UpperMaster

How is life an “ultimate sandbox game” when there is an absence of free will?

109 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, undeather said:

Former actualized.org admin and spiritual teacher who mainly focused on neo-advaita/no-self teachings
Leo demoted him because he lost touch with reality: https://imgur.com/3WKAELm
He then quit the forum and started his own

How do you even come to such conclusions? It's not like when he's writing or coming up with this shit there's "no one there." It feels like these people are getting caught up in some meditative high that they can't get over.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

@tedens Nah, i don't view mentorship the same way. I still have people I talk to, aryvueda doctor, therapist etc but I don't need any of them anymore.

I'm still open to learning and speaking with people. But i'm at a point where I'm the only one who can truly walk the path. And I feel very content with my spiritual progress now.

On 10.08.2022 at 4:04 PM, Inliytened1 said:

Dangerous? I don't feel that from him.  A good guy who means well.

You didn't read his conversation with SoonHei carefully enough.

9 hours ago, JoeVolcano said:

@Breakingthewall Have you seen  his videos?

Never, how are they? I have to concentrate a lot to understand spoken English, and if I don't even understand what he says in his posts, I guess the videos don't either

19 hours ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@Breakingthewall I wish I could see it clearly, but I still don't really know what his deal is.

But I definitely believe he has some kind of mental disorder,

He's definitely out there.  We'll- OK I can see where he could be dangerous in that sense then- so if I came off as insensitive I apologize.   You were vulnerable and he took advantage - from what it seems from your POV.  Though as you said you are biased so it's possible he had good intentions, but his own shortcomings prevented him from seeing this.  It's a sad story and I'm sorry you went through it.  Glad you are doing good now though.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@VeganAwake You're free to enjoy & employ any teachings you want but to me, Neo-Advaita is just bollocks & genuinely dangerous

I'm not saying it doesn't help certain people who are ready for that teaching (you are one of them clearly) 

But just repeating the same thing, making $100000's travelling the world on retreats & selling books as an individual (unless this money is going to this 'nobody'?) then saying there's nobody there, nothing this is happening to etc is just hilarious to me 

Also, just talking from experience, going through that stage, was the least fulfilling & enjoyable, the 'No-Self' denial of life just left me wanting more, but if it works for you, that's cool, its just personally I prefer a more tantric approach from teachers such as Francis Lucille & My own teacher Ananda. 

But, if you're happy & enjoying life that's all that matters, if these teachers 'did it' for 'you' then enjoy liberation! 

I just personally think there is underlying dangers in these teachings, especially since a lot of seekers come with underlying mental health issues, lack of life experience & often unstable life conditions, so I think its very unskilful of them often. 

I am also biased though, so who knows!

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

It seems to me that there is no free will in the sense that everything that happens in our life will happens no matter what because it cannot be otherwise... We cannot avoid anything that is in our "destiny" 

The only free will I see is in our thoughts, beliefs, reactions to the situations that are happening. 

I'm not sure because I didn't realized this yet but it seems more natural to me

@JoeVolcano

have seriously tried 3 times. I can't. After 10 seconds I went into a state of hypnosis trying to understand what he was talking about. I can't judge if it's correct or not. The same thing happens to me with texts.

example, this text:

I love just be. ? 

I wonder… to whom does being feel unconscious, who is not explicitly aware?

Is there someone trying to be, or perhaps is there the activity of thought about trying to be? 

Can thought be directed towards presence, or is presence awareness, of the thoughts? 

It of course great to be self aware of being, and it can also be questioned… who is the ‘me’ which is said to be self aware of being?

If self awareness is made of different things than beingness… being is not infinite, but is another thing, isn’t it so?

Most relevant imo, if an I has a being self & a thought self,  is the negative guy the I, the being self or a thought self? If the identity of negative guy doesn’t resonate, is a self not resonating with a self, or is a thought not resonating, with self?

Who experiences, self?

Before it is said there needs to be a place, perhaps first it can be inspected, is there a place where self stays? Where is this place? 

Likewise there is said to be unconscious & unaware, is this direct experience? What was / is it like, the experience of unconscious, unaware?

Try to understand this: 

Most relevant imo, if an I has a being self & a thought self,  is the negative guy the I, the being self or a thought self? If the identity of negative guy doesn’t resonate, is a self not resonating with a self, or is a thought not resonating, with self?

For me, this is hipnosis. Maybe I'm not enough smart to understand. 

9 minutes ago, JoeVolcano said:

Btw. I agree that much of his writing seems cryptic and I don't usually waste a whole lot of effort trying to decypher them.

I've wasted some time trying to do it when I doubt if I'm an idiot or if he's making fun of me. my conclusion is that it is the second 

I think the phenomenon is that many people bow to his superior attitude and his claims that he is enlightened, and when they read that text they don't bother trying to understand it, it just evokes something strange, being incomprehensible, and they think: ohhh a mystic, I am so far from understanding him...he speaks in the language of god ?

Edited by Breakingthewall

3 hours ago, JoeVolcano said:

@Breakingthewall So the text replacements didn't work for you? Or did you miss my other reply?

@JoeVolcano

Really, not. I don't even know what he's talking about. maybe the problem is mine

3 hours ago, JoeVolcano said:
30 minutes ago, JoeVolcano said:

If you're negative about yourself, does that mean ego is negative, or God is negative?

?‍♂️ :)

@Breakingthewall

@JoeVolcano

The ego...maybe what happens is that the syntax is strange

1 hour ago, JoeVolcano said:

But if I have to sift through all that gibberish just to find the occasional nugget, then truth be told I'd rather just find it somewhere else.

5 hours ago, JoeVolcano said:
2 hours ago, JoeVolcano said:

@Breakingthewall

@JoeVolcano

you can review as many times as you want and you will only find two or three ideas, that the map is not the territory, that you have to go beyond the concept, and things about discord that I do not understand very well, aimed at people with serious emotional problems , which are the ones he want to capture his attention.and some dose of cloying sentimentality

And that's it. there is nothing there, only: I am very special. How lucky you are that I talk to you! Engañabobos in Spanish. 

My experiences gave me the knowledge that there is no free will, as everything has a plan, but it is disguised by an illusion of being completely random - mostly because humans do not have the ability to be able to see in as many directions as consciousness does - that under normal circumstances, we can't see the full picture into what this plan is.  What the plan is, is that the universe/God/consciousness wants to evolve to witness itself as itself through its creations and so it has been growing in consciousness, creating all sorts of offshoots and various things in order to create beings that have the capability of seeing it.  It is trying to awaken to itself, in the same way as when we grow and develop we are trying to waken to ourselves as well.  It wants to know itself through you, while you are aware of it as a part of you, and so it creates as many different situations and variables in order to do this through many, many different eyes - and eventually a few of them strike gold and can see through the game for a momentary lapse of time.

You do have the ability to get up in the morning, to go to sleep, to eat, to walk around, to live, to kill yourself, all of these things - but they are all preplanned as part of a gradual awakening process in which God unfolds its true self and unveils its majesty to its creations.  Only a limited number of people are given this gift, this miracle and it is not one to squander when you find it.  People spend their whole lives looking to be witness to the miracle of creation and never find it, so if you do, cherish it.  God will sacrifice a hundred thousand, just so a select few have the ability to witness.  You are either chosen to see, or you're not, and all of that is part of your destiny.

The good news is, I believe we are all "picked" at the end of our lives to witness this phenomenon, and that we are given back our true free will as a gift.  I believe that we have these limited lives, that some of us sacrifice knowing the truth so that others can see it - that their work isn't in vain, that we are all given this gift at some point.  That we need limitation, lack of free will and polarity in order to come to understand the meaning of the miracle of life, so that we appreciate what we are given and what we are to soon inherit.  

On 8/12/2022 at 9:02 AM, LfcCharlie4 said:

Also, just talking from experience, going through that stage, was the least fulfilling & enjoyable, the 'No-Self' denial of life just left me wanting more, but if it works for you, that's cool, its just personally I prefer a more tantric approach from teachers such as Francis Lucille & My own teacher Ananda. 

I get it bro.

It's just obvious there isn't a real understanding of what enlightenment actually is. There are definitely no stages involved or me's left unsatisfied.

In this particular situation, if the self was clearly seen through, there wouldn’t be anyone left to feel unfulfilled and wanting more. That would still just be the endlessly needy illusion of self continuing to seek more and more.(which is all it can do)

In other words.....THAT which prefers a more tantric approach to spirituality, is the very illusion of self that is seen through in actual enlightenment.

It's the end of seeking because the seeker is clearly seen to have never been.

❤ 

Edited by VeganAwake

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

EM_kZClWkAUpoTS?format=jpg&name=900x900

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins