Someone here

Leo's blog post about immortality

82 posts in this topic

From Leo's blog :https://www.actualized.org/insights/absolute-presence-immortality

"Imagine becoming so absolutely present in your consciousness that you could not die because you are too present for a past or future to enter your mind. No birth. No death. Just absolute consciousness.

If you could achieve such a level of presence, you would literally become immortal.

What if death was nothing other than the story in your mind that "I will die"? How would you know the difference between "real death" and your story of it? What if that difference is itself a story?

What would happen if you never again had the thought that you were born and never again had the thought that you will die?

"But Leo! If I do that, then I'll die!"

Will you?

Is this just philosophy, or is this actually possible?  ".

I realized a possible explanation for this ..if all you have is the present moment..and the future is something you are imagining by definition..and since death exists only in the future..therefore death is imaginary.  You can indeed see people die in your life.  But everyone can die except you. 

This realization requires insane degrees of open-mindedness and cosmic skepticism. Or otherwise it won't make much sense .

The universe might end this very second..that's a fact.  You can't prove that everything won't just disappear.. boom gone this very second. No you can't.  You want to believe it can't. But it most certainly can.

What the fuck is holding everything together anyways?..

In fact, The universe might suddenly disappear completely in a blink of an eye for no reason at all. Reality is an illusion .solidity is a dream.

This means that the only certain thing in existence is what's happening right fucking NOW.!. The past and the future are completely imaginary and unreal . Don't underestimate the power of this fact .you think you've got it but you don't.  When you get it you will be left speechless in awe .

When you fully  understand this you might want to consider to let go of a lot of bullshit that you believe. 

Thanks @Leo Gura for opening my mind to such possibilities.

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

5 hours ago, Someone here said:

Is this just philosophy, or is this actually possible? 

Just philosophy.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

@Gesundheit2 why are you always disagreeing with Leo?  Do you think that makes you appear smart or cool ? I'm asking because it's hard to take you seriously when all you do in this forum is disagreeing with Leo about everything in his teachings. Then why are you on his forum if you think he Is full of shit ?

And btw..no its not mere philosophy or word play . I've explained clearly that the future is something you are imagining. all you have is the present. Which might disappear instantly for no reason at all because there is nothing that makes it glued at all. The future has zero actuality .and since death is defined as a bad event that will happen to you in the future..then death is imaginary too and you are immortal so long as you are still alive . I find it difficult or impossible to present an argument against what has been said here .but go ahead and explain yourself if you have valid reasons for disagreement and not just disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing. 

-Osho

Linear time only exists in appearances. There isn't actually a past and a futur. Like how a movie progresses even though the screen is absolutely and completely static.

We can have an idea of linear time and measure linear time in the appearances. But it isn't actually there. That is very DMT trip, when it's not entities but just shifting shapes.

42 minutes ago, RMQualtrough said:

Linear time only exists in appearances. There isn't actually a past and a futur. Like how a movie progresses even though the screen is absolutely and completely static.

We can have an idea of linear time and measure linear time in the appearances. But it isn't actually there. That is very DMT trip, when it's not entities but just shifting shapes.

Yup . time is controversial. It feels real, always there, inexorably moving forward. Time has flow, runs like a river. Time has direction, always advances. Time has order, one thing after another. Time has duration, a quantifiable period between events. Time has a privileged present, only now is real. Time seems to be the universal background through which all events proceed, such that order can be sequenced and durations measured.

The question is whether these features are actual realities of the physical world or artificial constructs of human mentality. Time may not be what time seems . this smooth unity without parts, the ever-existing stage on which all happenings happen.

-Osho

15 minutes ago, Karas said:

@Someone hereSo you got it and were  left speechless in awe ?

Oh yeah 

-Osho

Life and death are both illusory because the individual within the body that claims "I am here" and "I am alive", is an illusion of self! ? 

❤ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

5 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

Life and death are both illusory because the individual within the body that claims "I am here" and "I am alive", is an illusion of self! ? 

❤ 

Religions have called death the only truth and afterlife as the gift (or curse) that we get depending on our conduct on this planet. But I don't believe in this nonsense.  Death is an illusion but not because the individual is an illusion (I somewhat agree with this claim )  but because death is in the future. And the future is at best a belief.

no one really knows what lies ahead. However, one  American medical doctor and scientist, Robert Lanza, in his book, Biocentrism, states that death could actually be a door to an endless number of universes.

He firmly believes in the many-worlds theory and states that death doesn’t exist in these scenarios since all of these possibilities are taking place at the same time and the only reason we feel ‘alive’ is because of the energy operating in our brains. 

According to him, it’s just the energy and as per the laws of physics, energy can neither be created or destroyed, it just shifts from one state to another. When we die, there’s a break in our linear connection of times and space . And then we continue to exist through other people. 

Until you realize that everything is you..and everyone is you ..then you are not fully awake. 

I know you have made up your mind about what awakening really means (the realization that there is no separate self /aka non-duality).  But I  think you are limiting yourself to a great degree when you just narrow it down to this one little aspect .there are many aspects of awakening that you have yet to awaken to .but no worries I will not try to force my worldview on you .to each his own.?

-Osho

7 minutes ago, Someone here said:

it’s just the energy and as per the laws of physics, energy can neither be created or destroyed, it just shifts from one state to another. When we die, there’s a break in our linear connection of times and space . And then we continue to exist through other people. 

Until you realize that everything is you..and everyone is you ..then you are not fully awake. 

❤ 

I get what you're saying.... what's being pointed to is the end of the individual that believes all there is, is energy and that this energy somehow equates to a "you".

No one wakes up because awakening is the clear revelation that the individual that believes it could one day in the future awaken is completely unreal!

"nobody becomes enlightened"

- nobody

❤ 

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@VeganAwake whatever floats your boat. 

-Osho

29 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

❤ 

It is an illusion. But love yourself to death, despite it being an illusion. It's all you have. :)

6 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

No one wakes up because awakening is the clear revelation that the individual that believes it could one day in the future awaken is completely unreal!

"nobody becomes enlightened"

- nobody

❤ 

There is somebody who can awaken. And it can only be you. 

5 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@VeganAwake whatever floats your boat. 

Down here we all float ? ? ? 

Jk

❤ 

3 minutes ago, jimwell said:

It is an illusion. But love yourself to death, despite it being an illusion. It's all you have. :)

There is somebody who can awaken. And it can only be you. 

I'm talking about the end of those beliefs! 

It's unknowing.

❤ 

22 minutes ago, Karas said:

This is confusing

What exactly do you find confusing? 

-Osho

30 minutes ago, Karas said:

This is confusing

It's very simple.   You are God imagining you are a human.  When I say God I mean Infinite Consciousness.  What you are is Infinite Consciousness.  Now what Leo fails to explain is that you are imagining this universe right now at a much higher level of imagination.  But if your level of consciousness was to get high enough you could unimagine the physical body.  In order to ensure the dream is real you have cut off access to these higher levels. Otherwise you would have Infinite power and could unimagine everything including the idea of you which is your ego.  But with enlightenment you access this higher level and come back while keeping the dream intact for you to come back to Including your physical body. 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.