Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Emrie

Middle Distance Relationships?

4 posts in this topic

I've heard some people say they prefer middle-distance relationships.

As in, relationships with someone who lives far enough away that you can't quite spend weeknights together, but not so far either that you couldn't see each other on weekends.

Could someone clarify for me why someone would prefer that? What benefits does it give?

:D because you might enjoy being alone a lot. When you're with someone, you're not with "yourself" if that makes sense. It's not necessary that the person lives in a faraway place, just that you don't want to be around them all the time or day in/day out. I for whatever reason can't stand it no matter how much I may love someone.. it's better to have some distance. It's like even if you may like a nice meal, you can't nor want it all the time. 

Then there's the issue of metaphysical love you have for all things which is hard to relish in when you're in the presence of another. Most people demand all your attention to be on them (and often give very little)... as they're still seeking love only through the source of another ego. For me personally the projection of egos means I have to live in falsehood to some extent when around another, and I can only do that for so much.

And then whatever love arises is "real" and authentic, not out of obligation, and gives freedom to yourself and the other.

Spirituality will eventually touch every corner of your life as you knew it and can radically transform it.

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

Most of my relationships have been like that. Living roughly a 1 hour drive away from each other. It's great for building a relationship without burning each other out too quickly, or putting too much pressure on anything. Because it's not convenient to see each other on a whim or basically whenever you want, you each get space and some alone time to focus on your own lives while still staying connected through texting/phone calls.

It takes a bit of planning and investment each time you want to see each other too, because you need to make a small trip. This makes your dates and physical time together feel more impactful and feel more special. With my first girlfriend I remember each of us getting excited and feeling the anticipation of the weekend, finally getting to see each other on Friday night.

Living very close to each other I don't would be a great thing. It could bring out a lot of insecurities and fights. If one person didn't want to see the other on a weeknight they might have to make up an excuse in order to not hurt their feelings. Imagine they wanted to hang out almost every night after work? That can be exhausting.

hrhrhtewgfegege

If you enjoy being alone, I'm sure you would want something like that. I enjoy my own time too. But there's a beauty in coming home every evening to someone waiting to receive you and share things with you. I don't want to trade that. 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson