Rox94

How to get started in spirituality?

6 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, 

Hoping you are well. I am from Chile, and my language is not English. So I try to write as well as possible.

I would like to ask you about how to start on this journey of spirituality. I have read some books and sometimes I try to meditate, but I don't know what to do. Maybe I am a very structured and logical person who needs the "step by step" to do something.

What advice can you give me, read some books, meditate in some way, go to nature (here in Chile there are beautiful places)?.

I will be very grateful for your comments.

Best regards.

Edited by Rox94

Meditate consistently every day, no excuses. That is the most important thing.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Book: Book of not Knowing by Peter Ralston. 

Deconstruct all your beliefs and conditioning (while still maintaining ability to function..), notice what is being constructed in your awareness (and in others) when you're going about your day. 

That paves the way for self-realization.. 

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

- Me personally, I'm starting out to meditate for 20 minutes per day (as suggested by Leo). I wrote down the first day I started and will add 1 extra minute every two weeks. No days off. That means in less than 2 years, I will hit one hour per day. I use meditation as a first door to everything else.

- You can read a book or two from Leo's booklist in his Spirituality section. 

- Practicing yoga every night guided by the book "A Systematic Course in the Ancient Tantric Techniques of Yoga and Kriya" by Saraswati. (Or you can use one of the ones mentioned in Leo's booklist)

- (can also watch a spiritual video from Leo every week or two and make notes of it)

Writing this post just made me realize how much Leo's work is a part of me now. Damn it lol. 

Edited by wayneleekw

There's more ofc but "getting started" seems to be sufficient. Maybe just get the Awakening course when it comes out.

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。