Ariesleith

Physical Asceticism as a Way out of Wage Slaver

13 posts in this topic

There is nothing I love more than the fresh fragrant dry air of the mountains. Yet I am expected in society to live in a prison cell that costs a minimum of 800$ a month, when I could live freely in the mountains, provided no one knows I'm there. I could possibly hunt and fish for my food in the future and then even cut another massive bill out of my life. I think that if I did not try to live without money seriously at least once in my life I would regret it. What are your thoughts on achieving freedom from wage slavery not through becoming a high value provider, but through being a low value consumer-or even a no value consumer I.e., living off of 0$? 

@Realms of Wonder Aw... He's a symptom of what's not going well in our society... my heart goes out to him..

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

On 27/7/2022 at 7:27 AM, Ariesleith said:

There is nothing I love more than the fresh fragrant dry air of the mountains. Yet I am expected in society to live in a prison cell that costs a minimum of 800$ a month, when I could live freely in the mountains, provided no one knows I'm there. I could possibly hunt and fish for my food in the future and then even cut another massive bill out of my life. I think that if I did not try to live without money seriously at least once in my life I would regret it. What are your thoughts on achieving freedom from wage slavery not through becoming a high value provider, but through being a low value consumer-or even a no value consumer I.e., living off of 0$? 

Could be a good short term experience. However, I’d say there’s a lot of risk that comes with doing this i.e. surviving the wild, nature can be brutal if your intentions are to remain living. So you’d want to research where you’re going and how you going to survive all the unexpected challenges, of which there are infinite. Theres a lot you just can’t be prepared for in the wild.

Despite this I don’t see it being a longterm strategy for providing benefit, given the way society has evolved and ourselves as a result. Saying that retreats from society for periods of time I think would be highly beneficial. You should read the works of Henry Thoreau, in particular his book ‘Walden’. He retreats from society for some time no lives off the land. He really highlights the importance of self preservation, minimalism, gratitude for nature and solitude. He re-enters society later but I imagine this experiment had many benefits.

Edited by Jacobsrw

On 27/07/2022 at 6:18 PM, Something Funny said:

This is a stupid way to look at it. Not only it's unproductive it is also ungrateful.

You can try living the kind of lifestyle you want to live if you feel like it. That will be an interesting experience. My only concern would be wasting my prime years on it instead of spending this time developing myself. You can always go and live in a cave when you are older.

I don't think its particularly appropriate to communicate with OP like that, re the first sentence.

Anyhow, I do like the points you make in the second paragraph.

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

Sounds courageous. However, I think there would be numerous issues with such a decision.

For example, physical health. I understand there to be many provisions in developed societies (presuming you are in a developed society), which protect your physical health. Throughout our lives we'll likely be confronted with multiple urgent physical health needs which societies generally provide adequate help with. If you were to live outside of yourself, I doubt whether you could be able to find an appropriate alternative means of protecting your physical health.

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

Society is actually not expecting anything from you. This is just your perception.

On 26/07/2022 at 11:27 PM, Ariesleith said:

Don't you want a relationship and a way to feel useful/helpful to other people?

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

@flowboy Yes. But I feel that I am very distant from others in my interests. Therefore I can't have a genuine connection to someone. This sounds arrogant and it is arrogant: but I feel I am superior to others and all intercourse is bad intercourse unless it is with your equals. 

@Jacobsrw yea I agree. Individuality as such is illusory, it is necessary one "re-enters society", even if only metaphorically. 

@Ulax Appreciate this : because I have been looking into nutrition quite obsessive and I've come to the conclusion that raw-paleo i.e. eating what you hunt /fish (especially raw) is the greatest way to preserve health. Along with exercise which would come as an affect of living in the wild. So besides the issues of weather and animals which requires minimal ingenuity and self determination health doesn't seem much of an issue so long as you are willing to drink blood and eat raw meat and rotten meat like the Eskimos do. If you are unlucky and get a viral infection than you are going to die though, or get a bad cut that gets infected, etc. ad infinitum. 

@Realms of Wonder With due respect, nothing like him. I have nothing against making money in an ethical sense. I honestly don't care much for ethics whatsoever unless it is the practice of. That is besides the point though, No I would hate to eat out of garbage cans and what? what does that guy even do every day? Meditation is great but I would get bored with only that. I am a writer and a reader! I Will be very busy with my work and I will always buy or catch my food. I couldn't live like him, it would kill my pride and I am not a Christian. That was a great documentary though because it is proof of concept that one can 'escape wage slavery' through asceticism provided one is radical enough.  

@Something Funny "would be wasting my prime years on it instead of spending this time developing myself"

How is working 10 hours a day at a slave job for 15$ dollars an hour really going to lead anywhere without me taking some kind of drastic action to change that situation? For example: living in the wild and going to school. I can understand why it seems like that is ungrateful and in some sense I actually agree with you that it is so, it is also kind of stupid, literally. Although words can be deceiving. It is actually ungrateful and stupid, but if one persists in their 'intelligent gratitude' lets say, how can you change for the better? How can you do the self development you claim is so important to you if you are so concerned with being smart and happy. Fuck happiness and intelligence. You will never grasp my joy in suffering and my love of gods stupidity!