Nate

Can Spirituality Be My Life Purpose?

13 posts in this topic

I know this is kind of a funny question, because Leo basically does spirituality / self-development for life purpose.

I think it's important to mention that I used to be a deeply religious Christian. As life went on, I started to question it more and more and finally realized I was brainwashed when I took shrooms for the first time. In a nutshell, that's what got me on the spiritual path.

After that, there was a period of my life where I was going hard with the spiritual work. I was very interested of the idea that you can be so content with life, regardless of your situation or materialistic possessions. You can feel like a millionaire without being a millionaire.

Whenever I didn't have access to psychs, I would meditate my ass off bc that was the next best thing. I was attempting to induce a trip w/o any psychs bc I wanted to experience it so badly. (ironically desire prevents you from getting there but I won't get into that)

As most of you may know, it's damn near impossible to reach some states with meditation alone. However, I certainly reached some very profound states of consciousness purely through meditation. I also gained the discipline to meditate every single day (which I encourage everyone to do the same before tripping or just in general if you don't plan on tripping). I can't remember exactly but I think I was doing the Wim Hof method as well, which is basically just breathwork and cold water submersion, learning surrender etc. All of these practices combined had me beyond prepared for any trip headed my way.

When I finally got a hold of some psychs, my life was changing like crazy. I'm not going to get into any stories here, but I was truly connected to the nature of reality. Looking back, I was the happiest I had ever been probably in my entire life (other than when I was a kid). I'd find my sitting around thinking "if I died right now, I would be perfectly fine with that" and I meant it 100%, to the bone. (even though death is conceptual)

What shifted this trajectory was when my girl and I started having some issues. I made the mistake of doing DMT in a terrible state of mind, and it basically showed me the hell I was creating for myself. You could argue that's what I needed, but it would've been much smarter to deal with my personal shit before attempting to leave the matrix. As soon as the trip started coming on, I knew I fucked up. It's kind of funny looking back at it LMAO. Anyways, that prevented me from tripping or doing anything spiritual related. I was simply trying to cope with the slight trauma and stuff I was going through. Also my life was getting really busy so I didn't have too much time do being doing all that stuff anyway.

FINALLY, all that stuff is in the past and I've mentally healed from all that shit. My girl and I worked through our problems and now we live together. I finally started meditating again routinely, and my interest gets sparked every now and then to start exploring.

The whole point of this was to show my passion towards spirituality. I'm honestly really confused as to what I should pursue as my life purpose. I like weightlifting and I'm never going to stop. I'm good at math and I like computer programming but Idk if it's something I wanna be doing as the pinnacle of my life.

I really feel like I was getting into some shit that's worth exploring. Knowledge that can change humanity for the better. I felt like some kind of astronaut or scientist, exploring unknown territory. The only missing piece of the puzzle is a way to reach out to people and share my wisdom.

So what do you guys think? Is this something I should pursue as my life purpose? Or should I perhaps find something else and have spiritual work as more of a side thing that supplements whatever other stuff I'm doing in life? Right now my priority is becoming financially stable, but once I get the hang of that, is this something I should dive back into?

In theory - why not? Just be clear about what you want to do; do you want to teach meditation? do you want to be a writer? do you want to lead a spiritual community? 

Keep in mind, that this will inevitably create conflict of interest between your own genuine growth and your business. Also this is probably one of the hardest things to successfully pull off; it will take A LOT of responsibility and maturity on your part to do this.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

15 hours ago, Nilsi said:

In theory - why not? Just be clear about what you want to do; do you want to teach meditation? do you want to be a writer? do you want to lead a spiritual community?

I was thinking of putting myself on social media and building a website where I share my experiences. Maybe start a podcast. Maybe even trip on camera. It's all kind of a blur though. One day I feel it's a great idea, and then the next I'm not so sure. Either way, you're right. My intentions need to be clear.

I'm just confused because there's multiple things I'm passionate about. Bodybuilding. Gaming. Programming. Spirituality. I could focus on any one of these and become a complete master in it. And I don't really want to be a jack of all trades. Not sure how to go about this.

You're talking a lot about tripping, but I'm left unsure of what your spiritual practice actually is.

