LSD-Rumi

Did anybody watch Carnival 2003?

69 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura Don't be so judgemental about mouthbreathers. You have some facial bone structure deficits of someone who mouth breathed.

@Leo Gura It looks like you overhyped the thing given you were in a manic state. I still have 8 more episodes, I am still giving it a chance. But this show is nowhere  near what you said about it.

4 hours ago, LSD-Rumi said:

@Leo Gura It looks like you overhyped the thing given you were in a manic state. I still have 8 more episodes, I am still giving it a chance. But this show is nowhere  near what you said about it.

That doesn't surprise me. When a story is truly entertaining and profound, people will respond to it. I wouldn't underestimate the masses; they're not stupid, they just want to be entertained. Showmanship is important. If a movie, series, or novel is boring, and yet it claims that you're too stupid to understand it, well, that's snobbish and condescending. Make something that's fun to consume and meaningful. George Lucas learned that the hard way. He made a movie like THX and it tanked. So he had to learn how to entertain an audience. He made American Graffiti, which inspired young people, and that inspired him to make a movie for kids: Star Wars, which was very, very fun to consume, but it also had a meaningful subtext. There's nothing great about being intelligent but boring.

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

@The Mystical Man The show is cool but I was expecting something otherworldly ;)

Edited by LSD-Rumi

Don't watch the show. it is slow as hell and has nothing profound in it, literally (except for some scenes). I don't know what Leo was talking about. I think he was experiencing some manic state and remembered some good scene from the show and Thus became the beset show ever, lol.

On 7/29/2022 at 10:33 AM, Scholar said:

Some series are not good simply because of what is happening in them, but because of the state of mind they put you in. I definitely remember a whole spectrum of unique feelings and thoughts that occured as I watched it, I don't know if there are many other series that were able to pull that off.

I finished The Leftovers. What's your take on the finale? 

Edited by The Mystical Man

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

Quit being cringe, bro. 

This show has been incredible. I'm not much of a tv show guy and try to stray away from them because they make me an unproductive robot (especially if they are good pieces of art). I love everything about this show... The setting and time period, the acting, the mystery, the slow pace, the creativity etc. 

I think Leo is correct in saying that there is a lot to potentially take away if you were to contemplate all the meaning, symbolism, mythology etc. I can easily intuit that there is plenty there but I'm too smooth-brained to understand what the show is trying to tell me sometimes.

In any case I can't remember that last time I watched a show where I was telling myself "just one more episode" more than this. I can't wait to finish it so I can be somewhat productive again.

@Leo Gura Thanks for the rec, been enjoying your blog content lately.

@GroovyGuru Leo overhyped the thing like. Watch it hundreds of times? Lol. I liked the settings of the show and some scenes but that is it. I was  quite disappointed to be honest. I Didn't have any real insight from the show.

@LSD-Rumi Maybe one day you'll have the insight that all art is subjective.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 1.8.2022 at 7:17 AM, The Mystical Man said:

I finished The Leftovers. What's your take on the finale? 

My memory is suffering due to health issues so I don't remember what my take was, but I think it was something profound.

Glory to Israel

8 hours ago, Scholar said:

My memory is suffering due to health issues so I don't remember what my take was, but I think it was something profound.

I'm sure it was. Unfortunately, most discussions about the finale that I've found were rather disappointing. 

I watch what Leo tells me to watch. There are no choices, there is only God, there is only Leo.

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

@Leo Gura I just finished season 1, it’s pretty damn phenomenal to be honest. Would be cool if you did a blog video dissecting the show some time 

@Joel3102 can you tell me what you liked about it? Because I didn't like it at all.

Just finished Carnivale.

What a show! Laughed, shed a few tears, wrote down some quotes, this really made me think, so much insight into self deception, the heroes journey, being true to yourself, and more.

The music really got me, as a violin player, I loved it, the setting, 1934, dustbowl, extremely convincing and interesting to see.

Overall 8.5/10, would be higher if they would have gotten to finish the next four  seasons :( 

Welcome, to the authenticity evolution.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEMc_MGhRl-1t3MoV36uG1A

@LSD-Rumi

On 7/26/2022 at 8:37 AM, LSD-Rumi said:

Is it that good or Leo is just fking with  us? 

I remeber him mentioning it in one of his videos, I think it was about evil and the devil.

It was a fun watch, although you have to be a bit mature to get it.

On 6/8/2022 at 3:30 AM, Realms of Wonder said:

Just finished Carnivale.

What a show! Laughed, shed a few tears, wrote down some quotes, this really made me think, so much insight into self deception, the heroes journey, being true to yourself, and more.

The music really got me, as a violin player, I loved it, the setting, 1934, dustbowl, extremely convincing and interesting to see.

Overall 8.5/10, would be higher if they would have gotten to finish the next four  seasons :( 

I’m about halfway through season 2 and gearing up for the depression that will hit from the fact that it was cancelled because people couldn’t appreciate quality TV