Eddie A

Psychedelics after schizophrenia

12 posts in this topic

Just wanted any information or personal experience with these two subjects in the title (psychedelics & schizophrenia) . I know its not a good idea to mix both .

I just have a strong desire to use again (psychedelics) , but not abuse them . Im a firm believer that with self actualization you should be able to handle psychedelics , with enough results and honesty of where you are at before you use Them .

It makes more sense that you should be able to fix the problem I mentioned above , than never using a substance ever again.

@P Michael It’s mostly delusional, and very very rarely hear someones voice in my head that is not me . And the voice thing is mostly when im on a substance 

An example of the delusions would be something like . Someone i know is trying to hurt me from an alternate dimension

When im not psychotic, i function fairly normal is society , but when i go psychotic i have to be interned into a psych center.

Seeing what i just typed makes me think . I might not be able to enjoy psychedelics again. But i still mostly think , that it makes sense that I should be able to work my way out of this .

I dont understand whats the Problem with schizophrenia and psychedelics? 

I think schizophreniac people can handle psychedelic experience very well because it is what they experience on normal day. Just for those who cannot handle normal day because of this mental condition, psychedelica are not good

8 hours ago, Eddie A said:

Just wanted any information or personal experience with these two subjects in the title (psychedelics & schizophrenia) . I know its not a good idea to mix both .

I just have a strong desire to use again (psychedelics) , but not abuse them . Im a firm believer that with self actualization you should be able to handle psychedelics , with enough results and honesty of where you are at before you use Them .

It makes more sense that you should be able to fix the problem I mentioned above , than never using a substance ever again.

Well regardless of what you believe, you are taking a risk here.

So it's up to you to decide whether or not that risk is going to be worth it.

The drugs could help you a lot, or they could make you worse, and your blind belief that you should be able to just overcome it is potentially dangerous.

If you have a history of serious mental health issues, be very careful. I'm not telling you not to take them or to take them bro.

Just be careful. You don't know fully what these drugs could do to you. 

13 hours ago, OBEler said:

I think schizophreniac people can handle psychedelic experience very well because it is what they experience on normal day.

Wrong. We need to stop perpetuating this myth that schizophrenia is somehow equal to mysticism or psychedelics.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Psychedelics might trigger a psychotic break in pre-disposed individuals, so I would discourage you from doing that.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

3 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Psychedelics might trigger a psychotic break in pre-disposed individuals, so I would discourage you from doing that.

Loud and clear, helps a lot talking about this subject for me . Helps me see the blind spots, and now i see so many reasons why I should not go back into it. All the replies helped .

Edited by Eddie A
Trying to be more clear

I'm not schizophrenic but i have experienced psychosis on mushrooms a couple of times. I don't even have to take a high does so I typically stay away from them.

On the other hand, LSD is safe for me. I take 1.2 grams of mush, and 250ug of LSD.

Psychedelics, IMO, do a lot of good. But, they are not necessary if you are truly inquiring into who you are through meditation and contemplation. In fact, you will have the same insights, but psychedelics delivers these insights a little more efficiently and profoundly in my opinion.

Overtime, though, you become less attached to insights and become more focused on living a rich and meaningful life despite the. challenges you encounter.

Insights are cool but hey key is in the integration. That's the hard part.

On 7/28/2022 at 6:07 PM, Eddie A said:

Self-actualization doesn't turn your into a rockstar where you're no longer impervious to the challenges you once faced. You need to get that out of your head. In fact, start with the assumption that nothing changes, but trust that life will shape you into the person you want to become. You have no control over this process other than to make good decisions and make sure you don't from life's challenges. Easier said than done.

Our instinct is to want tru to change or become a more "spiritual" version of ourselves. This is ego., but a lot more complex topic than I care to go into right now.

Edited by mrPixel

Yeah no I take everything back psychosis or any mental health issues , should never be mixed with psychedelics . IMO now 

Unless your condition magically disappears mostly with medication like mine does I would never mix it.  My condition only started after smoking weed (a type of psychedelic in its own right) a few times.  I wouldn’t wish what I went through in psychosis on my worst enemy.

???????

No. That's not good for you. Try avoiding that. 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson