Matthew85

Reality being a dream

65 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Matthew85 said:

Interesting thought. I'm not sure. Where would those dreams be occurring? I assumed when I wake up the dream and characters cease to exist. 

A dreamed space time continuum is an illusion consisting of nothing. And just as your sleeping dream's spacetime is an illusion born out of nothingness, so also is your waking world spacetime continuum an illusion. So the simple answer to your question is, if other dream characters of yours are dreaming up other dream characters within their own dream(of which you would be one of them) then their dream isn't happening anywhere because it's exactly the same as your dreams which aren't tacking place anywhere or within any mechanical system.

Potestas Infinitas, Libertas Infinitas, Auctoritas Infinitas.

Looking at reality as a dream. Why does the dream always appear to be structured the same? It’s always a body (first person) experiencing something. Is THIS limited to only being able to have experiences if an individual body with an apparent individual consciousness arises?

The universe is infinite in all directions and all dimensions so I’m thinking it wouldn’t be limited to this arrangement all the way up and down (I.E subject “body-mind” experiencing object “insert experience/life here”).

This one is quite simple. Whenever people refer to things as a dream within spirituality, they are referring to an illusion. An illusion itself has to do with something that has a subjective experience or narrow function within all of reality itself. If it’s the workings of reality, however, it is not an illusion. It is real. Or as people call it normally… reality!

Now, however. Since this is about dreams, I do have to address that too. Dreams just refer to an unfiltered subdivision within an illusion. While you don’t have to be asleep while having dreams, it is hard for most people to be in a state like this/not practical for most people. Something like a Psychedelic experience could apply to this due to you being subdivided from your physical body and therefore in a sub-illusion. 

But it’s up to you to decided what is what at the end of the day. It’s entirely free will at the end of the day.   

You have been gifted the Golden Kappa~! 

3 hours ago, JuliusCaesar said:

So the simple answer to your question is, if other dream characters of yours are dreaming up other dream characters within their own dream(of which you would be one of them) then their dream isn't happening anywhere because it's exactly the same as your dreams which aren't tacking place anywhere or within any mechanical system.

@JuliusCaesar Interesting. I have no idea. If this is happening it's not within my dream. During my lucid dreams, no one else appears to be able to influence the dream, only me. 

13 hours ago, Matthew85 said:

@JuliusCaesar Interesting. I have no idea. If this is happening it's not within my dream. During my lucid dreams, no one else appears to be able to influence the dream, only me. 

And yet, I've experienced a highly evolved being that managed to manipulate my waking reality from my sleeping dreams. And many other lucid dreamers have encountered other dream characters who were also capable of manipulating the dream environment to the same extent as the "main dreamer" from the waking world, and on some occasions, the dream characters altered the waking world in some way. It just goes to show that there's great potential for diversity and a variety of possibilities in dreams.

6 hours ago, JuliusCaesar said:

And yet, I've experienced a highly evolved being that managed to manipulate my waking reality from my sleeping dreams. And many other lucid dreamers have encountered other dream characters who were also capable of manipulating the dream environment to the same extent as the "main dreamer" from the waking world, and on some occasions, the dream characters altered the waking world in some way. It just goes to show that there's great potential for diversity and a variety of possibilities in dreams.

@JuliusCaesar How did this affect your belief of being sovereign in your reality? Perhaps these highly evolved beings you encounter are your own creations?

2 hours ago, Matthew85 said:

@JuliusCaesar How did this affect your belief of being sovereign in your reality? Perhaps these highly evolved beings you encounter are your own creations?

At that spacetime, I had a rather ordinary worldview, minus the fact that I knew some instances of psychic phenomena were real and that humans were capable of demonstrating the same. The being in question actually caused me to realize that I'm God. Which inevitably led me to realize that "they" aren't actually other than me, so "paradoxically" I caused myself to awaken. So to answer your question directly, I went from probably being very similar to where you are now to realizing that all of existence is a personal hallucination of mine, all because of the being in question.

2 minutes ago, JuliusCaesar said:

The being in question actually caused me to realize that I'm God. Which inevitably led me to realize that "they" aren't actually other than me, so "paradoxically" I caused myself to awaken. So to answer your question directly, I went from probably being very similar to where you are now to realizing that all of existence is a personal hallucination of mine, all because of the being in question.

@JuliusCaesar So you created the being to help awaken you. Our consciousness is so complex and layered. It's fascinating that we are creating on other levels that are out of our awareness. Just think of our nightly dreams. Every night we fall into these different immersive rich realties and somehow our mind is orchestrating all of it. Except for occasional lucid dream, we are immersed in the dream narrative as it plays out completely unaware our mind it creating everything in it. 

I have awakened to that knowing, but I fall back into the illusion of being a human in an objective world. 

On 8/10/2022 at 5:32 PM, Bruins8000 said:

Looking at reality as a dream. Why does the dream always appear to be structured the same? It’s always a body (first person) experiencing something. Is THIS limited to only being able to have experiences if an individual body with an apparent individual consciousness arises?

@Bruins8000 Good question. No, I'm sure it isn't always the same. This is just the current structure of this reality and state of consciousness. 

If we are always dreaming, which could be true. Why are the landscapes and narratives of our nightly dreams radically different from one night to the next, while our waking reality dream is so consistent and stable? Any theories? Is it just a different rule set? It certainly makes waking reality appear more real by contrast. 

28 minutes ago, Matthew85 said:

If we are always dreaming, which could be true. Why are the landscapes and narratives of our nightly dreams radically different from one night to the next, while our waking reality dream is so consistent and stable? Any theories? Is it just a different rule set? It certainly makes waking reality appear more real by contrast. 

