Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Godishere

Anxiety and consciousness

10 posts in this topic

What is the correlation between these two? I've often heard here that anxiety/fear is just a distorted version of Love.

Why after so many awakenings do I feel so much anxiety around people? Like why would I do this to myself? 

Does anyone relate? It's probably the reason I, and most got into spirituality in the first place right? To end suffering. I feel fragile, shame, and sensitive when I'm around others and struggle to be my authentic self. People can get under my skin very easily. Does everyone struggle with this? Do I need to awaken deeper? Meditate more? Accept that I'm just wired this way? 

It's gotten to the point where I just want to awaken and be done with it. Is this God's way of waking myself up?

Edited by Godishere

I've struggled with this as well. Here are some pointers, which help me tremendously.

1. Have more and deeper contact with peeps. You might have noticed, that your social anxiety would go away if you "warmed up" with people in a emotion-evoking environment, like: Festivals, boulder sites, cliff jumping, traveling, working a demanding job. Meta perspective: everything outside of your/their conformt zone will glue you and "other" together. 

2. Treat them with a mindset like: "how can I give this person the most love possible in this moment". For me this usually means to introspect, what answer or reaction feels most authentic to me. Because anything other than "most authentic" would not be as valuable as they deserve it from me/you (hint: you are God, so you have the ultimate responsibility to be true and authentic ;) )

For example, when writing this post, I introspect as often as possible, if what is being written feels really true and authentic to me. Because anything other would not be as valuable. I would feel not really true and loving to you. This approach can also mean that you sometimes don't react and keep your sovereign peace. Whatever feels right in this moment is what is right. 

3. If social anxiety hits super hard, focus on your bodily feelings. Have a sharp connection to the feelings in your hands, feet, face and everything else. If you practice this enough, you will see how every social fear is just hot, dense "thought-air" and is completely avoidable, if you stay present in your body. 

Wish you the best fam ;)

Edited by Vynce

These are patterns that are wired into your nervous system. They are stuck there until you release them. Analysing and conceptualizing the issue is rarely productive if you care about solving this. To some extent, you need to conceptualize to attune to the right solution so it makes sense in your mind. When you get certain about that solution, there is nothing else you can do other than to walk that path which is your solution.

If this is a chronic thing, and if it's deeply rooted into your being, then you have to understand that it will take a significant amount of time and commitment to solve this. There is no little 'mindset hack' or 5-step process that will instantly release you. 

You need to surrender to tension. That's the raw truth. Tension is everything that you resist emotionally. And you resist so much. Simply walk around the street and imagine yourself doing all kinds of things. Even little things. Imagine asking someone 'what is your favorite color?' or 'Can I take a picture of your feet?'. Play around with your imagination and feel how contracted you are in relation to the outside world. 

Your spiritual path has to come down from your mind into your body and physical world. An interactive process with the outside world where you can learn to release all that resistance you have inside yourself. 

Once you become conscious about your contraction and you see and feel it clearly, now you have to commit to step onto those experiences until you become free. Until you release all your attachments and identifications. Get to a point where you have no resistance anymore. Where you can look anyone in the eye without worry. Where you can say all the things you want without any hesitation. The world can become your playground where it's only games for you. Pure beauty. And there is no limit to the experiences you can have. 

Shame and fear are there for you to transcend them and to pass the lessons you learned to others who are on the same path.

Take a year off from any obligations, and surrender to this path. Your level of commitment will determine your success. Go outside all day and step into all those experiences where you feel those painful emotions and process them. Do it gradually and progressively so your nervous system can process. 

Do it daily for at least a year. Start with small tension and go through those experiences thousands of times until there is no anxiety anymore. Don't do too high level of tension at first because your nervous system can't handle that. Small things done on a consistent basis will lead to massive amounts of growth you can't imagine. So have patience and commit. 

I started asking directions or the time and I done that months before I did anything else. 

For people like you, most of your spiritual path is done outside, in front of other people. Not inside in thinking. Thinking will never solve this. That's just avoidance and confusion. 

If you are not sure what to do after reading this, just start a 3 month commitment where you ask 100 strangers for the time. And if that's too easy, then wish them a great day. 

7 hours ago, Godishere said:

Why after so many awakenings do I feel so much anxiety around people? Like why would I do this to myself?

Could be that there's some unresolved trauma from a past social situation that's triggered when you're around people, and that's causing you to feel threatened because you fear the same sort of thing happening again, which could lead to a repeat of the trauma and the rearising of all the associated feelings (shame, embarrassment, humiliation, etc.). 

It's never any fun being triggered, obviously, and I feel for you, but these sorts of situations can be very helpful if you can manage to stay present - particularly in your body, noticing where you feel tense and closed down and allowing those areas to relax and breathe.

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

@Godishere one thing is to be open, to realize the absolute, and another is to be able to act efficiently. 

You have to learn to listen to your inner voice. there are people who must be separated from you. you have to be able to separate yourself mentally, and maybe physically, from some people, and get closer to others. You don't have to be able to feel comfortable with everyone, but rather open yourself up to those with you feel openness in their presence and put up a wall with which the energy that flows is negative. maybe you can go deeper into this, but I have learned one thing: keep people who give you negative vibration away. The anxiety many times comes from to try to be open with those who are toxic. If you eat toxic food your body will react by rejecting that food. if you force yourself to continue eating it, it may react by refusing any food

Edited by Breakingthewall

@Breakingthewall Exactly, well said. Sometimes being around unconscious people is unavoidable, in which case you have to cope as best you can, but it's best to minimise the time you spend in the company of such people where possible.

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

When you awaken there is no anxiety. Caring about what others think of you is a result of thinking you need to be a certain way to get their approval. When you are awake you have your own approval and love. You are on a platform noone can shake. This manifests chemically in your body and also in your energy field. Then you don't waste a single thought on what someone thinks of you.

Anxiety seems to be a phenomenon that some bodies experience more than others....there's nothing right or wrong with experiencing anxiety.... it seems to be passed down genetically and or from trauma and what not.

There can be a lot of energy behind anxiety, especially during anxious seeking! 

Enlightenment isn't a cure for an anxious individual, rather it reveals that there never was an anxious individual from the start. Feelings and emotions seem to come and go, they just don't belong to anyone or anything!

❤ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi