playdoh

Need some good tips for waking up early!!

24 posts in this topic

So I’ve tried everything! From the most important one (having a purpose), to all the ones in between (set your phone far away from you, splash water in your first right after waking up, the 5 second rule (be out of bed within 5 seconds of waking up, go straight for a run outside, having a good bedtime routine (sleep hygiene, no blue light or food a few hours before bed, etc) intentions, prayers, affirmations, you name it I’ve done it)). 

I don’t have a strong purpose to wake up yet. The job im doing atm is one to help pay the bills but it’s not a passion. Im still figuring that out as I continue to grow and get to know myself better. I’ve chosen purposes such as to help make a better future for myself to exercising to get in better shape to lead a healthier and happier life but nothing motivates me. I feel with all this deep consciousness work I’ve done it’s challenging to move me from my center! So let’s say in the daytime im super motivated to go to bed and get up at a certain time, but then night time comes around and I lose all motivation and can’t see anything more important than getting a good nights sleep as I prioritize sleep so highly 🙏

Im at the point where im considering outsourcing someone in Asia to FaceTime me same time every morning and if i’m not out running for example when he/she calls then I have to deposit $5 into a fund that I won’t get back. I don’t think I’ll do this but looking for some smart, out of the box tips for waking up! I’m at a point of my life where I really need to start making some changes and I know waking up early will be one of the best or the best thing I can do for myself right now! Please help! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@playdoh

You can't beat around the bush forever, bro. Bite the bullet and become man. Learn to do things without it being constantly heaven, because that's not what life will never be. I've done lot of spirituality and I really think that I'm in heaven and I love this universe, but the thing is still that if I want make something to happen it's gonna be painful more or less. You need to learn the fuck it mentality where you do things regardless of how do you feel. You need more fighter male energy and that's going to be the real thing which you're missing. Everything else you named are just medicine, but they won't fix the main issue that you have.

I'll drop you some golden nuggets.

-joNi-


Who told you that "others" are real?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I have terrible habits but the one thing that I can do is wake up early.  I get up around 6-7 every morning.  Part of the reason why this is so easy is because I go to bed around 9-10 every evening and can get a decent amount of rest.  Just go to bed earlier, at the same time every day and your body will naturally wake up around the same time.  Give it a few weeks to adjust, and it should become pretty automatic.


⊱⊱⊰⊰

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Go to sleep so early you naturally wake up early 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, playdoh said:

So I’ve tried everything! From the most important one (having a purpose), to all the ones in between (set your phone far away from you, splash water in your first right after waking up, the 5 second rule (be out of bed within 5 seconds of waking up, go straight for a run outside, having a good bedtime routine (sleep hygiene, no blue light or food a few hours before bed, etc) intentions, prayers, affirmations, you name it I’ve done it)). 

I don’t have a strong purpose to wake up yet. The job im doing atm is one to help pay the bills but it’s not a passion. Im still figuring that out as I continue to grow and get to know myself better. I’ve chosen purposes such as to help make a better future for myself to exercising to get in better shape to lead a healthier and happier life but nothing motivates me. I feel with all this deep consciousness work I’ve done it’s challenging to move me from my center! So let’s say in the daytime im super motivated to go to bed and get up at a certain time, but then night time comes around and I lose all motivation and can’t see anything more important than getting a good nights sleep as I prioritize sleep so highly 🙏

Im at the point where im considering outsourcing someone in Asia to FaceTime me same time every morning and if i’m not out running for example when he/she calls then I have to deposit $5 into a fund that I won’t get back. I don’t think I’ll do this but looking for some smart, out of the box tips for waking up! I’m at a point of my life where I really need to start making some changes and I know waking up early will be one of the best or the best thing I can do for myself right now! Please help! 

Bingo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Kksd74628 said:

You can't beat around the bush forever, bro. Bite the bullet and become man. Learn to do things without it being constantly heaven, because that's not what life will never be. I've done lot of spirituality and I really think that I'm in heaven and I love this universe, but the thing is still that if I want make something to happen it's gonna be painful more or less. You need to learn the fuck it mentality where you do things regardless of how do you feel. You need more fighter male energy and that's going to be the real thing which you're missing. Everything else you named are just medicine, but they won't fix the main issue that you have.

I hear you but I think it’s not so cut and dry as you say. If you listen to Abraham Hicks or the great ascended masters they will always say never push against your will. Because if you do it sort of has a cascade effect on my things in your life/s. Do what feels good. 

But on the other hand if I can align with it and do it with inspired action in a healthy way then yes totally.  I have been on a journey calling back in the divine masculine in a healthy way. I’m definitely aligning with many aspects of that, again in a healthy way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Loba said:

Hi, I have terrible habits but the one thing that I can do is wake up early.  I get up around 6-7 every morning.  Part of the reason why this is so easy is because I go to bed around 9-10 every evening and can get a decent amount of rest.  Just go to bed earlier, at the same time every day and your body will naturally wake up around the same time.  Give it a few weeks to adjust, and it should become pretty automatic.

Thanks! My mom mentioned this but I got kind of triggered when she did, you know how that goes sometimes we don’t listen to our parents lol. But I will give this a try. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Raze said:

Go to sleep so early you naturally wake up early 

Will give it a try. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Brandon Nankivell said:

Bingo

I know getting there but in the meantime would love to align with waking up early finding another way

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something that has been working for me: if you can manage to drag yourself out of bed (not easy I know) go to your window, open your curtain, and let your eyes take in the light. It wakes you up and sets your body clock. Bonus points if you can open your window and get some fresh air. 

