Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
at_anchor

Rebirth

16 posts in this topic

I'm really struggling with this idea of reincarnation. God is an infinite and intelligent dream. It can create whatever it wants out of thin air so it wouldn't be hard for him to make the exact same copy of us in the future as well. But why? And what exactly gets reincarnated? If we are all one and if the only thing different about us is our experience, what is it that gets reborn? Do you know who you are to say that you exist and can get reborn or do you only imagine to know yourself? Because if you are imagining yourself, then what is the self but an illussion? If you have any real proof on reincarnation, post it here. I would like to find out all about it, because that's a radical claim. From my point of view, individual human beings have maximum of around hundred years to live. 

You are exactly correct. Past lives and next lives are imaginary.  They are just beliefs .and reincarnation is a Hindu belief but its popular in the new age community and western spiritual communities because they think every idea that comes from ancient Eastern wisdom must be correct. But that's  not the case . Past and future are imaginary. Only consciousness/present/direct experience is real.

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

3 hours ago, Someone here said:

You are exactly correct. Past lives and next lives are imaginary.  They are just beliefs .and reincarnation is a Hindu belief but its popular in the new age community and western spiritual communities because they think every idea that comes from ancient Eastern wisdom must be correct. But that's  not the case . Past and future are imaginary. Only consciousness/present/direct experience is real.

All of creation is imagination. Reality= Imagination you aren't getting it. Reincarnation is just as valid right now as you typing on this screen. Distinctions are imaginary, yet your experiencing it. You really do not understand and are getting lost. Is it hot in your room? That is imagination. Is it dark in your room ? That is imaginatary. Reality is imagination. So saying reincarnation is imagining is akin to saying reincarnation is real. 

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

16 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

All of creation is imagination. Reality= Imagination you aren't getting it. Reincarnation is just as valid right now as you typing on this screen. Distinctions are imaginary, yet your experiencing it. You really do not understand and are getting lost. Is it hot in your room? That is imagination. Is it dark in your room ? That is imaginatary. Reality is imagination. So saying reincarnation is imagining is akin to saying reincarnation is real. 

In what sense do you mean that reality =imagination? 

Why can't you unimagine the walls of your house and bust through it ? 

What are the limits of imagination? 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Watch, if you jump right now, in the next moment you will be in the air and the next you will be falling back down. There is actually nothing to you except this exact moment and whatever the content of that moment is.

Just imagine that you literally have no ability to form ANY memory whatsoever. And what that would be like. Where would there be any sense of continuation? Just a series of constantly coming into being and then immediately vanishing into the next moment of being.

That is what karma and rebirth means. It's about how each moment relates to each other.

Human imagination is a weak form of God imagination like human love is weak form of God level of love. If your awareness becomes infinite you can imagine whatever you want an it would instantly appear. The only reason you cannot right now is because your awareness is currently finite.

So if you are seeing any visuals, experiencing any feelings that is imagination. Imagination is just hearing, seeing, touching, tasting, and feeling. As long as you have any of this you are in God's imagination. When there is no imagination there is nothing. 

No you, no memory, just completely nothing. But then the question would be...what is imagination made of? Answer is nothing. So Imagination and lack of Imagination are the same because its nothing. So the Ultimate Truth is God is infinite awareness, made of nothing, that is Infinitely Aware and Infinitely Intelligent, Good, Love and Wise. 

That's it. But reincarnation is real, if it wasn't.....what would be here? Its just reincarnation is imaginary, evolution imaginary, any thing you can think of is all imaginary. You me and everyone on this forum are all imaginary.

Only God is not imaginary, but God is a formless awareness that is nothing. God literally created itself...out of nothing. God created all of existence out of nothing. 

The End.

Edited by Razard86

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

Reality = optical illusions = tricks of sight = imagination = hallucinatory appearances = sense obects

They come from nowhere.

Beings are engrossed in sense objects, they hold to I and mine and thus turns constantly in SAMSARA, they are like children, who lose themselves in their games.

- LONGCHENPA

Why are the eastern ideas of reincarnation more true than western ideas of heaven and hell? Where did these ideas even come from?

4 hours ago, at_anchor said:

Why are the eastern ideas of reincarnation more true than western ideas of heaven and hell? Where did these ideas even come from?

Heaven/hell, samsara/nirvana are all produced by the mind, they are also appearances. What I've been learning from the best teachings is to observe dualities from a state of non dual eveness, utter freedom and transparent openess. If you do not cling to concepts and events, death and rebirth will start to seem meaningless. The ground of "reality" is rootless, so do not cling to it, to a judgement of cause and effect.

8 hours ago, Fernanda said:

If you do not cling to concepts and events, death and rebirth will start to seem meaningless. The ground of "reality" is rootless, so do not cling to it, to a judgement of cause and effect.

I'm asking this from a materialistic point of view, cause it would be nice to have something to look forward to after death. Then I guess I am just a concept and event, that's true, but it feels kind of scary and I'm not at a level of consciousness that allows me to experience oneness, although the idea that I'm a concept and event is awesome. But hard to swallow, gonna need more time for that. 

God will go through infinite dreams, each of them infinitely many times.

God is outside of time and will dream forever. If it only dreamed a specific dream only once, it would not be infinite. 

You have to realize that no matter what form is experiencing any dream at all, it is always you, because you are God.

To talk about this kind of reincarnation is to wrongly identify with a temporary form you have taken, instead of your true formless nature. Though, even then, there will be an identical dream as this one dreamed infinitely many times, and it would not feel any different from it happening for the first time.

I am Physically Immortal

I am also more than God :)

@amanen yeap. God damn infinity is terrifying. When you actually experience it for the first time in "your" life.

9 minutes ago, Godishere said:

@amanen yeap. God damn infinity is terrifying. When you actually experience it for the first time in "your" life.

It is both terrifying and ecstatic. The scale and magnitude of infinity is just so insane. To become aware of just how eternal every moment is indeed very shocking. Then there are infinitely many other realities on top of each moment being eternal.... nothing compares to infinity

I am Physically Immortal

I am also more than God :)

1 hour ago, at_anchor said:

it would be nice to have something to look forward to after death

Here is the trap. Try to realize the trap of looking forward to after death. Realizing this trap and going deeper you will see the whole. The answer is in you question.

On 7/29/2022 at 9:29 PM, Razard86 said:

That's exactly right. It's just that it's hard to believe when you believed in heaven and hell for some time before realizing it might just be imaginary imaginary. Like when you imagine that there is no gravity or that there is something that doesn't exist.

On 7/31/2022 at 9:40 PM, amanen said:

there will be an identical dream as this one dreamed infinitely many times, and it would not feel any different from it happening for the first time.

On 7/30/2022 at 0:49 AM, Razard86 said:

reincarnation is real, if it wasn't.....what would be here?

New beings. Or it is just one being that goes through different experiences. 

On 7/31/2022 at 10:53 PM, Fernanda said:

Try to realize the trap of looking forward to after death.

The trap might be just that I would be eagerly waiting for something that would never come, but look on the bright side. If I believed in that, like Jesus did, I would be able to put up with insane amounts of suffering inflicted on me.

On 02/08/2022 at 2:23 AM, at_anchor said:

I would be able to put up with insane amounts of suffering inflicted on me.

True, but you are already able to do that. Is it necessary, though?