How to be wise

Is 3:40 a special time for meditation?

65 posts in this topic

This is what sadhguru claims. Hard to know if this is true or not.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

Seems silly on surface 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

I don't know what time it is for everyone, but for me it's between 5 and 6 AM. My consciousness feels very different at that time. I experience an increased lucidity and expansion of state. I'd first noticed that phenomenon a few years back, but didn't give it much attention. But it's still happening till this day. Though, it does not happen in any other time in the day or night. And I don't know any possible explanations. I will see the video, maybe there's something there.

EDIT: Nope. Bullshit explanation.

Edited by Gesundheit2

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

48 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

EDIT: Nope. Bullshit explanation.

?

Yeah, Sadhguru sometimes says some very strange things. It’s hard to know what’s true and what’s not.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

On 7/31/2022 at 2:12 PM, How to be wise said:

This is what sadhguru claims. Hard to know if this is true or not.

Sadhguru tends to justify certain bullshit superstitions, and masks the idiocy of these superstitions with spiritual jargon. Also remember that he’s been pretty much bought by idiot nationalists in india, so ever since then he’s been spewing more jargon like this to give a hard on to his idiotic stage blue followers. I’m honestly starting to hate listening to sadhguru, you can see right through the man. No wonders he’s become a SADguru ?

@kray u managed to call sadhguru, his parents and his followers dumb brainless losers in one swoop. gg ??very concious take.

Edited by Salvijus

2 hours ago, kray said:

Sadhguru tends to justify certain bullshit superstitions, and masks the idiocy of these superstitions with spiritual jargon.

This is a very common stage Blue/Orange tactic. Muslim preachers (Imams) do that all the time, and nobody dares to question them or call them out, cuz they're the established authority by Allah.

There's a cool Indian movie on this very subject called PK.

Edited by Gesundheit2

This calls into question the credibility of Sadhguru. Can he really be trusted if he is saying things that are obviously nonsense.

Sadhguru probably genuinely believes some of this stuff. 

But what he’s really doing is incorporating just enough of the esoteric into his teachings to keep his followers hooked into believing he knows something they don’t.

Apparently.

@How to be wise what's so obviously nonsencial about it? I don't get it. All he sayed was that human system functions differently at different times of the day. Which is an obvious fact known to everybody and easily provable. Even plants and insects behave different at different times of the day. And second thing he sayed that a particular time is most useful for initiated practitioners because of that reason.

How are u so sure that all of it is bs? I bet u have no argument at all. U just didn't like it. That's your only argument probably lol.

Edited by Salvijus

13 minutes ago, axiom said:

But what he’s really doing is incorporating just enough of the esoteric into his teachings to keep his followers hooked into believing he knows something they don’t.

Yea yea, he's so evil, deceiving people is his highest pleasure, he can't get enough of it. Very smart perspective indeed ?

@Salvijus I note your sarcasm, and by way of one-upmanship I will lay the claim that if Sadhguru had said 3.41am and 33 seconds, he would have had much more credibility on this issue ;)

Apparently.

9 minutes ago, axiom said:

I will lay the claim that if Sadhguru had said 3.41am and 33 seconds, he would have had much more credibility on this issue ;)

That's actually the first decent criticism i heard on this thread so far. I was thinking the same thing that 3.40 in summer is very different then 3.40in winter. And what about all the time changes etc. All this rises many questions. But at the same time im not quick to dismiss it bc there could be some truth to it imo. I just think he wouldn't bother making up lies just to get sick pleasure out of it. Plus his explanation is convincing enough that there could be some truth to it. At least for me.

Edited by Salvijus

@Salvijus Have you genuinely never seen Sadhguru telling tall stories before? I definitely have.

In some interviews he claims his awakening / enlightenment involved sitting motionless in the same position for two weeks, and that this felt like only 15 minutes. He claims that he was there for so long that when he finally came around there was a crowd, and people had adorned his body with flowers and jewels.

In later interviews, presumably once he'd gauged how silly "two weeks" sounded, he changed the story to "four hours". I would not be surprised if later he changes it again.

I'm really not suggesting he's doing any of this to be "evil" as you put it. I think he has a good heart, as does Uri Geller.

Apparently.

@axiom yea i heard his awakening story. it goes a bit different actually. First awakening was for 4hours and the second time it happened it was for 12days or so. He didn't change his story once really. It's always the same. I think u confused something, that's all.

A lot of people don't understand that most of spirituality/religion thrives on the ignorance of stage Blue audience and the naïve open-mindedness of the stage Green one. Without those two, most spiritual/religious teachers would be out of business.

11 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

A lot of people don't understand that most of spirituality/religion thrives on the ignorance of stage Blue audience and the naïve open-mindedness of the stage Green one. Without those two, most spiritual/religious teachers would be out of business.

This seems to imply that sadhguru is a fraud teaching just for money and makes up lies to make his audience bigger. 

If u chose to make statements like that, at least back it up with some arguments. So far it's just name calling without any substance.

Edited by Salvijus

If he has benefited from meditating so early, it might be because when you wake up without a full night of sleep you are usually tired enough to have a pretty still mind but awake enough to meditate for a bit. I do sometimes get better insights if I'm sleep deprived. And the specific time is probably just magical thinking.

Seems to me like he is giving his people some kind of intent to focus on. It's not more superstitious than saying some mantra or focusing on chakras or whatever. It's kind of deceptive but so are all spiritual teachings in a certain sense so I wouldn't single this one out.

Edited by Nilsi

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

@Nilsi @Michal__ lol, just how hard it is to understand the argument that at different times of the day the system functions differently and is more condusive for different tasks. It's so simple. How do u even come up with such weird interpretations lol.

Calling chakras and mantras superstitions is just a label without any real back up. How do u know it's all fake? U don't. You're just guessing, im guessing ? 

Edited by Salvijus