Vision

Are you happy?

Are you happy?   41 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 posts in this topic

(Optional) Reply with why you are or are not happy

There is a huge spectrum of happiness and I grew over the last five years from pretty serious lifeless kind depression to pretty mild depression with more happy moments. Still having trouble to be light and playful but my worries aren’t as heavy anymore and I can identify them way better.

I want a gf and I am pretty certain that I can get one it’s just the time it takes that worries me and my neediness of sex which sucks. 
I want to reach nondual states with psychedelics but I have trouble finding 5meos and have also pushed the strong psychedelics so far into the future that I had lots of time imagining how horrifying an ego death will be and now besides having trouble finding them I am also worried that I am not even ready to get through the trip but I want it so bad. 
I don’t have a LP yet and am scared that I don’t find one. I also feel extremely unmotivated to change something about this situation because I don’t have the emotional resources to take a lot of setbacks. 

Edited by Jannes

I am happy thanks to eight years of spiritual development and practice. It’s kind of shocking to think of what life was like for me before. The only negative states that I inhabit anymore are the ones that I choose to let run. The odd thing is that I have no control over this process because I myself am just happing on a sort of non-doership autopilot which strangely results in more energy and action than when I perceived (not just thought) that there was a concrete individual capable of making a choice. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

11 minutes ago, BipolarGrowth said:

I am happy thanks to eight years of spiritual development and practice. It’s kind of shocking to think of what life was like for me before. The only negative states that I inhabit anymore are the ones that I choose to let run. The odd thing is that I have no control over this process because I myself am just happing on a sort of non-doership autopilot which strangely results in more energy and action than when I perceived (not just thought) that there was a concrete individual capable of making a choice. 

Awesome men, what is/was your spiritual practice?

A bit of both.  Some days I feel very depressed and there is a lot to work through - so I do - and then this gives rise to better days where I feel more happy and carefree.  It depends on how much shadow work I have done on myself in a particular area.  I could be happy for many weeks, do some work on myself, hit a brick wall and need to backtrack or look into some things to understand why I am not feeling my best.  Times like these, I feel very despondent, like nothing is going my way, I start to think about death a lot and it feels like my options begin to whittle down.  I often start to lack in self love, self care and don't do a whole lot, but this usually gives way to a more energetic cycle where I accomplish a bit more for a time - just to start the whole process over again.

There are many things in life to be happy about, but at the same time there are many things in life to be sad about and it can be hard to merge perspectives to find the right balance.  Especially if you are a sensitive person, little things can really blow up into seemingly big disasters that need to be tackled.  If something doesn't go my way, or if I can't find the immediate solution, my go-to is to either feel very frustrated or very sad.

But I think, with more continued work on myself, more awareness on my emotions and trying to seek understanding, that I will be happier for longer, with little bouts of sadness in between.  Right now it's about 40 percent happiness, 60 percent sadness.

Yes,  relative to everything.   I should be miserable but I've spent years in the pursuit of happiness.  I say I 'should' be miserable because I suffer from chronic physical illness, years of abuse that is still ongoing to an extent, suffered three psychoses, 'bad genetics' (easily overweight,  low iq family).  But despite all of that I remain fulfilled, relatively speaking.  Mostly because of Being, everything is inherently fulfilling and will always be fulfilling no matter my capacity and how physically unwell I become.   

???????

@Jannes currently it’s mostly vipassana or stuff aligned with that. I’ve done a lot of different types of meditation, psychedelics, magick, and other fringe stuff you rarely ever see people talk about. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

I begin to be happier 

It's happening while being more loving and patient with myself. All my negative beliefs (feeling less than others, thinking people are always judging me negatively, thinking I'm unattractive...) are slowly loosing their power and it's quite liberating.

I don't want to fight with life/me anymore I did this shit too much time

@Gabith That’s good to hear

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

My baseline is "pretty happy" with increasing glimpses of "freaking blissful" and I am focusing on lengthening the bliss moments.
I was lucky to burn through one of the toughest karmas pretty quick in my life, because I found the love of my life 5 years ago, had great friends in highschool and had the inteligent brain that was able to see through a facade of success and career.

All this led to quick realization that all of that things are distractions from generating the happyness straight out of pure Awareness.
The only karma that is left for me would be to have enough saving not to care about anything for 10 years. Then I imagine my ego will be able to let go of his last wish and my True Self will take over this body and it will seem as I would be meditating 24/7.

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

I'm happy most of the time. Some days I have a lot of disorienting feelings which makes navigating everyday life more challenging. But I've learned to better accept those days and just go with the flow. After those more challenging days I usually have very good productive days where I feel energized and ready to take on the world.

Although I do have some particularly tough days where I would prefer to not do anything at all. These days can be caused by both external factors such as health trouble or internal feelings or lack of energy after spending too much time with other people. If I spend most of my time alone with sprinkles of meeting other people here and there I am at peace, even if I'm working through tough feelings. However, when I'm forced to deal with a lot of people at the same time that I'm going through challenging feelings I often have some sort of backlash when I finally get to be with myself again, where I'm forced to work through my feelings for a couple of days to feel better. Overall I'm content and happy with life and understand that life will always pose challenges or else happiness loses its body and becomes hollow.

Edited by Asayake

5 hours ago, Einsteinonacid said:

Yes, happiness is a choice.

How do I choose to be happy? 

Don't wait for things to get better. Take proactive action.

3 hours ago, ThePoint said:

How do I choose to be happy? 

How do you choose to move your hand?

Pure will without doubt. Faith in this choice.

If you do not choose to be happy it means that you perceive that it is somehow beneficial to you to stay not happy. For example you may have unconscious believe that if you would just be happy then you would not have the motivation to get what you want, so you need to stay unhappy. We only stay in a state of mind as long as we somehow believe it is benefiting us.

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.