Granted there may be deeper things at play here, but as far as hacks go it's pretty great. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@playdoh

I must disagree with you, because all what I said I personally did and do in my life and they worked. It's not pushing if you just do the thing regardless of how you feel before doing it, because most likely after you start the action you feel better already and you think why it was so hard to start even. You have to accept that in life you can't always be motivated to do things and with your logic all these 80% of times you'd not to do the thing you should do and therefore you'd lose. It's not about burying your emotions, but acting anyways.


Who told you that "others" are real?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@playdoh the obvious answer is to go to sleep earlier but hear me out when it comes to discipline. A lot of people have the wrong expectations when it comes to discipline. People often think that once they are finally disciplined, "hard things" will become "easy things". This is wrong. discipline is really just the willingness to suffer. Lying in bed is easy, comfortable and requires no suffering and that is why people with no discipline frequently sleep in. Getting up before you want to on the other hand is hard and requires a bit of suffering. being disciplined won't make getting out of a warm cozy bed easy. Being disciplined means that you will get out of bed even though it isn't easy because you are willing to suffer getting out of the cozy bed that you want to stay in. There's no easy way out. It takes a willingness to suffer, and no advice or self-help theory will give you a way around that. It's just going to be hard.

Notice however that avoiding situations that bring suffering all the time leads to more suffering than the initial situations ever would. You've probably heard "If you do what is easy, your life will be hard. If you do what is hard, your life will be easy." Tomorrow morning, JUST GET UP! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Is waking up early really the answer for you at this stage in your life? Maybe your mind and body just need proper rest, especially when you're not working a job that you're very passionate about.

I notice it comes in stages with me. I'm currently in a stage where I naturally wake up early, and I pick the benefits from that. I also had a phase where I forced myself to wake up early, and than going back to bed again because I atill was too damn tired to do anything productive.

Changing your diet to a healthier one and cutting cafeïne might also help in waking up earlier.

 

 

 

Edited by Rob06

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Kksd74628 said:

@playdoh

I must disagree with you, because all what I said I personally did and do in my life and they worked. It's not pushing if you just do the thing regardless of how you feel before doing it, because most likely after you start the action you feel better already and you think why it was so hard to start even. You have to accept that in life you can't always be motivated to do things and with your logic all these 80% of times you'd not to do the thing you should do and therefore you'd lose. It's not about burying your emotions, but acting anyways.

Thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Adodd said:

@playdoh the obvious answer is to go to sleep earlier but hear me out when it comes to discipline. A lot of people have the wrong expectations when it comes to discipline. People often think that once they are finally disciplined, "hard things" will become "easy things". This is wrong. discipline is really just the willingness to suffer. Lying in bed is easy, comfortable and requires no suffering and that is why people with no discipline frequently sleep in. Getting up before you want to on the other hand is hard and requires a bit of suffering. being disciplined won't make getting out of a warm cozy bed easy. Being disciplined means that you will get out of bed even though it isn't easy because you are willing to suffer getting out of the cozy bed that you want to stay in. There's no easy way out. It takes a willingness to suffer, and no advice or self-help theory will give you a way around that. It's just going to be hard.

Notice however that avoiding situations that bring suffering all the time leads to more suffering than the initial situations ever would. You've probably heard "If you do what is easy, your life will be hard. If you do what is hard, your life will be easy." Tomorrow morning, JUST GET UP! 

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rob06 said:

Is waking up early really the answer for you at this stage in your life? Maybe your mind and body just need proper rest, especially when you're not working a job that you're very passionate about.

I notice it comes in stages with me. I'm currently in a stage where I naturally wake up early, and I pick the benefits from that. I also had a phase where I forced myself to wake up early, and than going back to bed again because I atill was too damn tired to do anything productive.

Changing your diet to a healthier one and cutting cafeïne might also help in waking up earlier.

 

 

 

Yeah this definitely has occurred to me recently. Why is my body wanting to stay in bed, it’s asking for it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, playdoh said:

Yeah this definitely has occurred to me recently. Why is my body wanting to stay in bed, it’s asking for it

Are you getting much sunlight? You need to get sunlight within 45 minutes of waking to set your circadian rhythm. Get 15-30 minutes of direct sunlight early in the morning. You will sleep much better. Everything in life will get better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, herghly said:

Are you getting much sunlight? You need to get sunlight within 45 minutes of waking to set your circadian rhythm. Get 15-30 minutes of direct sunlight early in the morning. You will sleep much better. Everything in life will get better.

Yess thank you! I had noticed that night before last. I for the first time in a really long time slept w my curtains open and already woke up feeling energized because of the sunlight that was coming in.I also sleep with a sleep mask on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First of all, sleep as early as possible. Switch off devices. Relax and calm yourself. Cut caffeine in your diet. Regular cold showers. Hit gym. 

 


Do not engage. Do not engage. Do not engage black pill. I need to write Dear Berrylee in my signature.Gaurzeugus.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Tyler Robinson said:

First of all, sleep as early as possible. Switch off devices. Relax and calm yourself. Cut caffeine in your diet. Regular cold showers. Hit gym. 

 

Thank you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now