Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MarkKol

Who do you think is the next likely president of US

11 posts in this topic

From how much I've seen the situation in US has improved policy and stability wise after Biden got elected, I don't think Trump has a chance of winning again (thank God) but these Republicans man, I'm afraid they're gonna fuck shit up especially DeSantis, and yet here I am... born and raised in Europe :D

Hopefully all the rich people use their bucks to swing the pendulum away from the Republican party (if they can actually do that), but it's not looking so good with idiots such as Musk voting and encouraging it, and I feel like these mainstream cu*** influence younger generations a lot... apparently YouTube's audience is mostly male, Joe rogan and musk say collage is useless and suddenly the number of men going to collage plummets.

Edited by MarkKol

2 hours ago, MarkKol said:

From how much I've seen the situation in US has improved policy and stability wise after Biden got elected, I don't think Trump has a chance of winning again (thank God)

Respectfully, how has the situation improved? I'm genuinely curious what European media is showing, because from here in Canada the Biden administration looks like a steadily worsening disaster. (Although admittedly I'm right-wing biased.)

From my perspective the economy is way worse, Afghanistan withdrawal was screwed up by trying to extend it, adversarial countries like Russia no longer fear the US and act with impunity, Biden has gone back on his word on pretty much everything, including he's now adding to the border wall. Kamala is the "border czar" and has yet to actually visit the southern border since taking office. Biden's approval rating is lower than any modern president and keeps going lower. Everybody is now seeing that the Democrats do just as bad or worse than Trump and are getting completely disillusioned. If you're a minority or vulnerable group, maybe the Biden administration has helped you or at least temporarily prevented your rights from being eroded. But for majority of people have been hurt more than they've been helped on all the broad issues.

I'd bet that the next president will be Republican and will win the popular vote by a significant amount. Too early to say if it'll be Trump or not. Have to wait and see if he announces he's running again, which if he's smart he'll wait until after the midterms to do.

1 hour ago, Yarco said:

Respectfully, how has the situation improved? I'm genuinely curious what European media is showing,

Lmao, honestly... 2 types of news in Europe that I've been exposed to 

1. Apparently Biden is reversing everything Trump did over he's long 4 years 

2. Immigrant approval ratings are way higher 

O and I'm not trying to present any arguments or start a debate, I'm just trying to hear about your opinions of the next president

Edited by MarkKol

8 hours ago, MarkKol said:

Lmao, honestly... 2 types of news in Europe that I've been exposed to 

2. Immigrant approval ratings are way higher 

O and I'm not trying to present any arguments or start a debate, I'm just trying to hear about your opinions of the next president

Correct on both counts!  He's been trying to undo the damage to democracy Trump has done.  The damage Trump/MAGA/right wing has done to the psyche of the average American person is a completely other matter lol.  Who knows how that will be fixed.  

As for the next President I am not really sure.  Many things can happen in 2 years (look at 2019-2022, almost a completely different world).  Trump hasn't said he's running although he is rallying like he's insinuating he is.  DeSantis is another flavor of Trump that people are speculating will run.

Biden is getting quite old and obviously at the moment he is focused on getting this country back on track, so who will run as a Democrat is still up in the air.  Maybe Kamala but I doubt it.  I doubt Hillary will either.  

On 7/31/2022 at 0:32 AM, MarkKol said:

From how much I've seen the situation in US has improved policy and stability wise after Biden got elected, I don't think Trump has a chance of winning again (thank God) but these Republicans man, I'm afraid they're gonna fuck shit up especially DeSantis, and yet here I am... born and raised in Europe :D

Hopefully all the rich people use their bucks to swing the pendulum away from the Republican party (if they can actually do that), but it's not looking so good with idiots such as Musk voting and encouraging it, and I feel like these mainstream cu*** influence younger generations a lot... apparently YouTube's audience is mostly male, Joe rogan and musk say collage is useless and suddenly the number of men going to collage plummets.

Trump is already ahead of Biden in hypothetical match up polls and Biden’s approval dropped below Trumps at his worst. That can change but there is a pretty good chance Trump wins again if it is trump v Biden in 2024.

Men going to college was already declining significantly, it wasn’t Rogan or Musk who caused it.

There is a huge amount of resentment towards the wealthy now, them all backing democrats can actually hurt their image.

Edited by Raze

17 hours ago, MarkKol said:

business as usual

I'd like to see a Desantis/Noem ticket.  Democrat policies are not working in America. The covid pandemic policies drove massive supply chain disruptions and inflation. Giving out free stuff to everyone simply doesn't work. Going soft on crime because of this perception that blacks are discriminated against by law enforcement simply doesn't work. Crime is exploding in major cities.  It just seems like society these days rewards irresponsible behavior... bail out everyone for everything.  We are animals that evolved over a couple of million years and still need carrot and stick sort of pavlonian conditioning to get us to thrive as a species. We need to teach people to fish, not give them fish.

Democrats operate too much on what makes them feel good in the moment and don't think about how things actually work or what affect their policies will have in 10 years. I'm no huge fan of the republicans either. We really need third parties and governments not controlled by small groups of wealthy people. Power needs to be divided. Less "career politicians" who's primary goal is to raise money. Abolish quantitative easing and the government to be able to print unlimited money out of thin air. The more checks and balances the better. I'm very much anti-authoritarian, which means I oppose power and wealth getting too concentrated, whether the system of government is capitalist or communist doesn't matter, the problem is concentration of authority into small groups of people who want to impose their will on others, or masses of sheep that get assimilated into their cult political parties and insist on trying to force feed their dogma to everyone else.

Some of us just want to live and let live, and be left alone. You do as you wish, I do as I wish. I look at human behavior and evolution and it's all so predictable it's quite amusing. Herd mentality at it's finest. There's a reason most people are turned off by politics.

Edited by sholomar

@Arcangelo

On 8/1/2022 at 5:31 AM, Arcangelo said:

Trump

On 8/1/2022 at 5:52 AM, Arcangelo said:

business as usual

Likely to happen, or someone similar to him, as long as they can talk and walk their walk.

Otherwise, I'm taking over America as their  new over loard.

Or Kanye West, if he's still up for it.

At this point, we have to disagree to agree that A.I will eventually be the new ruling system. Just make sure to give it plenty of R.E.M, and and balancing components so it doesn't fall.