Laxx

Quieted the mind a decent amount, feel no bliss

29 posts in this topic

@RickyFitts

11 hours ago, RickyFitts said:

Any unresolved trauma or emotional wounding that there is in you is going to hinder your ability to feel bliss, it's going to cover it up. So having a quiet mind isn't enough on its own, you have to be aware of what's going on inside you on a physical, energetic, and emotional level too, you have to develop bodily sensitivity so that those unresolved traumas and emotional wounds, which are stored in the body, can become conscious and gradually unravel. And that can take serious practise, it isn't likely to be something that's going to happen overnight; it can be disturbing and painful when those unresolved issues do start to bubble up in you, too, it really isn't for the faint-hearted and it requires an uncompromising devotion to the truth, no matter how painful and troubling.

This! So many people want bliss, but they don't want to resolve their traumas...

2 hours ago, Bojan V said:

@RickyFitts

This! So many people want bliss, but they don't want to resolve their traumas...

Mm... I think you only do the work to resolve those traumas when you've seen once and for all that there's no way around it, that that's what's required to be truly at peace. Until people reach that point, they'll just keep chasing high states and pushing away what feels troubling or painful.

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

@Laxx  I perceive you to be a hedonistic if in fact, I am correct. Then you'd probably profit from doing ketamine. Though it doesn't produce permanent effects, or at least not normally anyway. Either that or MDMA, you can derive great pleasure from it also. You could try to meditate to achieve this, but in my judgment, the juice isn't worth the squeeze. At least not given conventional Vipassana meditation anyway.

Potestas Infinitas, Libertas Infinitas, Auctoritas Infinitas.

17 hours ago, SOUL said:

The mind habitually comes up with another method or milestone a practice or state, dissolving this or becoming that always finding a reason why one is lacking, incomplete so yearning for something other than what is.

Just be.

7 hours ago, Laxx said:

Lol what the fuck, this forum sucks balls. 

All I got was a bunch of very woo woo tier non-answers.

Just stuff that I guess sounds deep but doesn't really concretely mean anything.

Thanks I guess, I'm out of here

Hopefully I can find a place to talk about this stuff without people dont say meaningless stuff like:

Literally means nothing, I gain nothing from this response. 

Goodbye

I gave you a clear answer and apparently you prefer the self suffering.

buh bye

access concentration usually brings up a certain ecstasy in the body. 
if you dont, nobody can really answer it for ya.. its very personal.. you might need to experiment with the different suggestions you get. 

in my opinion, you're not there yet.. you should be buzzing with the intensity of your concentration to get to that bliss flooding your body. its not easy and i dont think being able to stay without thoughts for a minute or so is enough. you should just keep practicing. 

also, consider dropping that analyizing voice in your head thats counting how much time you spent in concentration and just stay concentrated - you need to drop everything ! dont forget that. dont make "not wasting your precious time" your goal here, but your self realization. 

Meditate more.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

I'm pretty sure you lost him when he said "Lol what the fuck, this forum sucks balls."

Potestas Infinitas, Libertas Infinitas, Auctoritas Infinitas.

You need to let go of your expectations of how you should feel. Seek deeper and deeper conciousness without fear. To get to a solid bliss you need an ego death. If you've already had Samadhi once then the biggest obstacle holding you back is your understanding of what it will feel like again. The goal is ultimately to see with your eyes but to "be" fully your heart. When the heart sees the world it sees only itself. 

You need to also just let go of your anger and impatience mate.