kray

Psychedelics vs being blazed

16 posts in this topic

Just curious, for those who have done both psychedelics and smoke/have smoked weed, is doing a psychedelic like LSD or mushrooms similar to the experience of being really really really high? Or are they completely different? 

If you mean with really really high you are unable to do something productive in the normal surival sense then yes, this is possible. 

LSD is 100x stronger imo than any weed you can consume, also not smoking it makes it less exhausting of a psychdelic to take. Did LSD about 20-35 times.

DMT I tried 3 times 1 time successfully I would say it's at least 1000x if not 10000x stronger there is no tangible contrast between the two. The experience is so different. Also from LSD, feelings might be similar, yet the experience head space, visuals, body high, internal geometry etc. is very different.

I tried magic truffels once, they were also more potent, also 100x+-. 

The only thing they have in common is that they stretch consciouness/ego depending on how you can handle it. There is no comparrisson besides that weed is definitely the weakest and mildest form of a psychdelic you can take. In terms of it's effect. I like it currently after I have done psychdelics to deal with "anxiety" I am just basically comforting myself. You could also smoke pure CBD I bet or take another substance. 

Yet, anecdotally weed can help some with anxiety and cause it for some. If I had to compare my highest high and a normal psychdelic trip I would say the highest high feels to ego compressing you actively have to do a lot of work to realize anything. Although indica helps me to relax a lot. LSD or Shrooms are/seem way more benign and loving in comparrisson to cannabis. A normal trip would still be at least 10x more powerful than any super high you experience also with 100x clarity. As synthesis is really on on the substances. I tested some research chems also and I have to say LSD is by far the mildest and most loving thing I've tested out of all research chems in the LSD family, Al-LAD and ETH-LAD are similar in smoothness. 1P-LSD is by far the strongest derivate I've tried, stronger than LSD. ALD-52 and PRO-LAD were the weakest IIRC also not so comfortable as you could control the mind a lot with ego. 

Edited by ValiantSalvatore

There are not even remotely comparable in my experiences 

LSD is weed^3 + clarity - retardation

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

So do you get the feeling on psychedelics where, similar to being super high, you just can’t get off the couch or you can’t even open your eyes wide, or is that just limited to weed?

9 hours ago, kray said:

So do you get the feeling on psychedelics where, similar to being super high, you just can’t get off the couch or you can’t even open your eyes wide, or is that just limited to weed?

No and this is why I don't find them comparable. Psychedelics fill me with vibrance and my awareness skyrockets to non-human levels. Weed for the most part dulls me out. It can act as a nice amplifier for psychedelics, but it does not produce consciousness raising effects on its own in my experience. I've smoked my fair share and consumed edibles for many years and none of it touched even a simple 1g mushroom or 100 ug LSD experience. Not to say I haven't had some strange experiences with cannabis, but it simply hasn't accelerated my actualization the way psychedelics have. 

I ate an edible for the first ever and it was stronger than Jedi Mind Fuck Mushrooms. This was within 20 hours of taking the Jedi....so you could hypothesize that maybe it reacted with any remnants in the system who knows. But what I can say is that edible hit me like a truck, I exploded into infinity off an edible. 

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

On 01/08/2022 at 9:55 AM, kamwalker said:

There are not even remotely comparable in my experiences 

Same here. Not even remotely comparable at all.

I've been a weed smoker my entire life and in my experience after dozens of psychedelic experiences on most substances, my current relationship with the plant is vastly different to what it was before.

I'm able to have full breakthrough experiences on weed now but I have stopped consuming it regularly like I used to before I discovered psychedelics. I've found weed to be far too numbing if consumed regularly and after any breakthrough experience on psychedelics it was severely limiting my self-development. I wasn't able to remember my dreams and learnings from the integration process wasn't as profound if I was greened out regularly.

I've since changed to smoking weed more ceremonially, maybe once a month instead of every day and setting a genuine intention. This has potentated my weed experiences significantly as obviously my tolerance levels aren't as built up and I'm seeking an outcome from the altered state of consciousness not just getting stoned and eating junk.

I used to defend my weed smoking habits but it just makes me lazy if habitually smoked and I do not get the profound internal reflections that I do on psychedelics. Infact they work in almost opposite ways with weed working in the shadows and numbing you whereas psychedelics work in the light to unearth things on a path to self discovery.

There are certain benefits to both but in my view they work in entirely opposite ways.

On 8/1/2022 at 9:53 PM, Carl-Richard said:

Wow didn’t think it could be quantified but this is a great description… ?

On 2/8/2022 at 7:36 AM, halfknots said:

You can get very far on cannabis edibles.

Agreed; it’s similar to mushrooms

Getting blazed is sorta chill and fun. 

Tripping requires mastery, safety protocols, respect, self constraint, careful measuring, etc. Tripping can be very dangerous and requires you to be mature, grounded and to keep yourself held to a high standard. 

To me getting blazed is fine and fun. But, tripping on something like 5meo is a whole other beast. It requires respect ✊. 

Lastly, no. You can’t get very far on cannabis edibles. A mushroom trip is very different. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

On 2022-08-02 at 4:20 PM, thepixelmonk said:

Same here. Not even remotely comparable at all.

That's also my experience. 

Sailing on the ceiling 

On 8/1/2022 at 10:53 PM, Carl-Richard said:

-retardation is so key lol

It's Love.

On 8/8/2022 at 8:16 PM, Thought Art said:

Lastly, no. You can’t get very far on cannabis edibles. A mushroom trip is very different. 

I should've emphasised that only applies to lower doses of mushrooms.