Spiral

Greens powders

7 posts in this topic

Hi!

Do you have any experience with greens powers(like athletic greens)? If so, what’s been your experience? Currently I do not take any supplements and to me this seems like a good option.

Edited by Spiral

11 minutes ago, Spiral said:

Hi!

Do you have any experience with greens powers(like athletic greens)? If so, what’s been your experience? Currently I do not take any supplements and to me this seems like a solution option.

Solution to what? You don’t necessary need supplements. 

14 minutes ago, Jannes said:

Solution to what? You don’t necessary need supplements. 

Sorry that’s a grammar mistake. But yeah you don’t need them. However it’s advantageous to take supplements unless you’re really into optimizing your diet. Most people have deficiencies even if they eat relatively healthy. Besides it’s just blended leafs and stuff, it’s not like pills.

Furthermore my diet is OK. I get free food from work. Sometimes salads sometimes pizza.

7 hours ago, Spiral said:

Sorry that’s a grammar mistake. But yeah you don’t need them. However it’s advantageous to take supplements unless you’re really into optimizing your diet. Most people have deficiencies even if they eat relatively healthy. Besides it’s just blended leafs and stuff, it’s not like pills.

Pills aren’t automatically bad just because they are pills.
I heard from Leos video about heavy metals that green powders often contain heavy metals so that’s a plus for pills actually.

Furthermore my diet is OK. I get free food from work. Sometimes salads sometimes pizza.

Yeah some supplementation could be advantages for you.

Edited by Jannes

I have a huge admiration for AG1's marketing strategy and their immense success since 2020. Having been sponsors to people like Lex Friedman & Andre Hubberman must have spiked their revenues massively.

But frankly, most people do not need these products although maybe extreme athletes with rapid demand for antioxidants and nutrients can benefit from it or malnourished individuals and people with eating disorders to consume these sorts of products. 

It is possible that megadosing such as that may actually have adverse effects through oxalic acid overload especially when people are calcium deficient or have a messed up microbiota with the absence of oxalobacter formigenes  species. I did a deep dive into this topic on the blog last year and the conclusion was that if you don't megadose or have calcium deficiency or kidney disease or severe dysbiosis, you should be ok. But maybe you can have too much of a good thing here. 

I don't know if I could justify paying 120 dollars for 30 doses of powdered greens. Seems like you could get a kilo of raw vegetables for that per day, 2 kilos if you shop at the right places. 

If you won't miss the money or don't have time to eat your greens or cook or just wanna experiment, go for it and see how you feel but it might be possible to get the same benefits from just regular greens consumption. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

After many biohacking adventures and a twinkle of insight, my conclusion is that powder-this, supplement-that... You don't need all this garb. Eat healthy whole foods and maintain a calm mind and ya gravy.

Edited by Brandon Nankivell

I took AG1 for about 3 months. It's definitely not the most economic option but it's good stuff, as far as my limited experience has been. Im basically eating the same shit everyday, so making sure I don't miss anything essential is quite important to me. I honestly can't justify the price to myself, so I switched to a multivitamin stack and diversified my diet a bit.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus