How to be wise

Is 3:40 a special time for meditation?

65 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

If u chose to make statements like that, at least back it up with some arguments. So far it's just name calling without any substance.

I am telling you the absolute truth. But you don't understand it cuz you're not enlightened. Do not doubt or argue with me. Take it as a fact, with open-mindedness, cuz I know more than you.

Go and sit under the moon for 12 days and a half, then come back and maybe you will understand. For the initiated, they need to sit under the sun when it's 15% cloudy for 54 days and 3 hours.

1 hour ago, Salvijus said:

How are u so sure that all of it is bs? I bet u have no argument at all. U just didn't like it. That's your only argument probably lol.

Edited by Gesundheit2

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

@Gesundheit2 oh okey, i see your point now. U think it's too fairy-talish to be true. That's fair enough. But i don't understand what's so fairy talish to say that different times of the day are more condusive for different tasks. It's true for plants, animals, insects. Might as well be true for human beings and meditation. 

When it comes to such matters, it depends how credible is the source of information i guess.

Edited by Salvijus

@Nilsi @Michal__ lol, just how hard it is to understand the argument that at different times of the day the system functions differently and is more condusive for different tasks. It's so simple. How do u even come up with such weird interpretations lol.

Calling chakras and mantras superstitions is just a label without any real back up. How do u know it's all fake? U don't. You're just guessing, im guessing ? 

That wasn't my point at all. The fact that there is an intent behind it makes it work. You could just as well shove your thumb up your butthole and meditate on the sensation in your prostate.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

33 minutes ago, Nilsi said:

That wasn't my point at all. The fact that there is an intent behind it makes it work. You could just as well shove your thumb up your butthole and meditate on the sensation in your prostate.

Yea but you're impling that sadhguru is spreading total bs but it still works. And then u say chakras and mantras are total bs too but it works by the same principle. And i say that's all just name calling without any back up arguments. Truly u don't know if it's bs or not. You're just guessing. Those are just empty statements without any substance.

Edited by Salvijus

@Nilsi @Michal__ lol, just how hard it is to understand the argument that at different times of the day the system functions differently and is more condusive for different tasks. It's so simple. How do u even come up with such weird interpretations lol.

Or maybe I have actually tried mediating at __ time and compared it with simple sleep deprivation - remember how I wrote that I get more insights when sleep deprived? How about comparing it yourself and then arriving to a conclusion.

@Salvijus Chakras are like energetic knots that keep the sense of self intact. Like everything else, they dissolve into nothing.

Apparently.

12 minutes ago, Michal__ said:

Or maybe I have actually tried mediating at __ time and compared it with simple sleep deprivation - remember how I wrote that I get more insights when sleep deprived? How about comparing it yourself and then arriving to a conclusion.

Your theory is valid. But u are using this theory to explain what was sayed in the video when what was actually sayed had nothing in common with your theory. That doesn't mean your theory is not valid tho. 

Edited by Salvijus

7 minutes ago, axiom said:

@Salvijus Chakras are like energetic knots that keep the sense of self intact. Like everything else, they dissolve into nothing.

Even if we go by your definition of what chakras are (my definition is a bit different). U're still admitting that they exist. So... what was the point in writing that?

Edited by Salvijus

51 minutes ago, Nilsi said:

Intent is indeed important, but it doesn't invalidate in any way the difference between times of the day.

What I find fishy about Sadhguru's explanation is that it's very vague spiritual jargon that you could not possibly make any sense of it or utilize it in any sort of meaningful way.

For me personally, I usually experience peak consciousness levels between 5 and 6 AM, depending on the time of year. So that's valid. The reasoning behind it is still in question for me, and Sadhguru didn't give me anything useful to work with. I am speculating that it might have something to do with cortisol levels, since there's a morning spike that happens everyday. This is merely speculation of course, but at least it's scientific. https://www.risescience.com/blog/cortisol-and-sleep

4 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

Intent is indeed important, but it doesn't invalidate in any way the difference between times of the day.

