Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MarkKol

How do you make friends online?

8 posts in this topic

I used to have a rich online social circle back in the day, I made so many friends that live all over the world, and unlike popular belief online friends aren't far from becoming real world friends, I can visit my old friends In Norway right now if I wanted to. I met most of my friends though Gaming, I no longer game though  unfortunately/fortunately. And neither do they. I was planning on meeting new friends though my life Purpose once I find it, which is still a viable solution... a common interest is crucial to friendship. Although I'm still clueless as to how I'm actually going find them. 

(You don't have to read pass this point, it's just a rant)

Why online friends?

Ignorance and discrimination.

There is this thing people do, you'll eventually notice it if you haven't already. It's that people demonize and discrimate against other nations, basically If you're from Russia you'll complain about how Americans are evil, the brits are evil, the Germans are evil etc... people don't like foreigners! They don't even like people from their own continent (e.x europe) 

Now.. I am the last person you should be complaining about other nations, this is In my opinion the #1 indicator of "low consciousness" its mostly present in stage blue and stage orange ppl. Consciousness in people is measured by simply asking them their circle of concern, and if you have 0 fucking love and acceptance of a foreigner from another country... then I don't want to be friends with you... 

So why? My country is full of these types of people, so fucking stupid and ignorant. The balkans in general, it's a very shit place. I can speak about all Balkan counties like their my own, because there's literally 0 differnce between them, because the languages are all the same. 

So I can't make friends in my own country because they're too barbaric and animalistic, it's that common "don't be the smartest person in the room" problem... I'm not interested in the same stuff they're interested in, I was maybe 8 years ago but not anymore... just shows how much faster I developed. Now... I'm not smarter than anyone here, I'm actually dumber on average. I am however, higher up the spiral. Which doesn't make me better in any way, it's just that my values and desires are totally flipped. In most areas quite literally flipped, people here are scared of black people, I on the other hand, would have no problem having black friends or a black girlfriend, in fact I had many. I have zero bias towards any race.

"Life's a game made for everyone, and love is the prize"

Just start chatting to someone you gravitate to and see if they have the same :), might take a few tries... But yes lately all my interactions are online, this place mostly. 

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

@puporing Sure, chatting in nice, it's kinda like online small talk for me. But I was talking about like live video calls and stuff, at least that's what I'm used to... if you have more than 2 sentences to say then we'd just join a call instead of spelling. You don't do any live video calls I assume? Especially on this forum?

12 minutes ago, MarkKol said:

@puporing Sure, chatting in nice, it's kinda like online small talk for me. But I was talking about like live video calls and stuff, at least that's what I'm used to... if you have more than 2 sentences to say then we'd just join a call instead of spelling. You don't do any live video calls I assume? Especially on this forum?

Oh I see what you mean, you don't want to just do the pen pal thing. I guess I personally like the written format, at least to start.. and I'm sure there are people who prefer video calls like yourself. I do plan on eventually meeting some of the people on here one day. Actually I would really like to do a road trip or something.. but I don't have enough contacts nearby (in North America) yet to motivate such :D

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

I've met a lot of cool people through Reddit. Once you find your life purpose, there's probably a subreddit devoted to that subject where you can start meeting people, and then go off-platform.

There are also a lot of generalized "make friends" subreddits: /r/chatpals /r/gamerpals /r/internetfriends /r/meetnewpeoplehere /r/makenewfriendshere /r/needafriend /r/penpals --- in these subreddits you can make an ultra-personalized post, with exactly what you are and aren't looking for. You can specifically say... must not be racist, certain gender or not, age range, have X interests, open to video or voice chat.

You still get a lot of people ghosting you if they don't feel a connection, or just because lots of people are unreliable. But probably the most efficient way I've found

Honestly, you'd be better off meeting people in the real world over online.  Most people that meet online do so because they're problematic in the real world, myself included.  I haven't actually come across anyone that I've met online that I eventually took the time to get to know that didn't turn out to be a bad person in the short or long run.  Not one.  They all sucked.  That's probably why they were trying to meet people online. 
Your chances of running into bad, creepy, evil people go up significantly when you interact with them online.  You can't gauge as accurately who you're dealing with.  If you're having trouble finding the right people in your country, why not just move to a different country and then find real, tangible friends in the new country?

You can be friends with anyone, even people that annoy you and you annoy them. Many of my friends are annoyed by me and I annoyed by them at times and we are still friends. All you need to have friends especially online friends which is even easier is acceptance that you are going to rub each other the wrong way at times and an acceptance of that. Its easy, not even hard especially when people know the intention or motivation behind all of your words/actions.

You gave a lot of disclaimers of who you don't want as a friend....that's a long list of no's you have created.

20 hours ago, MarkKol said:

It's that people demonize and discrimate against other nations,

20 hours ago, MarkKol said:

I used to have a rich online social circle back in the day, I made so many friends that live all over the world, and unlike popular belief online friends aren't far from becoming real world friends, I can visit my old friends In Norway right now if I wanted to. I met most of my friends though Gaming, I no longer game though  unfortunately/fortunately. And neither do they. I was planning on meeting new friends though my life Purpose once I find it, which is still a viable solution... a common interest is crucial to friendship. Although I'm still clueless as to how I'm actually going find them. 

(You don't have to read pass this point, it's just a rant)

Why online friends?

Ignorance and discrimination.

There is this thing people do, you'll eventually notice it if you haven't already. It's that people demonize and discrimate against other nations, basically If you're from Russia you'll complain about how Americans are evil, the brits are evil, the Germans are evil etc... people don't like foreigners! They don't even like people from their own continent (e.x europe) 

Now.. I am the last person you should be complaining about other nations, this is In my opinion the #1 indicator of "low consciousness" its mostly present in stage blue and stage orange ppl. Consciousness in people is measured by simply asking them their circle of concern, and if you have 0 fucking love and acceptance of a foreigner from another country... then I don't want to be friends with you... 

So why? My country is full of these types of people, so fucking stupid and ignorant. The balkans in general, it's a very shit place. I can speak about all Balkan counties like their my own, because there's literally 0 differnce between them, because the languages are all the same. 

So I can't make friends in my own country because they're too barbaric and animalistic,

"Life's a game made for everyone, and love is the prize"

I don't know if you realize....but your entire post is discriminatory. You could just as well replace the words, low consciousness, and barbaric, with the words poor, or some race or sexual orientation. You can't complain about people being discriminatory.....and then be discriminatory. Not saying you have to be buddy buddy but you are displaying the same traits you are complaining about.

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

17 hours ago, Razard86 said:

I don't know if you realize....but your entire post is discriminatory. You could just as well replace the words, low consciousness, and barbaric, with the words poor, or some race or sexual orientation. You can't complain about people being discriminatory.....and then be discriminatory. Not saying you have to be buddy buddy but you are displaying the same traits you are complaining about.

I was aware of it while I was writing it, I have 18 years of tangible experiences to prove my country is way too barbaric for my taste, I guess you could say I'm discriminating against my own country for discriminating against the people I actually belong with. Ultimately it's about belonging, a sense of belonging isn't just a concept in fictional novels you know... in my case, I am extremely sensitive to it, I need it more than 99% of people.

At the end of the day bro, who would you rather hang out with? People who are not racist or people who call black people ugly? Now that's a very specific example... because it actually happens. I'll admit I'm pretty racist against racists