MKC

Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh aka Osho

4 posts in this topic

A few months ago I watched 'Wild Wild Country' on Netflix just to see what the hype was about, and holy sh*t was I impressed. 9/10 would definitely recommend watching. The best part is that it doesn't reach to a definitive conclusion as to who was in the wrong (although I would say it was biased against Osho & the Rajneeshis) and instead leaves it upto the viewer to decide who wronged who. 
Venturing out to find the truth for myself, I got deep into Osho and his teachings over the past few months. Read his books, listened to his discourses, watched the free YouTube videos on the Osho International channel, and to say my mind was blown would be an understatement. This guy was waaaaaaaaaay ahead of his time and the collective level of consciousness humanity was existing at that point of time.

I wanted to ask you @Leo Gura what do you think about Osho & his teachings? Do you really think he was just a conman who started a drug fueled cult to exploit the westerners and hippies who were in search for 'enlightenment' during the rise of the human potential movement? Or do you believe that he genuinely was on a mission to awaken every being and raise the consciousness of humanity and acted out of love and good intentions? Have you followed any of his philosophy/Do you personally recommend any of his teachings? Curious about your input.

the guy was a revolutionary of mental freedom. his speech is a cry of rupture against the confinement imposed by human gregariousness, the collective ego. he was very intelligent, but I think he was not a true mystic. His whole focus is on the social, on freeing the individual, but then the individual must free himself, and I don't think Osho did that. at the end of the documentary he is seen as an exhausted, enraged, fragile and unbalanced guy

There is another documentary about Sheela, have you watched that one yet?

Osho’s speech affectations (the way he unnaturally extends words) is such a caricature that I find it hard to take him seriously. He’s always reminded me slightly of James Hydrick.

https://youtu.be/SyPb-d2g7-w

Apparently.