What I find fishy about Sadhguru's explanation is that it's very vague spiritual jargon that you could not possibly make any sense of it or utilize it in any sort of meaningful way.

For me personally, I usually experience peak consciousness levels between 5 and 6 AM, depending on the time of year. So that's valid. The reasoning behind it is still in question for me, and Sadhguru didn't give me anything useful to work with. I am speculating that it might have something to do with cortisol levels, since there's a morning spike that happens everyday. This is merely speculation of course, but at least it's scientific. https://www.risescience.com/blog/cortisol-and-sleep

I mean, it's the same as Jungian Archetypes or Astrology or whatever. If you put your mind to it and really focus on it, I'm sure it will become real for you. You could just as well meditate and get into a peaceful dreamy state of mind at noon or whenever else, if you put your mind to it.

Edited by Nilsi

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

1 minute ago, Nilsi said:

I mean, it's the same as Jungian Archetypes or Astrology or whatever. If you put your mind to it and really focus on it, I'm sure it will become real for you. You could just as well meditate and get into a peaceful dreamy state of mind at noon or whenever else, if you put your mind to it.

Some things are true even if u don't believe at all in them. You're dismissing a lot of spiritual phenomena without any basis.

It could be, I don't know. But for me, it seems spontaneous.

When I am sleeping at that time, I often have vivid dreams, whereas the default mode for me is no dreams. I think that confirms that it is spontaneous.

8 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

Some things are true even if u don't believe at all in them. You're dismissing a lot of spiritual phenomena without any basis.

Dude what are you smoking? I'm not dismissing these things at all. In fact, I love Jung and the whole Archetype spiel, but I'm not so foolish to think that there is any absolute reality to these things.

It's just a question of what you choose to engage with. You could become enlightened by counting sheep in your mind, that doesn't give it any claim to truth though.

Edited by Nilsi

13 minutes ago, Nilsi said:

Dude what are you smoking? I'm not dismissing these things at all. In fact, I love Jung and the whole Archetype spiel, but I'm not so foolish to think that there is any absolute reality to these things.

It's just a question of what you choose to engage with. You could become enlightened by counting sheep in your mind, that doesn't give it any claim to truth though.

And how do u know what things are placebo and what are absolutely true and scientific? U don't. You're just guessing most of the time and labeling things left and right as placebo without any arguments to back it up. That's the point im trying to make. It's so simple and obvious if you're honest to look at it.

Edited by Salvijus

4 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

And how do u know what things are placebo and what are absolutely true and scientific? U don't. You're just guessing most of the time and labeling things as placebo without any arguments to back it up. That's the point im trying to make. It's so simple and obvious if you're honest to look at it.

You're not getting it. There is no such distinction between science and placebo. You are actually the one that is dismissive and colonialistic about your distinctions.

I'm willing to give a reality to science when it makes sense, but not when it comes to some new-agey ideations. Anything goes when it comes to spirituality, so don't be so stuck up.

Edited by Nilsi

You're not getting it. There is no such distinction between science and placebo. 

Lol. You're right. I completely dismiss a statement like that. 

5 minutes ago, Nilsi said:

I'm willing to give a reality to science when it makes sense, but not when it comes to some new-agey ideations. Anything goes when it comes to spirituality, so don't be so stuck up.

That's just your perpective. U don't know how scientific or unscientific spirituallity really is. You're guessing and assuming things that u don't know again. Again. And again.

Edited by Salvijus

3 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

Lol. You're right. I completely dismiss a statement like that. 

You're evoking science while talking about new age beliefs, that's just fucking absurd. There is this distinction between sense and sensibility that you should maybe contemplate.

3 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

That's just your perpective. U don't know how scientific or unscientific spirituallity really is. You're guessing and assuming things that u don't know again. Again. And again.

My conclusions are grounded in sufficient direct experience to give me as much confidence about them as one could possibly have.