EternalForest

Props to Leo for shouting out great art

21 posts in this topic

Between the Simpsons, Carnivale, New Radicals, classic Playstation games and Russian music being posted on the blog lately, I'm so glad that Leo is giving a shout to great pieces of creativity in the world.

Far too often, watching Netflix or playing video games is seen as a negative activity or a waste of time in self-actualization, and I'm glad that Leo is going against the grain and showing us these things for what they truly are: some of the best tools for self actualization out there, when used properly.

Looking forward to more recommendations in the future, and the new direction of Actualized.org.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, EternalForest said:

Far too often, watching Netflix or playing video games is seen as a negative activity or a waste of time in self-actualization, and I'm glad that Leo is going against the grain and showing us these things for what they truly are: some of the best tools for self actualization out there, when used properly.

You might as well shove your thumb up your butthole and call it a tool for self-actualization. I'm not here to be snobbish, and if that's what tickles Leo's fancy that's totally cool, but I don't see any value in this at all. You are just cheerleading whatever the fuck your guru does. I doubt that this is in service of your self-actualization.


"We all must be, and can only be, a light unto ourselves."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Nilsi

a) Don't assume things about people that you do not know. If you look at my post history I am very critical of Leo and the direction Actualized.org has taken since 2020. I'm also barely active here. But I saw Leo's recent video about new changes in Actualized.org to be a step in the right direction.

b) In the past, Leo has always called television a waste of time and used the "jack off and play video games" analogy to describe the foolish path of life. I feel like this new attitude towards media is more healthy. Another step in the right direction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@EternalForest I agree. Art, music, Video games for me gave me deep insights into creation of God. 

You must apprechiate the beauty and Intelligence and mystic behind it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not supposed to directly actualize you, it's some inspiration for the journey.

Don't be so busy "actualizing" and meditating that you overlook the beauty of God all around you.

I can find more beauty in one porno than most of you guys will find in 5 years of meditation. Which shows you the sad state of your situation.

You don't have to love what I love. But I hope you have things you love.


You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Don't be so busy "actualizing" and meditating that you overlook the beauty of God all around you.

This is worth a video topic alone.

Can you reference some existing vids that touch on this? I find it a very nuanced point in the journey that’s worth a deeper look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Don't be so busy "actualizing" and meditating that you overlook the beauty of God all around you.

I recently started to appreciate how right this statement is.


Love, Strength and Intelligence is the real Holy Trinity 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It's not supposed to directly actualize you, it's some inspiration for the journey.

Don't be so busy "actualizing" and meditating that you overlook the beauty of God all around you.

I can find more beauty in one porno than most of you guys will find in 5 years of meditation. Which shows you the sad state of your situation.

You don't have to love what I love. But I hope you have things you love.

39 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

 

I totally get that and I'm truly happy for you. I like to put things into perspective though for those who see this as a free pass to dick around. I like the back and forth between self-actualization work and enjoying myself and I don't think you truly ever transcend self-actualization, but that may just be me :)


"We all must be, and can only be, a light unto ourselves."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, EternalForest said:

Between the Simpsons, Carnivale, New Radicals, classic Playstation games and Russian music being posted on the blog lately, I'm so glad that Leo is giving a shout to great pieces of creativity in the world.

Far too often, watching Netflix or playing video games is seen as a negative activity or a waste of time in self-actualization, and I'm glad that Leo is going against the grain and showing us these things for what they truly are: some of the best tools for self actualization out there, when used properly.

Looking forward to more recommendations in the future, and the new direction of Actualized.org.

I've been having some very similar thoughts recently.

I don't want much Netflix or movies etc, and don't recommend heavy binges of course, yet at the same time I know it's a pure expression of people's creativity. It's people's life work, people's creative gift to the world. From set designers, to concept artists, to the camera crew, etc etc. And you're right, we often talk about Netflix in such a derogatory way, as though its some toxic shit that you should stay away from. Such absurdity. 

 


"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It's not supposed to directly actualize you, it's some inspiration for the journey.

Don't be so busy "actualizing" and meditating that you overlook the beauty of God all around you.

I can find more beauty in one porno than most of you guys will find in 5 years of meditation. Which shows you the sad state of your situation.

You don't have to love what I love. But I hope you have things you love.

But Leo can you answer the paradox: is God so selfless it randomly permutates through every possibility (your earlier videos) or it is selfless and that you/I are the anomoly to help God decide the best experience etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I can find more beauty in one porno than most of you guys will find in 5 years of meditation.

Link plz O.o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@spiritual memes

Facepalm ... It wasn't about that film being relatively awesome, but that he could appreciate it more than you.


Who told you that "others" are real?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok nobody talks about this but I fricking love the colors and patterns I see when I'm on mushrooms.. wtf some of those patterns are so beautiful I can just be in awe with that the whole time. 


Truth is love. Truth is beauty. Every frame is a painting. ❣ Nothing but love.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, puporing said:

Ok nobody talks about this but I fricking love the colors and patterns I see when I'm on mushrooms.. wtf some of those patterns are so beautiful I can just be in awe with that the whole time. 

Yes, mushrooms are very beautiful visually! Mind-blowing stuff.

 

 

 

 

Edited by Asayake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Asayake said:

Yes, mushrooms are very beautiful visually! Mind-blowing stuff.

:D:D


Truth is love. Truth is beauty. Every frame is a painting. ❣ Nothing but love.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@puporing I'm jealous. Excluding dmt, no psychedelic has ever given me many noticeable visuals even at heroic dosages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

15 hours ago, Adodd said:

@puporing I'm jealous. Excluding dmt, no psychedelic has ever given me many noticeable visuals even at heroic dosages.

You could always just try imagining it :D Focus your attention on like your skin or a wall, try to imagine a pattern, it should start to pop up ;). Coz you can imagine anything really haha.

Edited by puporing

Truth is love. Truth is beauty. Every frame is a painting. ❣ Nothing but love.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Learning how to appreciate beauty & creativity has changed my life.

I used to could only do things that I labeled as “productive” and would feel guilt any time I left those sorts of activities.

Now I take the time to paint, watch movies, go to museums, watch cool YouTube videos without feelings of shame around them.

In fact creative activities like dancing and day dreaming in my hammock give me great joy/pleasure even if they’re not “productive” in the traditional sense. 


The game of survival cannot be won. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now