JJJcaine

Anyone follows Dr. Berg on Youtube?

6 posts in this topic

His advice seems to be great if you're into ketogenic diet and other habits few seem to follow but his recent advice to make the first meal at 1200 and the last at 1800 greatly improved my well being. I never realized how much the body needs the downtime from any caloric intake. Overall by following even some of his advice like not eating sugar at all I eat better now and feel better - I was surprised to see for myself eliminating sugars reduces floaters and increases energy and after a few months I don't find the sugar taste appealing.

You can't become enlightened without a healthy body.

I recommend.

Edited by JJJcaine
addition

His general health advice is great for all sorts of health ailments but he is not a good researcher and has been called out many times for his biases and cherry picking especially on saturated fats, red meat and seed oils.

But that's the same pattern with most large channels. Once you start digging deep enough into the literature so much thay Kruger Dunning effect kicks in, you realise things aren't as black and white and the more you try to explain these subtle differences, methodologies and biases, the more audience you loose (not one or two but tens of thousands unsubs per month) so he is not immune to this and hence chooses to ignore invitations to major debates with people thay would expose him as a quack he is on topics he has conveniently chose to cherry pick the evidence to suit his keto audience.

He is not the only one either. It's a commercial decision to omit the truth

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Popular is always at odds with truthful it seems so much so that being a fringe group is revered by some (let's admit Actualized gets some fringe points...).

Before I started my career in medicine, I used to follow many of the renowned youtube-"doctors" and health personalities for years. Yet once you really become sort of an expert yourself, you gradually realize how terrible and short sighted most of the advice you get actually is. Berg is, in my opinon, no exception - in fact, he is one of the worst in the industry. He makes ridicolous claims based on shitty evidence and bro-science. When the mainstream system is lacking the holistic view, then pseudo doc's like Berg lack the integrity and scientific know-how to support their medical paradigm. 

It's audience capture & financial interest at the bottom of it. 
Nobody who actually has a clue takes him seriously.

This doesnt mean that is always wrong - of course not. Some of his videos are actually pretty interesting. 

Edited by undeather

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

I follow him - I think some of his videos are interesting. I am not into the Keto diet much though so some of his videos dont really appeal to me.