TimDavid

Leo gura video about true yoga practice

12 posts in this topic

Leo once made a video about the topic of yoga.

He said in the video in his book list he had a book about kriya yoga [like this one The Importance Of Real Yoga - YouTube] .

Has anyone used Leos book list and looked at the book he was talking about about kriya yoga?

I was thinking of writing I might try looking at it if no one else does.

@TimDavid I believe he was talking about the book by JC Stevens. I had that book 5 years ago, very important book if you’re practicing kriya.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

20 hours ago, How to be wise said:

@TimDavid I believe he was talking about the book by JC Stevens. I had that book 5 years ago, very important book if you’re practicing kriya.

I should thank you.

Was it the book "kriya secrets revealed" that is what I find when I search his name.

@TimDavid yes.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

I sense he spoke about it before we had real results! 

Krya so far is uncomfortable but, perhaps there’s something there. 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Yoga is phenomenal, and combined with breathing exercises it will take your meditations to the next level. 

On 09/08/2022 at 2:48 AM, Ry4n said:

Yoga is phenomenal, and combined with breathing exercises it will take your meditations to the next level. 

.I have heavy metal mercury posoning, have concentration problems, trying to follow Andy cutlers Protocol which Leo made a video about.

I tried to do kundalini for a year and didn’t get much out of it. How important is it? Will I miss out if I just skip that? I’m more interested in enlightenment 

@Ry4n

I'm two weeks in and I noticed the power immediately. It's thrilling to imagine what this'll accumulate into over time.

10 hours ago, supremeyingyang said:

@Ry4n

I'm two weeks in and I noticed the power immediately. It's thrilling to imagine what this'll accumulate into over time.

Nice dude, yeah you’ll notice the benefits pretty quickly, and they’ll keep building, if you’re doing vinyasa you’ll be looking pretty good too haha. 
I’ve notice more Zen/shikantaza “just sitting” meditations to be supercharged by doing what is essentially the opposite of that beforehand, which is physically demanding yoga and aggressive breathing exercises. The ability is to just sit in total silence and rest in it with total awake mental clarity is almost effortless because of the momentum you build up beforehand. 

@Ry4n

The way I learned to do hatha yoga seems to be exactly like this vinyasa. Actually a good idea.

11 hours ago, Ry4n said:

I’ve notice more Zen/shikantaza “just sitting” meditations to be supercharged by doing what is essentially the opposite of that beforehand, which is physically demanding yoga and aggressive breathing exercises. The ability is to just sit in total silence and rest in it with total awake mental clarity is almost effortless because of the momentum you build up beforehand. 

It's more like a discharging of bad energy in my book, but yes... this way you get your mind in the right mood to meditate. As I'm just done with my resistance workout I'm curious how a set of Kriya will hit now.This is maybe a worthwhile combination, I try it immediately and report the findings.

Edited by supremeyingyang

So I tried Kriya after my workour and it was normal, this was my third session of the day. I guess I'd to try it more often to see if it's really more benefitial