The Mystical Man

Scared of doing DMT

74 posts in this topic

It took me a long time to finally procure DMT, and now that I have it, I'm too scared to take it. I have experience with standard doses of AL-LAD, 1P-LSD, 1cP-LSD, and 1V-LSD, so basically acid, but nothing else. I respect DMT, because it's a different class of psychedelics, and the idea that it kicks in so quickly scares me. My fear is that I might stop breathing; that fear always comes up during a psychedelic session, and that fear keeps me from fully surrendering. I can feel the shortness of breath on 10 ug of 1V-LSD.

I don't think there is anything you can say to make it easier for me, but I still felt like sharing. 

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

You should be scared.

It takes big balls to smoke DMT.

1 hour ago, The Mystical Man said:

It took me a long time to finally procure DMT, and now that I have it, I'm too scared to take it. I have experience with standard doses of AL-LAD, 1P-LSD, 1cP-LSD, and 1V-LSD, so basically acid, but nothing else. I respect DMT, because it's a different class of psychedelics, and the idea that it kicks in so quickly scares me. My fear is that I might stop breathing; that fear always comes up during a psychedelic session, and that fear keeps me from fully surrendering. I can feel the shortness of breath on 10 ug of 1V-LSD.

I don't think there is anything you can say to make it easier for me, but I still felt like sharing. 

Fear is normal, like the previous person posted it takes great courage to do psychedelics. I respect you for even taking the attempt. 

I heard Leo say he is sensitive to DMT, it puts him into profound states of Infinite Love so strong it gave him suicidal thoughts. So be careful with the dosage.

Edited by Razard86

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

Which dmt? 

Yeah low dose is best to see how you react.. sensitivity can wildly vary.

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

14 minutes ago, puporing said:

Which dmt? 

Yeah low dose is best to see how you react.. sensitivity can wildly vary.

N,N-DMT. Can't get 5-MeO yet. 

Yeah, it's probably a good idea to start with a low dose.

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

11 hours ago, The Mystical Man said:

I did 1p lsd , and i definitally could breath better it also felt like you didnt need food and the food you ate you didnt feel it. It felt imaginary. And my friend has muscle pain from exercising but in higher state of consciousness on lsd, the pain went away

ONLY LEO IS AWAKE

You can slowly dose the way up. Or, just do a breakthrough while in a safe place like your bed. There’s always pre-launch jitters but Usually it’s a very kind experience if you have proper set and setting.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

You're scared? glad you respect the substance.

DMT doesn't have to be terrifying, its extremely dose dependent, start small, tiny, if you want, and work your way up.

Music is Love in disguise.

Imagine a future where Self Integration, Exploration and Creation is  normalized and encouraged.

https://wakingcall.com/

Fear is only found in the mind.

Focus on your body and breath. Or on your field of vision. That works best for me to transition from ego to infinity. 

On 24/07/2022 at 4:22 PM, Realms of Wonder said:

You're scared? glad you respect the substance.

DMT doesn't have to be terrifying, its extremely dose dependent, start small, tiny, if you want, and work your way up.

This is how I did it also.

I was also less afraid to smoke it when I was already very high on large doses of LSD, and I had the strongest experiences like that, by using in tandem.

I can't recommend this drug OP. But, if you do it as this guy explained, you're not going to be overwhelmed. 5 mg isn't so scary now is it? Just feels like you're walking on clouds. Then what about 10? 15? Etc.

Build up and you aren't going to terrify yourself with unexpected results... Many things come on fast, like nitrous for example.

8 minutes ago, RMQualtrough said:

This is how I did it also.

I was also less afraid to smoke it when I was already very high on large doses of LSD, and I had the strongest experiences like that, by using in tandem.

I can't recommend this drug OP. But, if you do it as this guy explained, you're not going to be overwhelmed. 5 mg isn't so scary now is it? Just feels like you're walking on clouds. Then what about 10? 15? Etc.

Build up and you aren't going to terrify yourself with unexpected results... Many things come on fast, like nitrous for example.

You can't recommend DMT? Why not?

Yes… sometimes people suggest that you can shift a negative DMT experience by thinking loving thoughts, but I don’t think that works really.

The entities you meet there are definitely real. They have the power of Gods, and you are completely at their mercy. They can be extremely loving and kind. They can also sometimes be ominous. It depends which ones you meet.

A truly fascinating drug. Feels like the closest thing we have to communicating with aliens.

Definitely worth seeing what’s there I think. Even if the trip is scary it will be very mind opening. Try working your way up to the waiting room (a geometric chrysanthemum / mandala of petal shapes). This should calm you down. Then you can decide if you want to go stronger an hour later.

Apparently.

31 minutes ago, The Mystical Man said:

You can't recommend DMT? Why not?

Well look, lots of people (most I think) have wonderful experiences. For me it was often panic attack inducing... I even had PTSD symptoms (so now even smoking the tiniest amount causes a panic attack as my mind thinks it's going back into that)... But I'm here now and I'm okay.

Worst case scenario is that you freak the fuck out then come back down. But if you increment gradually, this freakout is not going to happen.

Also notice I am posting here. Why? I don't give a FUCK about spirituality. I don't care about it AT ALL and NEVER have. I don't care about being zen or escaping suffering. But because of the intense drug trips, I have no choice. My mind still constantly ruminates over what happened and I spent time almost every day having deep existential thoughts. I can't see life in the same way anymore. It's not a bad thing per sè, it's more like arthritis or tinnitus, it's just something that slightly bugs me which I can't get rid of.

There are worse problems to have. And if you are actually into spirituality your mind may be that way inclined and you won't be taken away from your current mindset. I was very egoic and material minded and was comfortable that way. But yeah.

@RMQualtrough it's cool I like that you're honest about things. I too have almost an allergy with the silly 5-meow. Well I wish it produced cats. But no. 

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

McKenna inspires me to smoke DMT, specifically this quote: 

"Under the influence of DMT, the world becomes an Arabian labyrinth, a palace, a more than possible Martian jewel, vast with motifs that flood the gaping mind with complex and wordless awe. Color and the sense of a reality-unlocking secret nearby pervade the experience. There is a sense of other times, and of one’s own infancy, and of wonder, wonder and more wonder." - Terence Mckenna

That sounds beautiful. 

DMT is awesome. You won't stop breathing. It can be scary at high doses, but the nice thing is you can dial in the dose by taking small puffs. No need to blast yourself. At low doses DMT is easy to handle. At high doses it's very challenging, but in a good way. It's just freaky powerful. You don't really understand what conscious is until you do a moderate to high dose of DMT. That's when you'll realize that nonduality and Buddhism are bullshit.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

DMT is awesome. You won't stop breathing. It can be scary at high doses, but the nice thing is you can dial in the dose by taking small puffs. No need to blast yourself. At low doses DMT is easy to handle. At high doses it's very challenging, but in a good way. It's just freaky powerful. You don't really understand what conscious is until you do a moderate to high dose of DMT. That's when you'll realize that nonduality and Buddhism are bullshit.

Wait, what do you mean non duality is bullshit? Big enough dose of this shit takes you into a complete non dual hogwash, in what way is it bullshit? 

Edited by Hello from Russia

1 hour ago, Hello from Russia said:

Wait, what do you mean non duality is bullshit? Big enough dose of this shit takes you into a complete non dual hogwash, in what way is it bullshit? 

How many times do I have to tell you?

Nonduality is not God-Realization.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

How many times do I have to tell you?

Nonduality is not God-Realization.

Plz explain. Do you mean because ideas are conceptual while what you are discussing is experiential? E.g. "rollercoasterality" where every facet of riding a rollercoaster is explained in depth, will itself never be the act of riding the rollercoaster?

Cheers