One has to be the main frame. One has to take priority. It has to. You’ve got to ground yourself in one of them. This is the one you have. If you don’t ground yourself in one then you would be all over the place. Then from the grounded one, dreams can take place within dreams. But don’t forget, this is also a dream. You imagine yourself within this dream in the same way you imagine a self in a nightly dream. When you wake from a nightly dream, you realise you weren’t actually the individual self that you thought you were within that dream. You were actually the whole dream. So you were both the dreamt and the dreamer. Sames going down here, you just need to step it up a notch and realise from here that you are the dreamer. But also the individual self being dreamt. All in all though if you do step it up that notch, which is a massive notch to step up, you will realise you are the dream as a totality. Not just the individual in the dream. Therefore being the whole thing. Being God. And that’s the totality of reality. You’ve either got it going on or you havnt. Either a formed reality or an unformed. In either case you still just exist. Either as the whole of reality, whether you recognise it or not, or as a completely unformed pure singular infinite consciousness, with no form. Nothing, nowhere, no when. Pure awareness with nothing to be aware of. Until you dream up a seeming something to be aware of. Which in reality, won’t really be another thing to be aware of, it’ll just be you. Being aware of yourself, recognised or unrecognised

Edited by Dazgwny

2 hours ago, Dazgwny said:

When you wake from a nightly dream, you realise you weren’t actually the individual self that you thought you were within that dream. You were actually the whole dream. Sames going down here, you just need to step it up a notch and realise from here that you are the dreamer.

@Dazgwny Thank you for sharing your perspective. I haven't reached a definitive answer yet. Sometimes I feel our waking reality could be a shared consensus dream, not solely the creation of only my mind.

Do you have any theories on why waking reality is so stable and consistent, while our nightly dreams are always radically different and changing?

Edited by Matthew85

I have a lifetime of elaborate and detailed dreams in my experience. Strangely I had a dream about a week ago that was a first for me. I thought I had experienced just about every type of dream, and while this one wasn’t so crazy, it was wholly unique. 

I dreamed I was in a seemingly random house when suddenly something about a view out of a window somehow alerted me to the fact that I was dreaming. I instantly went into lucid dreaming mode. I let my excitement dissipate (as I normally do) before doing any “cool dream shit” as this seems to keep me from losing my grip and waking up. The unusual thing was that during this time of calming myself, which seemed like all of 10 seconds, I decided that since I was dreaming and I was “in control” I should pull my brother into my dream and share with him a true lucid dream (he reports never having had one). Next thing I did was to instantly teleport myself into an amazing glowing cave and then I pulled my brother into the dream through some portal. I knew without a doubt that I was dreaming BUT somehow I believed that I had brought my actual brother into my dream with me.

It was a dream inside of a lucid dream inside of a regular dream. 

I took my brother to a psychedelic pool of mirror like liquid that I used like a crystal ball and I began showing him the most unfathomable beautiful shit in its reflection. I was transfixed at my own creations. Then I looked over and I saw that my brother seemed listless, unimpressed and kind of sleepy. His reaction was not like him, and the confusion it caused me instantly made me reflect once again, realizing I had just created this “brother” of mine, and that I was fooling myself inside of what I thought was a waking dream. 
I woke up immediately and noted the unique nature of the dream. It is one of about 5 dreams I’ve had in the last month seemingly about spiritual awakening, and the layers of self deception. Thought I would share. 
Bless you all.  

2 hours ago, G_A_L_E_X_Y said:

Then I looked over and I saw that my brother seemed listless, unimpressed and kind of sleepy. His reaction was not like him, and the confusion it caused me instantly made me reflect once again, realizing I had just created this “brother” of mine, and that I was fooling myself inside of what I thought was a waking dream. 

@G_A_L_E_X_Y Interesting dream. Thank you for sharing. I have had similar experiences with relatives in lucid dreams. Their strange or different behavior makes me aware it isn't actually them. It's an odd phenomena if Leo is correct and our relatives in waking reality are also only creations of our mind. You would think our mind could create a convincing version in both realties. 

13 minutes ago, Matthew85 said:

@G_A_L_E_X_Y Interesting dream. Thank you for sharing. I have had similar experiences with relatives in lucid dreams. Their strange or different behavior makes me aware it isn't actually them. It's an odd phenomena if Leo is correct and our relatives in waking reality are also only creations of our mind. You would think our mind could create a convincing version in both realties. 

Yes it would seem so. I don’t have great language to explain this concept (please excuse this extremely rough sketch) but to me, reality is the first order dream built out of concepts within the framework of infinity and that is why it is so consistent and things “work.” And then our sleeping dreams can be thought of as second or third order dreams built out of the concepts existent inside of the finite mind. They fall apart easier and and are much easier to break free from because they are built inside of a pre-existing illusion. This doesn’t explain everything but that’s not the point. You know this. 

39 minutes ago, G_A_L_E_X_Y said:

I don’t have great language to explain this concept (please excuse this extremely rough sketch) but to me, reality is the first order dream built out of concepts within the framework of infinity and that is why it is so consistent and things “work.” And then our sleeping dreams can be thought of as second or third order dreams built out of the concepts existent inside of the finite mind. They fall apart easier and and are much easier to break free from because they are built inside of a pre-existing illusion.

@G_A_L_E_X_Y My exploration and contemplation leads me to similar conclusions. 

According to Leo and he may be correct, we need to stop making a distinction between our nightly dreams and our waking dream. They are both a creation of our mind. If this is true, why is so much easier for me to see my mind playing out in the narratives of my nightly dreams? But when I look for the same in my waking reality, it's a lot more difficult to see the correlation? Does anyone have any thoughts on this? 

@JuliusCaesar That 434 person you mentioned has released complete geocentric nonsense of scientific illiteracy and absurdity, so to advocate a return to sun worship . . .