Aaron p

We Need More Outrageous Instagram Posts!

70 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Scholar said:

Julius Caesar basically was the Hitler of Rome.

Hitler shot himself to not end up like Mussolini. Caesar got stabbed to death by displeased senators.

16 hours ago, Consilience said:

This is the same dude who beat animals, banged his students, and gave drunk dharma talks, of course always justified with “no one’s there.” 

That is not what I'm saying.

You're confusing the person with his communications, which may have merit regardless. Read the books and ignore the author.

I didn't even know his personal details, nor do I really care.

Edited by UnbornTao

50 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Nilsi Don't worry about me.

I'm saner than ever.

You just aren't conscious yet of what I'm doing. There is a reason behind the madness.

You've gone  C****r Murp*y on us Leo (aka me)

Edited by Craigxt22

1 minute ago, UnbornTao said:

You're confusing the teacher with his communications. I didn't even know his personal details, not even the name.

That is not what I'm saying.

Im not, because the teacher and teaching are inseparable in some ways. Again, not the rational, verbal teachings. The teachings that come from embodiment and presence are intrinsic to the teacher.

3 minutes ago, Consilience said:

Keep in mind there are ways of communicating and teaching utterly beyond the intellectual domain, that are energetic, non-verbal, and trans-rational, which originate from a place of being.

Of course.

3 minutes ago, Consilience said:

Therefore, my view is his behavior was hypocritical and that he was not a trustworthy teacher. 

Perhaps he isn't trustworthy, that in no way undermines any of the truthful things he's said.

3 minutes ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

Hitler shot himself to not end up like Mussolini. Caesar got stabbed to death by displeased senators.

Thanks for that, this "Scholar" likes to compare apples to oranges it seems.

11 minutes ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

This is true, but it's not an exact comparison. Something more apt would not be Hitler says 2 + 2 = 4 but instead Hitler says society purity matters. The second statement even might still be true, but the connotations (certain behavioral patterns) are still there.

Sure, but in either analogy, the underlying logic is the same so I don't really see any reason to prefer one over the other. The point I was making is that it's necessary to boil the ocean - listening to all sources as opposed to having preferences.

Potestas Infinitas, Libertas Infinitas, Auctoritas Infinitas.

16 hours ago, Consilience said:

Im not, because the teacher and teaching are inseparable in some ways. Again, not the rational, verbal teachings. The teachings that come from embodiment and presence are intrinsic to the teacher.

Those books are precisely his verbal teachings.

The person and the teacher are different. You might be idealizing the teacher role. They are persons too.

They can still do stupid things even though that image may interfere with your ideal of what teachers should be and behave like. Their actions don't detract them from knowing what they are.

Edited by UnbornTao

Those of you that don't follow Leo on Instagram are definitely missing out. Sunday's posts were xD

47 minutes ago, hoodrow trillson said:

Oh no Leo fell for the Instagram trap! xD  Next up is Leo dancing on TikTok about the perils of being a Zen Devil xD

@Leo Gura Here's a tiktok dance tutorial for you mate https://www.youtube.com/shorts/z7-yoZ4Ofk0

Gotta keep the actualized.org teachings growing by any means necessary ;) 

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

In the same way I wouldn’t listen to a lecture from Hitler on the path to world peace, I wouldn’t listen to a Rinpoche who beat animals, slept with students, and was a raging alcoholic about the path to inner peace. Could the raging alcoholic Buddhist have some insights on peace? Sure. But doesn’t mean they’re really a trustworthy teacher, leader, or guide on the path. And that doesn’t mean there aren’t higher quality teachers out there. 

The mind grounded in inner peace transmits in an entirely different way than a Zen devil giving the same talk on inner peace. 

So, should we all watch Carnivale over the next week and then make a thread to discuss it?

Glory to Israel

5 minutes ago, JuliusCaesar said:

Perhaps he isn't trustworthy, that in no way undermines any of the truthful things he's said.

As one progresses on the path, the content of what is said matters less and less compared to the transmission of what was said. In my experience anyways. 

1 minute ago, TheRealJohn said:

@Javfly33 Dude, I don't think those were shorts. Looked more like a silk sheet 

All ik is we got real close to the first actualized.org dick pic

Be-Do-Have

1 minute ago, Consilience said:

Could the raging alcoholic Buddhist have some insights on peace? Sure.

The point I was making, is that it's possible exactly such an individual might have insights others you consider to be better wouldn't. Because he's dramatically more selfish than they are, or at least so it would seem. And since there's the possibility of something novel in him, it's also possible that there's something of value there also. But you don't know if his perspective has any value to you unless you listen to him.

2 minutes ago, Scholar said:

So, should we all watch Carnivale over the next week and then make a thread to discuss it?

Only if we want to.

2 minutes ago, Consilience said:

As one progresses on the path, the content of what is said matters less and less compared to the transmission of what was said. In my experience anyways. 

I understand, just as entering negative time-space is like the equivalent of walking on prison grounds to our higher selves. You don't want the teacher's negativity to impact you. And that's fine, but it doesn't undermine or even contradict anything I've said.

1 minute ago, Ulax said:

Close, but no cigar.

Just now, JuliusCaesar said:

Only if we want to.

Watching the first episode rn.

Glory to Israel

4 minutes ago, Scholar said:

Nice idea

Be-Do-Have

5 minutes ago, Ulax said:

xD Too true

1 hour ago, TheAlchemist said:

It's all about authority I think. A potent reminder about taking back your own absolute authority. Certainly looking at my own direct experience much more now, I noticed I was subtly relying on Leo still. An act of Love. The wisest is the conscious fool, who sacrifices his own reputation to encourage others to look within. 

Finally someone who his intuition together ;)

26 minutes ago, JuliusCaesar said:

And that's fine, but it doesn't undermine or even contradict anything I've said.

Im not saying it does. Im saying that for advanced practitioners, the presence from which a teacher teaches becomes more valuable than the words. My claim is the alcoholic Buddhist becomes less snd less effective at teaching the deeper the student goes. 

Edit: specifically teaching inner peace. Maybe the alcoholic buddhist would be better at teaching the absurd and even viscous nature of reality. Maybe they’d be better at teaching nihilism or solipsism. Who knows. 

Edited by Consilience

19 minutes ago, Consilience said:

My claim is the alcoholic Buddhist becomes less snd less effective at teaching the deeper the student goes. 

The logic behind this is basically why I've tended to avoid negatively oriented beings in the past. Even in spite of the fact that I know they can be tremendously useful to me.

19 minutes ago, Consilience said:

Maybe the alcoholic buddhist would be better at teaching the absurd and even viscous nature of reality. Maybe they’d be better at teaching nihilism or solipsism. Who knows. 

Yes, you're seeing some of the potential value in his perspective. It's like listening to Sheogorath in the Elder Scrolls, because his point of view is so unique he sometimes thinks along certain lines and reaches conclusions a more "sane" Oblivion Prince or Deity might never entertain.