences and connection rather than narcicistic self-bulking, steroids, protein powders , preworkouts and fat burners and endless competition. You no longer compete with others because you see how competing is completely destroying the beauty of the process. 

You do not even compete against yourself you are in it merely for the joy, the love and for the mastery of your own body and of the process. 

Whatever activity or craft you choose to pursue that is individual but you ar unlikely to find roid using among holistic practitioners. 

Stretching and cool down exercises now become more common. One appreciates the complexity of the human body and a need for proper pre-training preparation. 

Holistic practitioners are also more likely to consume way more whole foods, more plants and fewer animal foods and they will stay away from the typical bodybuilding diet which is unsustainable once you start caring about long-term health. 100% vegan diets or even raw diets are not uncommon in the attempt to minimise the global suffering of species and the impact on the environment because one now understands he is no longer the centre of the universe (as do stage orange lifers perceive themselves) but he is now responsible for the global consciousness and for the suffering of other species. He understands all that death is not necessary anymore and that he or she can thrive on a low impact diet. At a holistic level of fitness it is no longer only about you and your gains. You bear the responsibility for everyone and everything that is part of that journey and that includes the 100s of pounds of animals and 1000s of eggs that stage orange bodybuilders consume. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

https://www.youtube.com/user/PaulChekLive/videos 

I like him he talks a lot about what stuff actually is I bought his book also I am not done reading and implementing it.

I've done some parts of integral courses that include health topcis, this goes deeper in general for a cleaner channel of information. I dunno what else to share at integral for example I learned how mindfulness is applied to eating/dieting/training/my pallet/ how I eat etc. Then something like Peter Ralston or Paul Check are more teaching from an embodied living of consciouness as well as Paul Check teaches more about health/food/diet etc. I like his approach for example I did not know I increase my level of "fungual (negative) activity" when I receive a narcoses, IIRC because vaccine has a strong effect etc.

I can recommend his book as a beginner as it's focused on concepts and goals and creating a health vision. Not technical mumbo-jumbo ( which is interesting etc) of how much vitamin c,d,e and B12 I have to take etc. For example he explains how different cultures/civilizations rather have developed their pallet and there are trends for example people living near the equator ate more vegetable food and depending on genetics etc. You can also have a preference I am very flexible for example I can eat according to him everything, easiest to feed hardest to train was his analogy. As I am not an equator type person etc. So I liked this also I generally see seldom holistic health practicionars talk about gene health. I don't even know if that is possible, because of epigenetics but okay. I am also still new to this, as I can't really practice due to injury. 

Edited by ValiantSalvatore

Adam Sinicki aka TheBioneer 

He is around Orange-green and Green-yellow at times , his content is so aspirational one. 

Combines many modalities