Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wayneleekw

Understanding Conversations with God, Book 1

4 posts in this topic

"Life is not a school. No. We are not here to learn lessons. Why are we here? To remember and re-create, Who You Are. Life is an opportunity for you to know experientially what you already know conceptually. You need learn nothing to do this. You need merely remember what you already know, and act on it."

"The soul, your soul, knows all there is to know all the time. There's nothing hidden to it, nothing unknown. Yet knowing is not enough. The soul seeks to experience."

"In the beginning, that which Is is all there was, and there was nothing else. Yet All That Is could not know itself, because All That Is is all there was, and there was nothing else. And so, All That Is, was not. For in the absence of something else, All That Is, is not. This is the great Is/Not to which mystics have referred from the beginning of time. 

Now All That Is knew it was all there was - but this was not enough, for it could only know its utter magnificence conceptually, not experientially. Yet the experience of itself is that for which it longed, for it wanted to know what it felt like to be so magnificent. Still, this was impossible, because the term "magnificent" is a relative term. All That Is could not know what it felt like to be magnificent unless that which is not showed up. In the absence of that which is not, that which IS, is not."

1. All the is-is not, am-am nots is really throwing me off. Can anyone try simplifying?

2. When the book is talking about the soul, does it mean that when we are feeling something in our soul, that it's basically the soul of God talking, and God connecting with itself, aligning with itself, admiring itself? So that when I play a musical instrument and feel it in my soul, that it is basically God connecting with God?

Edited by wayneleekw

17 hours ago, wayneleekw said:

1. All the is-is not, am-am nots is really throwing me off. Can anyone try simplifying?

Think dualities. You cannot have up without down, left without right, or “magnificent” without mundane, knowing without not-knowing, remembering without forgetting. They all require their opposite pole to exist at all, because they are relative.

17 hours ago, wayneleekw said:

does it mean that when we are feeling something in our soul, that it's basically the soul of God talking, and God connecting with itself, aligning with itself, admiring itself? So that when I play a musical instrument and feel it in my soul, that it is basically God connecting with God?

That sounds basically right to me. Everything is technically God connecting with God, but we could say that playing a musical instrument creates and reflects a more pronounced connection or awareness. 

@aurum I think I kind of get it. So the illusion of the matrix, separation, pain, and suffering is kind of a test for us to strip through to see the Truth of Love?

1 hour ago, wayneleekw said:

@aurum I think I kind of get it. So the illusion of the matrix, separation, pain, and suffering is kind of a test for us to strip through to see the Truth of Love?

You could put it that way. Practically speaking it can certainly seem like a test.

At deeper levels of consciousness, we can also see that nothing is outside of God. So there is no one to “test” God but God. You are testing yourself.