BipolarGrowth

This is what 3 weeks of proper diet and strength training can do

20 posts in this topic

First pic is July 11th. Second pic is today/August 1st. A lot of you are selling yourselves short of your potential with suboptimal diet and training. You can likely get results a lot better than you think. 

Credit goes to Frank Yang for being my personal trainer. https://frankyang.wtf/fitnesscoaching/aesthetics

F569E348-971C-4A0C-9A4E-78325249A346.jpeg

9F23622C-DDEF-4DAA-9041-61611B4DD019.jpeg

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

Looking juicy bro.

Shoutout Fronk. Making mind & body gainz.

The game of survival cannot be won. 

You're going in hard on training, love to see it. Keep going man, very impressive results overall.

Dude you don’t make noticeable progress in 3 weeks unless you are an absolute beginner. Your body looks different throughout the day so maybe you are just carbed up and hold less water. You definetly stand closer to the camera which helps and you are probably more pumped from all the training. 

Looking absolutely shredded man! Don't you get mental and physical energy problems being that peeled?

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

On 8/3/2022 at 7:20 AM, Jannes said:

Dude you don’t make noticeable progress in 3 weeks unless you are an absolute beginner. Your body looks different throughout the day so maybe you are just carbed up and hold less water. You definetly stand closer to the camera which helps and you are probably more pumped from all the training. 

So I’m going to just show three week differences from when I started until now. You’re right in the sense that someone doing 100% optimal training and diet for years will not see huge differences in three week increments, but this is pretty beside the point. I highly doubt those parameters apply to almost anyone here if anyone at all. 

Also, when it comes to losing fat, this can easily happen to a noticeable degree in three weeks even if someone has been training for years. 

CFBB2706-DEC6-449B-981B-5990ED42EE66.jpeg

D964814A-1EF8-4D41-968D-AAAEB56795E6.jpeg

D6CE2408-A0B9-4127-A8B1-67CCA0BBBE79.jpeg

EC4810BB-CFB3-4B91-8E57-EA80784269AD.jpeg

968D8909-876D-4B0C-95E2-340F64129C6C.png

5156E245-2306-4150-AEDC-404AC2DA251B.jpeg

Edited by BipolarGrowth

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 

@Max_V not at all honestly. It’s probably due to my genetics. I know a lot of people would have a much harder time being this lean. My energy levels and everything is actually far better than when I was at a higher body fat % and not training and having a better diet. 

@MarkKol Here’s an example of what I ate today. The quick add you see on dinner is about 12 ounces of round steak. It wouldn’t let me scan the barcode, so I had to enter it manually. Frank currently has me on 210g protein, 365g carbs, and 80g fat on training days. 

45ED03E0-26F5-4335-8479-C3D3EB462F03.png

91F6389C-C861-4246-A97C-3EE8493363B2.png

B847ABCE-A0CC-4965-9282-245AB6DC1777.png

84D09B39-2F14-40C8-ABA2-00B76191BB1F.png

Edited by BipolarGrowth

4 hours ago, BipolarGrowth said:

So I’m going to just show three week differences from when I started until now. You’re right in the sense that someone doing 100% optimal training and diet for years will not see huge differences in three week increments, but this is pretty beside the point. I highly doubt those parameters apply to almost anyone here if anyone at all. 

But I would think this applies to you. You don’t look like a beginner on the first photo where you started the thread. And I call bullshit when you say that this transformation from the first pic to the second pic is due to body recomp. Your shoulders, arms, chest all look significantly bigger, that much muscle growth is just inhuman in 3 weeks. You played with the camera angle, pump etc. and that’s it. 

Also, when it comes to losing fat, this can easily happen to a noticeable degree in three weeks even if someone has been trai

Agree.

The other pics look more believable because of it. 

@Jannes there definitely is a better angle in the second pic, but this wasn’t necessarily intentional. My approach when taking my weekly check in photos I take for Frank is to just take the best looking out of three pics for each pose. I just happened to do a better job that time than the first photo. Regardless, the delt striations and added vascularity are not going to just be taking a better photo. The lighting was the same whereas I think I was closer to the camera as you mentioned. 

Also, both pics in the first post of the thread were taken without a pump. The only pics in this thread taken with a pump are going to be the ones you see in gym room mirrors. 

I am not a beginner in some ways. I trained pretty seriously when I was 17 for about a year. But I did no consistent training for 9 years until now. 

Edited by BipolarGrowth

Your BF % is really impressive. Do you do much cardio or is it all down to the meal plan?

@Asayake I do one session of moderate intensity cardio per week for 200 calories burned currently. So about 15 minutes of running or 30 minutes of cycling. 

Beyond that, I do get a lot of steps in. According to my Fitbit, it’s an average of about 17,000 steps per day which mostly comes from having an active job. If you’re tracking just using your phone, it’s about 9,000 or 10,000 steps per day since there is a large gap in how different devices track this. 

How many grams of protein are you eating? I am somewhat muscular, but am struggling to lean up. I carry alot of fat around my stomach, and it's annoying me.

@Adodd it’s a split that is basically push, pull, legs but my weeks alternate so that one week I’ll do 3 push workouts and the next week it would be 3 pull, etc. 5 workouts per week with the other days alternating the other muscle groups. 

So picture week 1 is Monday- Push, Tuesday- Legs, Wednesday- Push, Thursday- Pull, Friday- Push, Sat & Sunday off. The next week would be pull focused. It runs on a 4 week rotation with the last week being focused more on accessory muscles. 

@Craigxt22 210g protein, 365g carbs, 80g fat

Eating more protein will make it much easier to lean out because it will satisfy your hunger more effectively in general for less calories while also supporting muscle gain of course. Higher protein is more necessary when trying to cut body fat because it will help ensure minimal muscle loss. I’d shoot for 35-40% of your calories from protein if you’re going to cut. 

Congrats!

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

@BipolarGrowth Jheez, that's alot. What are you eating to get all that in a day? I would have to heavily depend on supplements to get that amount .

I drink a lot of liquid egg white.

@Craigxt22 you can see an example of my diet posted above. Protein oatmeal (quite delicious), eggs, Greek yogurt, tuna, tilapia, chicken breast, lean steak cuts, and cottage cheese are my main protein sources.