Spirituality is a great life purpose, and often when people pursue it they set themselves up for a good future beyond this life.

If you like maths and programming you might want to become a data analyst/scientist. You can pursue spiritual practice in your spare time.

Finally, note the division between what the best life to lead is, and what life you have to lead because of the way society is structured.

@Nate How old are you?

5 hours ago, Artsu said:

Finally, note the division between what the best life to lead is, and what life you have to lead because of the way society is structured.

@Artsu Can you elaborate on this? What exactly do you mean?

Don't wait for things to get better. Take proactive action.

@ThePoint

Ultimately, it would be best for those of mystical bent to be free from work and have all of their needs provided for by others. They would rise the consciousness of the tribe as they themselves ascend.

So often, it is a major win in life when a person becomes spiritual. This is what earth life is half about.

But we're all made to abide by the 9-5 worklife. This does not suit someone who is pursuing enlightenment, although some may be lucky enough to find a job that goes hand in hand with it.

Also, there's the major issue that mystics are branded as insane, and expected to abide by spoken and unspoken social rules of how to carry themselves in a braindead society.

It's a shame that we have to avert our life path for the purposes of survival. It would be far better if we could be paid for the consciousness raising work that we do.

The above problem applies to those with spiritual inclinations, as well as the highly developed, NFs, and good people (who are pushed out of work because they won't compromise their principles).

Let us live the spiritual life. Let the saint pursue the benefit of mankind, and let not the evil and ignorance of the world pull on them to give in.

- Artsu

Edited by Artsu

I basically made enough money so I could fully pursue spirituality without having to kiss anyones ass or do it in ashram with rules and human bullshit 

On 24/08/2022 at 3:10 PM, BlessedLion said:

I basically made enough money so I could fully pursue spirituality without having to kiss anyones ass or do it in ashram with rules and human bullshit 

@BlessedLion How did you get to this point?

Don't wait for things to get better. Take proactive action.

Reading through your post, maybe your purpose could be to help Christians overcome their delusions or to deepen their Christianity, meaning, making it real, picking out the practices that make it an esoteric thing instead of a religion. Only if you're really passionate about that of course.

On 07/08/2022 at 11:03 AM, Nate said:

I really feel like I was getting into some shit that's worth exploring. Knowledge that can change humanity for the better. I felt like some kind of astronaut or scientist, exploring unknown territory. The only missing piece of the puzzle is a way to reach out to people and share my wisdom.

Yeah, sounds like for you this can be your life purpose.

If it feels like an important and fascinating pursuit, as you say, then you can be doing that and thus live your purpose regardless whether that's where your income is made, or not.

If follow Artsu's thought and really believe that you doing your own exploration benefits all, then maybe you can get people to pay through a platform like Patreon, for you to meditate and explore. Maybe that can be aligned, but you have to absolutely believe it, and still make an effort to reach people and make them feel, see and believe it too.

If you believe that it benefits others only when you share your wisdom, then that can be aligned, you can get people to pay for it, but also here, you have to make an effort to reach them and make them feel, see and believe it too.

The higher your capability of empathizing with your fans or supporters, being interested in them and their needs versus what you want to tell them, and meeting them where they are at, the more success you will have.

Tons of ways, platforms online or offline, to do that, aren't there?

Before YouTube, bands would just perform locally wherever they could get a gig, or even on the street, until they gained a following.

Spiritual teachers would just speak wherever they could get listeners, even in backrooms of a bar.

It's about consistently showing up for people.

And if you don't deep down believe that it benefits others, but it still feels like the most fascinating and important thing for you to do, then you can make money some other way.

Edited by flowboy

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

Use spirituality to be a good version of a normal person- think about it.

Yes, but if you get there you will find that there is no point in doing anything so you better have another life purpose to spend time with, when you truly reach nihilism you will find that is possible to fall in love with consciousness by meditating, studying art, serving coffee at Starbucks, anything. 

All you need to do is to reach that point of beign able to getting in love with RAW CONSCIOUSNESS and then you can spread and teach Love to all the planet.

On 7.8.2022 at 0:03 PM, Nate said:

Right now my priority is becoming financially stable, but once I get the hang of that, is this something I should dive back into?

Most definitely!

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.