Razard86

Here is something that can change your opinion on how brain wiring (nature) impacts

7 posts in this topic

We all have opinions about sociopaths, psychopaths, narcissists, etc. But if someone told you that a psychopath could be full functional would you believe it?

So I came across this Joe Rogan video. I was like that sounds interesting...is it true? 

Well its a true story and here is the link to the story. Check it out if it interests you. Reality/life is so funny...you can never quite pin it down. Labels are pretty much useless....its why I said...don't look to something else to blame...there is only YOU. If a psychopath can be a law abiding citizen.....what excuse can you come up with for breaking laws? Its just a choice...that's all.

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/outintheopen/impostors-1.4695876/how-a-psychiatry-professor-accidentally-discovered-he-was-a-psychopath-1.4705718#:~:text=Many years later%2C as a,to be close to me."

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

3 hours ago, Razard86 said:

We all have opinions about sociopaths, psychopaths, narcissists, etc. But if someone told you that a psychopath could be full functional would you believe it?

Just out of curiosity, is there a purpose for having an opinion about sociopaths, psychopaths, narcissists, etc? You will probably realize you're dealing with a person who has a dysfunctional way of operating according to your standards of functional and dysfunctional without having an opinion about the words you mentioned.

Also looking through the lens of my biased view of functional and dysfunctional, that video is not trying to suggest that the psychopath of the story is full functional at all

But hey, that's just my opinion :D

7 hours ago, Arje said:

Just out of curiosity, is there a purpose for having an opinion about sociopaths, psychopaths, narcissists, etc? You will probably realize you're dealing with a person who has a dysfunctional way of operating according to your standards of functional and dysfunctional without having an opinion about the words you mentioned.

Also looking through the lens of my biased view of functional and dysfunctional, that video is not trying to suggest that the psychopath of the story is full functional at all

But hey, that's just my opinion :D

I am completely confused by this comment. That is a masterful accomplishment....

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

I have heard of fully functional psychopaths, apparently they do well as soldiers and surgeons and stuff like that.  The thing is, most of them aren't good people, it's an exception to the rule that one of them becomes fully functioning and is able to understand their limitations, and even then they still cause problems for the people that they are close to.  I mean, if they're able to function and to do their best to be decent people, that's great, but if I know someone is a sociopath, narcissist or psychopath then I'm not going to allow them to get close to me.  Many of the worlds problems could be mitigated if people like this didn't exist, they're relics from a time that we don't need anymore to move forward and evolve.

I've just had way too many self admitted sociopaths and psychopaths in my life and I was in a relationship with one on and off for nine years and it really wore me out.  Everything that normal human beings are able to give one another, they aren't able to do this.  Even a fully functioning one is going to have a trail of distressed people that they have preyed upon or shoved under the rug.  You can't rely on them to be there when you need them, they just don't care.  No amount of effort, for the most part, except for extremely rare instances like the guy mentioned, is going to get them to see that they need to treat people decently, that they need not dissect people's weak points for an entryway in.

If I had never met a psychopath, my life probably would have taken a very different turn.  They like to stick to me like glue, I don't know why but I'm psychopath bait.  I think it's because they secretly gravitate towards what they don't have, which is humanity, empathy and love.  They're like scientists in how they dissect their subjects of interest, it's creepy.

I'd like to not judge them, but most of them are snakes.  If someone hints at you that they think they are a narcissist or psychopath, then they should be avoided for your own sanity and safety.  And they will, too.  They like to test you with little clues into who they really are just to see if they'll get a reaction, they're not difficult to spot.

Maybe someday I'll get to the point where I don't judge them, but that will be from the walls of a tall fortress to keep them all out.  Maybe from there, away from the ramifications of their senseless actions, I won't feel the need to have such dislike.  I wouldn't say hatred, I don't hate people, but I do have a dislike for the way certain people function pertaining to how they go about treating and viewing other people.  Kudos to the guy for trying to be a nicer person.

