tezk

Cured my Post Orgasm Illness Syndrome. No longer need to do semen retention.

58 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I feel like posting this to share some insight and understanding into the whole "semen retention" and "nofap" discussion/debate. I've been a big advocator of semen retention specifically because of how drained and severely depleted I was after ejaculation. Anxiety, fatigue, irritability, brainfog for 2-3 days following ejaculation. Started when I was about 17. There is no difference between sex or masturbation, as long as I ejaculated I experience severe symptoms. It took me a while personally to make the connection between my severe symptoms and ejaculation. Then it took even longer to actually understand it as a diagnosable condition, and not some divine phenomena that eastern mysticism and philosophy were speaking of i.e., taoist talk a lot about the benefits of semen retention and preserving life force energy/chi, etc.

I believe that a lot of people in the semen retention and nofap communities actually have undiagnosed post orgasm illness syndrome (POIS) to varying degrees. 

Technically I have not cured it from the root, but my solution does remove 99% symptoms. I can ejaculate however much I want and within 2 hours or so I feel completely normal. The solution that works for me: fenugreek, raw minced garlic - let it sit for 10 minutes before swallowing, a specific B-complex and gluten-free diet. I take the fenugreek and garlic before and after ejaculating, and the B-complex afterwards. You can read more in depth of my solution and journal here: https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=3964.msg42080#msg42080

I still believe there are useful benefits to semen retention and nofap. Most notably dopamine detox/austerity practice, and insane levels of energy. I will certainly still be using these as tools generally speaking. The difference is that I can now consciously choose, rather than be forced to do it out of fear.

You might have POIS if you feel severely depleted after ejaculation (or any other negative symptoms for that matter). You can test and trial the different solutions that have worked for different people here: https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2338.0

https://www.youtube.com/@tommicallef 

"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are." - Joseph Campbell

I don't have this problem but thank you for sharing. It can help a lot of people and change lifes.

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

Good. Seems like plenty of guys on here need this.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I have POIS and PAWS and have been on NoFap for 3 years. It completely killed my life - the negative symptoms of sexuality. Will look into your treatment

@bambi Yeah it basically fucked my life up as well, but I've pretty much turned it all around. Anything is possible!

Make sure in addition to trying my treatment you also test the other solutions which have worked for others: https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2338.0. POIS is a very complex condition, different things work for different people.

Good luck!

@tezk my symptoms get better on longer streaks of semen retention and nofap, aren't all of these methodologies just plasters?

But thanks this site is great, I did research it but came back with HRT being the only efffective treatment methd

Edited by bambi

23 minutes ago, bambi said:

my symptoms get better on longer streaks of semen retention and nofap, aren't all of these methodologies just plasters?

Most people with POIS have their symptoms go away after a few days. That's not really fixing the issue. Basically if I waited 2-3 weeks between ejaculations I would not experience symptoms. That is not the natural frequency my body wants to ejaculate at being 21 years old. Now I can ejaculate however much I want. If I have sex, I don't need to worry about back to back sessions.

23 minutes ago, bambi said:

I did research it but came back with HRT being the only efffective treatment methd

???
You've tested garlic, fenugreek, gluten-free, niacin, matcha green tea, etc already?
If so, at least you've found something which works. POIS is a stubborn and strange condition.

Edited by tezk

@Aleister Crowleyy lmao

49 minutes ago, Aleister Crowleyy said:

I'll give it a try. I suffer from POIS. I'm on day 14 of semen retention and feel like God. It's weird other guys don't get the feeling.

Yup it took me a while to figure out what I was experiencing is an actual diagnosable condition. I have mates irl who experience similar symptoms, and then others who don't at all. It was always so strange to me. 

The only thing my 'solution' doesn't do for me is give me insane levels of energy. Semen retention still accomplishes that purpose ;). My energy levels are normal when ejaculating and using the solution.

Edited by tezk

5 hours ago, tezk said:

Most people with POIS have their symptoms go away after a few days. That's not really fixing the issue. Basically if I waited 2-3 weeks between ejaculations I would not experience symptoms. That is not the natural frequency my body wants to ejaculate at being 21 years old. Now I can ejaculate however much I want. If I have sex, I don't need to worry about back to back sessions.

???
You've tested garlic, fenugreek, gluten-free, niacin, matcha green tea, etc already?
If so, at least you've found something which works. POIS is a stubborn and strange condition.

I literally went straight to the store to buy garlic fenugreek and niacin after you messaged

Sat here feeling super wierd, my sinuses etc are throbbing

On 07/08/2022 at 3:22 AM, Aleister Crowleyy said:

If I'm in Ketosis then I have zero effects on my consciousness due to ejaculation. Weird huh? Right now I'm not In Ketosis. I tested this morning with my ketomojo ketone meter.

Interesting. So if you ate two bananas which would kick you out of ketosis you would experience some kind of POIS?

You should document your experience at poiscenter.com. The community would be very interested in hearing your experiences with this.

On 07/08/2022 at 3:22 AM, Aleister Crowleyy said:

I also take vitamin B(non-synthetic) at night

B complex literally changed my life. I find the non-active forms seem to work a lot better especially for my POIS. I had these weird afternoon brainfog spells which would always come on around 4-5pm (independent of POIS). They were fixed through an active B complex I was taking (LifeExtension's BioActive). That same active B complex though does not perform as well however when I use it for my POIS. I take another one (Nature's Own 150 B Forte), which is mostly non-active B vitamins with methyl B12.

