Razard86

Rupert Spira is afraid to tell people YOU ARE GOD.

24 posts in this topic

Here is a video of Rupert Spira talking around the subject. Its interesting how he dances around it. It might be he wants his students to find out for themselves. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0cjm7kGw-I&ab_channel=RupertSpira

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

He is basically saying your awareness is God. Yeah, he probably wants people to discover the insight on their own. 

If he triggers his audience too much then they won't attend his retreats or buy his guided meditations and talks

Only Mike tyson can speak directly that you are God. He speaks whith honesty

Other spiritual teachers must hide this truth because this will upset many people/believer.

There is a reason to withhold information from someone who doesn’t yet have the maturity or inner work to understand it.  Otherwise it just turns into another silly word game.  

Vincit omnia Veritas.

What if the 'you' and the 'god' do not exist at all...and even as they don't exist it is only in your imagination that you believe they exist.

whoop there it is....

Didn't you just make a topic on the distinction between words and concepts? The word "God" has been poisoned by thousands of years of history. You don't just use that word unapologetically unless you want to be certain you've been misunderstood.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

9 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Didn't you just make a topic on the distinction between words and concepts? The word "God" has been poisoned by thousands of years of history. You don't just use that word unapologetically unless you want to be certain you've been misunderstood.

Your response is confusing.... did you notice I also said he might want his students to find out for themselves? Or do you have an urge to find something to disagree about?

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

People don't know what a "you" is.

They genuinely do not understand where the "you" ends and self begins. You can explain it quite easily but you'd have to do it every single time...

And actually even then I don't know that people legitimately understand that they are nothing. It feels like people just blindly agreeing with Leo or because it sounds deep or something. Which is weird because I think it can be explained super super super easily and it makes complete sense. 100% sense.

Anyway Rupert only cares about suffering and helping people. He's concise but he will alter his words to help the person he's talking to. He speaks differently depending upon the other person's existing understanding.

1 hour ago, Razard86 said:

Your response is confusing.... did you notice I also said he might want his students to find out for themselves? Or do you have an urge to find something to disagree about?

The title came off as dismissive and callous, like he should know better. That is the usual tone when Rupert Spira is mentioned alongside this forum's ideas about God.

31 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

The title came off as dismissive and callous, like he should know better. That is the usual tone when Rupert Spira is mentioned alongside this forum's ideas about God.

I've had this feeling about the thread too.

1 hour ago, RMQualtrough said:

People don't know what a "you" is.

Lol of course not, they don't even understand that each individual human lives in a totally separate and therefore different reality from "everyone" else. Even in spite of how obvious it should be from their perspective.

1 hour ago, RMQualtrough said:

It feels like people just blindly agreeing with Leo or because it sounds deep or something.

There may be some of that, but I mostly see at least on here, instances of people that report having done powerful psychedelics or some kind of occult practice or something, in either event, they have precedent from their own experience to reach consensus with Leo. And notice how oftentimes, the people that aren't doing entheogens but are just doing occult practices tend not to even totally agree with him on here. But just sort of remain open to possibilities.

And there's also of course the intellectual masturbators who only have ordinary human experiences who come on here to try to debate us endlessly lol. Who also rely very heavily on their own experience, as they reject spiritual teachings on the basis that they never experienced the things that give substance to them, and as such fail to even comprehend them abstractly to any serious extent. So, all evidence seems to point to the fact that most humans are already actually less dogmatic and more reliant on their own experience than you'd think.

Potestas Infinitas, Libertas Infinitas, Auctoritas Infinitas.

You act like you already figured out what "I" is and what "God" is. 

On 8/2/2022 at 11:00 AM, Carl-Richard said:

You interpreted it as dismissive and callous and used the past experiences of others as a reference point to look at this title. The title simply says he is afraid to tell people they are God. Its a complete statement with no judgment. I could say person A is afraid to ride elevators. You see? Look how easy we as humans use the past to judge the present moment. ( I do it too).

Edited by Razard86

On 8/2/2022 at 10:16 AM, RMQualtrough said:

Anyway Rupert only cares about suffering and helping people. He's concise but he will alter his words to help the person he's talking to. He speaks differently depending upon the other person's existing understanding.

This is very true he has a gift for this.

On 8/2/2022 at 10:16 AM, RMQualtrough said:

And actually even then I don't know that people legitimately understand that they are nothing. It feels like people just blindly agreeing with Leo or because it sounds deep or something. Which is weird because I think it can be explained super super super easily and it makes complete sense. 100% sense.

I don't think some people on the forums understand either, and when they do find out it will put them in an existential crisis. To know that your life is just a thought in an infinite mind...no more significant than a thought in your own mind would drive some to suicide. 

39 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

You interpreted it as dismissive and callous and used the past experiences of others as a reference point to look at this title. The title simply says he is afraid to tell people they are God. Its a complete statement with no judgment. I could say person A is afraid to ride elevators. You see? Look how easy we as humans use the past to judge the present moment. ( I do it too).

That's how all communication works. There is no meaning without context :P 

Edited by Yali

Watching that Spira video really demonstrates to me how there is a strong bias towards trusting one's own perception as true and dismissing another perception as false.

It is extremely difficult to not fall into this 'trap' of confirmation bias especially when it is reaffirmed by 'traditional conceptualization', for lack of a better phrase to describe it.

51 minutes ago, SOUL said:

Watching that Spira video really demonstrates to me how there is a strong bias towards trusting one's own perception as true and dismissing another perception as false.

It is extremely difficult to not fall into this 'trap' of confirmation bias especially when it is reaffirmed by 'traditional conceptualization', for lack of a better phrase to describe it.

Exactly, it's incredibly difficult to get people to think beyond the limits of what they know. The only problem with that is if you want them to do spiritual work, then they have to first realize at least that it's possible for there to be legitimacy to it. And they can only do that if they listen with the cadence that on some level they imagine they've experienced what we say we're experiencing. As otherwise, they don't really have any basis to consider it seriously and it all just sounds like nonsense hocus pocus baloney to them.

Potestas Infinitas, Libertas Infinitas, Auctoritas Infinitas.

39 minutes ago, JuliusCaesar said:

Exactly, it's incredibly difficult to get people to think beyond the limits of what they know. The only problem with that is if you want them to do spiritual work, then they have to first realize at least that it's possible for there to be legitimacy to it. And they can only do that if they listen with the cadence that on some level they imagine they've experienced what we say we're experiencing. As otherwise, they don't really have any basis to consider it seriously and it all just sounds like nonsense hocus pocus baloney to them.

I don't pay any attention to getting anyone to think anything so people will just think, believe and do any which way they see fit.

My own intention is for well being in my own experience and I don't need to legitimize it to anyone, not even to my 'self', to be well.

I don't get involved with the social cliques aspect of the ideological differences, opinion doesn't influence my well being.