SQAAD

Low Dopamine State - What Should i Do?

25 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, SQAAD said:

Basically my problem is that when i wake up in the morning, the easiest thing for me is to scroll through some videos and waste time on youtube.

I've noticed that whenever I start my day with browsing social media, I generally find it harder to be focused during the day. That could be one of the factors here. 

It may be that overnight your neurons sort of recalibrate and in a way you have a fresh start and how you start that day "formats" the cognitive capacity for the rest of the day. 

On days that I start with a good routine or a morning workout, I am way more focused and less distracted. 

So the easiest way might be to just uninstall all those social media platforms for some time and force yourself to pursue a morning routine rather than a doom scroll. I think even 5 minute brows and scroll already predisposes you to low-focus day. At least that's how it isf or me. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Motivation is one side of the coin. Resilience is the other. You can feel motivated to move your leg, but it will break if it's fragile and weak. Likewise, you won't follow through with anything if you can't handle stress. Physical exercise and health is the most fundamental basis for resilience. Mental strategies are just ways of tweaking that baseline.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

1 hour ago, Michael569 said:

I've noticed that whenever I start my day with browsing social media, I generally find it harder to be focused during the day. That could be one of the factors here. 

It may be that overnight your neurons sort of recalibrate and in a way you have a fresh start and how you start that day "formats" the cognitive capacity for the rest of the day. 

Exactly the same thing for me. I find it so so beneficial to start the day with a good morning routine. I've noticed how it builds momentum for the day making it easier to stay focused and to not spend time in futile distractions.

Of course there is a place and time for some good old entertainment but the key is moderation and not using it for escaping what is.

In the first month or two it does not feel pleasant, at least for me because I was strongly addicted to this sort of quick stimulation. If you fight through the cravings it will then become easier week by week. I've done this for almost a year now and the urge to grab my smartphone and start scrolling mindlessly is close to zero. Being painfully aware of how it affected my mood and productivity makes even the thought of going back to the old ways feel utterly insane.

@SQAAD Yes, I can't control sleep, but sleep problems can be of different nature. For example, I have trouble sleeping because I have suppressed rage that shows up during the night as muscular tension. If you want better sleep, you have to identify the cause. Also, insomnia can come from a lot of suppressed rage and the inability to face our own wounds.

Been on the healing journey for 5 committed years: traumas, deep wounds, negative beliefs, emotional blockages, internal fragmentation, blocked chakras, tight muscles, deep tensions, dysfunctional relationship dynamics. --> Check out my posts for info on how to heal:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82579-what-causes-anhedonia-how-can-it-be-cured/?page=2#comment-1167003

On 6-8-2022 at 1:27 PM, Carl-Richard said:

Do you do weight training?

Yes this works. I've been doing it for a month now and my basic energy and motivation levels are way up, + my wife loves me more xD