How to be wise

Is 3:40 a special time for meditation?

65 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Salvijus said:

actually if you type "bhrama muhudram" or "meditation before sunrise" in google you'll find dozens of people talking about it. Mostly from yoga and ayurveda traditions. Other traditions may have different names for this period. I think this knowledge existed for thousands of years already. 

And it's not that 3.40am is a magical number. It's has smth to do with a planets position to the sun. At least that's what the video says. If u watched the video then u probably know as much as i do lol.

In Islam, there are certain times that are considered special. One of them is before the dawn, around the 3:40 that Sadhguru is talking about. It is believed that Allah descends down from the highest heaven to listen and answer to his servants' prayers. Personally, I don't feel that special connection at that specific time, but the time before the sunrise seems to work well for me, and it's also considered a special time in Islam. There are a handful of special times spread out during the day and night, and other special times during the year, like the month Ramadan for fasting and the great holidays.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

1 hour ago, Gesundheit2 said:

In Islam, there are certain times that are considered special. One of them is before the dawn, around the 3:40 that Sadhguru is talking about. It is believed that Allah descends down from the highest heaven to listen and answer to his servants' prayers. Personally, I don't feel that special connection at that specific time, but the time before the sunrise seems to work well for me, and it's also considered a special time in Islam. There are a handful of special times spread out during the day and night, and other special times during the year, like the month Ramadan for fasting and the great holidays.

It's a miracle to hear such information from you :D i love it. I didn't know about it ?

3 hours ago, Salvijus said:

@How to be wise

If u search the internet a bit u may find more information about it. Maybe some more evidence as well.

• According to the International Journal of Yoga and Allied Sciences, during the pre-dawn period, there is the availability of nascent oxygen in the atmosphere. This nascent oxygen easily mixes with hemoglobin forming oxyhemoglobin, which has the following benefits:

Boosts immunity

Increases energy level

Helps maintain the balance of blood pH

Relieves pain, soreness, and cramps

Enhances the absorption of minerals and vitamins

I think it's scientificly provable that human system functions somewhat differently at different times of the day. A jump from that to what sadhguru says is really small imo.

Fair enough.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

12 minutes ago, Nilsi said:

Fair enough.

:D

Edited by Salvijus

Yes. Around 3am - 5am is prime time for meditation. Even more prime during a full moon. In spite of the superstition around the moon, it's a thing :). Buddha was born on and awakened during a full moon.