I do feel bad for them.  They'll never know what a genuine attachment, what empathy and true love feels like.  The best they can do is a predator-like obsession.  

Lol, I don’t get what’s the shocking revelation here… narcissists/psychopath are actually the ones who hold most of the positions of power in this world, no normal person has the drive to achieve things the way they do. Narcs have such a wounded ego they need constant admiration and success to prove to themselves they are not a complete peace of shit which is what they feel like deep inside.

Edited by no_name

On 8/7/2022 at 3:25 PM, no_name said:

Lol, I don’t get what’s the shocking revelation here… narcissists/psychopath are actually the ones who hold most of the positions of power in this world, no normal person has the drive to achieve things the way they do. Narcs have such a wounded ego they need constant admiration and success to prove to themselves they are not a complete peace of shit which is what they feel like deep inside.

Narcissists and psychopaths are not the same thing.  Most psychopaths are NOT in positions of power in modern society. Majority of serial killers are psychopaths. A psychopath can cut the head off a human and feel absolutely NO REMORSE. People who lack that much empathy generally cannot even live in the same area for long much less get married or have a life and this man became a professor.

Narcissists and sociopaths fare slightly better, because they are able to feel empathy just very little but a psychopath feels NO EMPATHY. 

On 8/6/2022 at 11:19 PM, Loba said:

I have heard of fully functional psychopaths, apparently they do well as soldiers and surgeons and stuff like that.  The thing is, most of them aren't good people, it's an exception to the rule that one of them becomes fully functioning and is able to understand their limitations, and even then they still cause problems for the people that they are close to.  I mean, if they're able to function and to do their best to be decent people, that's great, but if I know someone is a sociopath, narcissist or psychopath then I'm not going to allow them to get close to me.  Many of the worlds problems could be mitigated if people like this didn't exist, they're relics from a time that we don't need anymore to move forward and evolve.

I've just had way too many self admitted sociopaths and psychopaths in my life and I was in a relationship with one on and off for nine years and it really wore me out.  Everything that normal human beings are able to give one another, they aren't able to do this.  Even a fully functioning one is going to have a trail of distressed people that they have preyed upon or shoved under the rug.  You can't rely on them to be there when you need them, they just don't care.  No amount of effort, for the most part, except for extremely rare instances like the guy mentioned, is going to get them to see that they need to treat people decently, that they need not dissect people's weak points for an entryway in.

If I had never met a psychopath, my life probably would have taken a very different turn.  They like to stick to me like glue, I don't know why but I'm psychopath bait.  I think it's because they secretly gravitate towards what they don't have, which is humanity, empathy and love.  They're like scientists in how they dissect their subjects of interest, it's creepy.

I'd like to not judge them, but most of them are snakes.  If someone hints at you that they think they are a narcissist or psychopath, then they should be avoided for your own sanity and safety.  And they will, too.  They like to test you with little clues into who they really are just to see if they'll get a reaction, they're not difficult to spot.

Maybe someday I'll get to the point where I don't judge them, but that will be from the walls of a tall fortress to keep them all out.  Maybe from there, away from the ramifications of their senseless actions, I won't feel the need to have such dislike.  I wouldn't say hatred, I don't hate people, but I do have a dislike for the way certain people function pertaining to how they go about treating and viewing other people.  Kudos to the guy for trying to be a nicer person.

I do feel bad for them.  They'll never know what a genuine attachment, what empathy and true love feels like.  The best they can do is a predator-like obsession.  

Your comment reveals a lot of hurt and pain associated with low empathy people. Work through that, and accept the things they did no matter how painful as what happened. I'm sorry for the pain they have caused you. I've gotten over much of the things people like that have done to me, and all I personally see is love so one day maybe you can get to that place as well. All things serve a purpose, they exist for a reason.

On 2022-08-08 at 3:36 PM, Razard86 said:

I've gotten over much of the things people like that have done to me, and all I personally see is love so one day maybe you can get to that place as well.

How did you do that?