ChrisZoZo

How does time exist?

12 posts in this topic

Can one of you who have tripped deeply  and discovered a deeper meaning of time please describe it. 

Anyone who says they’re enlightened on this form in anyway is not, except me I am. 

6 hours ago, ChrisZoZo said:

Can one of you who have tripped deeply  and discovered a deeper meaning of time please describe it. 

In duality, everything is relative. Time seems to move *only* because that which is observing it (you) is very literally timeless.

Apparently.

There is no time. Just the present moment. Right Now! The illusion of time plays a part. It is there to serve you.

That's what I gathered and still can remember from one of my awakeings.

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

@Eternal Unity Even the present moment is ultimately illusory. 

In each new moment, we realise that the moment that preceded it was never really there at all. It becomes a ghost.

And yet we think this moment right now is surely real. Ad infinitum.

We fall for the same illusion again. And again, and again, and again.

Apparently.

@axiom So all of it is real. Each and every moment that burns upon your experience.

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

1 hour ago, axiom said:

@Eternal Unity Even the present moment is ultimately illusory. 

In each new moment, we realise that the moment that preceded it was never really there at all. It becomes a ghost.

And yet we think this moment right now is surely real. Ad infinitum.

We fall for the same illusion again. And again, and again, and again.

On what basis do you claim the present moment is illusory?

It is not correct to say that time exists, because it doesn't. The word "existence" implies perception. On the other hand, time is an abstract concept. We can think about it, but not perceive it. When we lose thought of time, we often refer to that experience as eternal now, timelessness, God, or something like that.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

Time is the concept we use to measure change. if there is an apparent change and a witness provided with memory to attest to that change, there is a line of events and apparently, time. for there to be time, the perspective of the subject who measures it must be finite. if it is infinite, there is no time, since really, there is no change. all change is already within infinity

I would but since I transcend time I don't have the time to explain it.

Time exists in our minds, in terms of infinity there is no difference between real and imaginary, and I think it's possible to go into past by traveling into future technically speaking.. If you want to be born in 80' for example, I can give you a hope that you will, but in some other cycle of universe. Infinity have no boundaries nor end, just imagine as Lennon said, but be careful with your wishes :D

It isn't real. See this:

It's the only simple animation I could find.

Watch how the character seems to move through time. But now stop looking at the character and just focus on the white paper page. Notice how the page doesn't ever move.

That is timelessness.

There is nothing to the animation but what is presently showing. You can pause it at any moment, and notice that none of the prior or future frames are existent at that moment. There is only the frame you paused on. That moment, the present, is the only thin which exists. There is just this one moment and a bunch of sketches.

My conception of time comes from me projecting my internal “temporal ordering” of “events” onto reality, making it seem as one thing happens after another. Certain mnemonic images in my mind arises in a “temporal” order, forming a internal “timeline” (which also necessarily involves a spatial component, another illusory concept). This whole thing is entirely constructed in my mind, and its seeming temporal character is merely a mode of thinking. My mind then project this construct outwards. 

Having had breakfast this morning is not something that “happened”. The word “happened” involves this projection again. The temporal juxtaposition of events before my inner eye is not a testament to the order in which events happened. That “events” seem to happen in an order at all is just more mind construction. There are no events. Just mnemonic images in my mind.

What is reality trule “like” then? It’s not “like” anything – this habit of conceiving reality as being in one way or another, is itself another mode of thinking. I’m then situating reality in an objective context – but objectivity as such is just another mode of thinking, another mode of conceiving.