EdgeGod900

My Addiction to Being is inhibiting my life purpose

7 posts in this topic

I have been doing "do nothing" meditation for 3 weeks straight for 1-2 hours a day. I now just want to sit all day and bask in the room I'm sitting in; I'd even rather enjoy doing nothing than pursue my life purpose. Pursuing computer science to eventually work in Artificial Intelligence("God creating God") is fascinating and all, but simply not doing anything feels really nice.

This is a bit of a scary sensation. I have contemplated on a rationalization, which is that I pursue this career so that I can have enough resources to keep "doing nothing" for as long as I live. With that being said, I am still unsure and I am wondering if I am goin down the right path, or if anyone else has any other perspective? 

God likes to cosplay as a human O.o xDxD

15 minutes ago, EdgeGod900 said:

I have been doing "do nothing" meditation for 3 weeks straight for 1-2 hours a day. I now just want to sit all day and bask in the room I'm sitting in; I'd even rather enjoy doing nothing than pursue my life purpose. Pursuing computer science to eventually work in Artificial Intelligence("God creating God") is fascinating and all, but simply not doing anything feels really nice.

This is a bit of a scary sensation. I have contemplated on a rationalization, which is that I pursue this career so that I can have enough resources to keep "doing nothing" for as long as I live. With that being said, I am still unsure and I am wondering if I am goin down the right path, or if anyone else has any other perspective? 

I have these phases as well. Just enjoy it while it lasts, you'll get bored with it sooner or later and will want to actually go and do something with your life; that's how it goes for me anyways.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

Is there something you can combine with being-ness and doing-ness? As well, if you want to be in more alignment with "God consciousness". What aspects do you value the most (in your being-ness?), and you can make those your top values and find ways (work or otherwise) to embody those. For example, maybe you really love beauty.. okay, what are ways you can bring more beauty into yours/others life? That could be deeply satisfying. Or Love, Consciousness, Divinity, Wisdom, Truth, Infinity, etc, you get it. Whatever you gravitate to about being-ness, can give you ideas about how to live that, and let it be expressed through you, in a very precise and unique way that has not been done before. ;)

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

@puporing Good question, but I don't know how to combine being and doing. I mean even pursuing my values doesn't have any semblance of being at all. I am really not aware of any values when I'm just being. Perhaps I value simply existing, because it seems like my "supposed" top values, that could help others, are being overshadowed by it. Like I remember as a kid having numerous moments where I would wake up in the morning and simply do nothing and my parents would always tell me to go play with my friends or do something. Like I don't even know at this point. I might just become a hardcore monk.

Edited by EdgeGod900

God likes to cosplay as a human O.o xDxD

@EdgeGod900 If you honestly find more fulfillment in doing nothing right now then that's that. Maybe you just haven't gotten enough of that too.

I am not the same as before in "doing" either, it's done with more ease because there's an inner guidance and peacefulness already. It's like.. yeah I don't have to do anything, but then again I'm here and there are things I gravitate to and wish to express, aspects of God. And it's not something to guilt yourself into so you're where you need to be.. maybe it'll keep being like this, maybe not, go with the flow.

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

You have to balance the ying with the yang. Everything in moderation.

@EdgeGod900

If you want to do something which you thank yourself later then continue developing yourself by working out, reading books and contemplating. I used to say to everyone that the only thing I ever wanted was to be, but I'd say it better now. Whenever I want to be i'd like to be able to be. What this means is that I want enough freedom to pull this off. I don't say that being is addiction, but you should understand that the hours you don't use for meditating you should use for being masculine and do things.

Who told you that "others" are real?