Edited by tezk

it looks like fenugreek blocks the conversion of testosterone to DHT, what could be happening is after masturbation your body produces an excessive amount of DHT, a sign of this would be really bad armpit smell. 

So it would make sense that the Fenugreek would prevent the conversion and therefore reduce your symptoms after masturbation.

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

23 hours ago, Aleister Crowleyy said:

What other thing have you tried which you've found to work?

I go into a lot more details here https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=3964.msg42080#msg42080 where I've documented my POIS experiences, testings, protocol, etc. 

5 hours ago, integral said:

it looks like fenugreek blocks the conversion of testosterone to DHT, what could be happening is after masturbation your body produces an excessive amount of DHT, a sign of this would be really bad armpit smell. 

So it would make sense that the Fenugreek would prevent the conversion and therefore reduce your symptoms after masturbation.

Who knows. All I know is that it works lol.

Indian culture has been using fenugreek for eons so I'm not really worried about any adverse effects. I've been using it for over a year now with no problems. Naturally I give my body a break from it (when I'm not ejaculating) which I think is healthy.

I've always had pretty bad body odour since I was 11

Is semen retention even healthy? You need to get that stuff out or your balls will blow. I don't think any man can actually do it for a year. It's just so tempting and hard to not go for the full orgasm. 

On 15/08/2022 at 8:38 PM, at_anchor said:

Is semen retention even healthy? You need to get that stuff out or your balls will blow. I don't think any man can actually do it for a year. It's just so tempting and hard to not go for the full orgasm. 

Only necessary if you have POIS otherwise you will be in a state of chronic inflammation 24/7. Then you need to try and figure out your condition.

It can be a useful tool as an abstaining from pleasure practice, dopamine detox, or to increase your motivation to bang real girls. Most people do it in a neurotic fashion though. A lot of people (who do not have chronic POIS) do report an increase in overall energy levels as well.

On 8/20/2022 at 0:23 PM, tezk said:

It can be a useful tool as an abstaining from pleasure practice, dopamine detox, or to increase your motivation to bang real girls.

it is difficult in sometimes. especially when you value sex so much and use this as a way to escape. the only way I would let go of that in life is if I had real sex instead, I think. 

Could I ask you what was your longest phase of retention? Do you have enough referential experience to compare retaining and not retaining?

15 hours ago, Kshantivadin said:

Could I ask you what was your longest phase of retention? Do you have enough referential experience to compare retaining and not retaining?

Longest was 90 days. I've done many streaks of at least 30+ days. I really had no choice when it came to my POIS episodes. I've been doing that for basically the past 4 years while I had POIS. In my experience the benefits plateau around the 3 week mark. That's when stagnated energy begins to become an issue, and you've either got to transmute it through a direct energy practice like kriya yoga/microcosmic orbit, or ejaculating resets the energy system. It is different for everyone though. I still believe there are benefits to it as I've spoken about in previous posts. I also think there are lots of benefits to non-ejaculatory sex especially for cases like myself. The difference is that I no longer crash and burn so severely when I ejaculate. Semen retention still gives me that extra edge in confidence, assertiveness, arousal, and ambition I would say, although it depends on ejaculation frequency. It's all pretty nuanced.

Edited by tezk

I asked this to see if you are legit. One could say I have POIS as well but I always simply interpreted it as what pushes me towards energy practice. It would be lovely not to crash and burn so hard when I ejaculate because taking energy practice seriously will mean I will sometimes slip and have an EO - and I want to take my energy practice seriously. I don't want to live in fear or caution. Usually I need at least 2 days to start functioning.

15 hours ago, Kshantivadin said:

I asked this to see if you are legit. One could say I have POIS as well but I always simply interpreted it as what pushes me towards energy practice. It would be lovely not to crash and burn so hard when I ejaculate because taking energy practice seriously will mean I will sometimes slip and have an EO - and I want to take my energy practice seriously. I don't want to live in fear or caution. Usually I need at least 2 days to start functioning.

How severe are your ejaculation hangovers? What are your symptoms like? How often would you need to abstain between ejaculations to not experience any post ejaculation symptoms? 

I interpreted my condition through the lenses of eastern philosophy / Taoist thinking for a long time until I came to the conclusion that, actually no — what I am experiencing is a diagnosable medical condition. It’s not to say those schools of thought don’t have any truth to them.

Edited by tezk

On 8/24/2022 at 5:10 AM, tezk said:

How severe are your ejaculation hangovers?

they certainly affect my life in a very negative way.

What are your symptoms like?

brain fog, irritability, fatigue, need to sleep more, need to eat much more, sometimes headache, sometimes sensory overload. this is all I can think of after having overcome all the "mental" symptoms (ie, the additional baggage we put on ourselves having orgasmed and knowing what's gonna happen and how "i'm ruining my life with this" (a really good example thought I would usually have for years after ejaculating))

How often would you need to abstain between ejaculations to not experience any post ejaculation symptoms? 

my whole life, it seems. I have yet to experience an ejaculation without symptoms. I noticed, though, that there are different types of ejaculation, some of which are less draining.  I am also currently learning NEO's as an alternative to suffering for days every time I cum.