Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
digitalkaine

General questions

7 posts in this topic

Are relative and absolute the same thing within terms of non-duality? If everything is everything else then it seems like all relative concepts and ideas could technically be absolute as well. 

You could think of it like the roots and the branches of a tree. We could say they are one thing.

Yes they are the same everything.  

You could say relativity is the experience of being a separate individual living in a world of meaning, purpose and value!

You could say absolute is the end of those personalized experiences and conditioned concepts/beliefs!

❤ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Also wouldnt being asleep be the same thing techically as being awake?  Leo always says everyones asleep but isnt it just the same thing. Or is just really embodying that and understanding it what makes you awake. Am i just being an asshole?

2 hours ago, digitalkaine said:

Also wouldnt being asleep be the same thing techically as being awake?  

It's exactly the same thing because there never was an asleep individual to become awake. That's why the phrase "illusion of self" seems fitting.....something that feels or seems convincingly real, but actually isn't.

❤ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

reality is absolute, but by virtue of a clever special effects trick, a kind of mirror box, it appears relative. you can go as far as possible into the relative, into the division, and you will find a sense of falsehood, of unreality. you can reverse the path and return to unity, and you will find joy, the divisions will disappear, and ultimately you will discover that there never were, that nothing ever happened. a strange trick

Yes, both absolute and relative are absolute on the absolute level. All is the same one, in a sense, and so It, in a sense is a- or meta-logical, if it makes any sense at all to you, which It cannot because It is that which cannot make sense at that level, and so It needs to slow itself down to build a conceptual understanding of Itself, or at least being on the way towards Itself, in that sense, if you know what I mean.