Questioner

How to wake up?

31 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Consilience said:

The monk understands, deeply, that the world does not provide happiness, lasting satisfaction, fulfillment, and certainly not truth

I'm not agree. many people are slaves and move for necessity, but others do it out of vocation and love. look at what humanity has done, where it has come. Have it  came from the path of negativity, to escape something worse? or for love, from the real and positive desire of improvement? are we slaves or leonardo davinci? a part of both. 

1 hour ago, Consilience said:

. And then you combine this with the possibility of rebirth and suddenly the monk sees how fleeting this opportunity for serious practice is. Once this life ends, it’s up in the air how long it will be until the opportunity to walk the spiritual path is.

I don't know if it's true or not. But Id say that acting out of fear is a mistake. use this life to gain merit for the next I don't see it. gives rise to fear, paranoia, superstition... religión. how to be sure of those things?

The reality is that enormous suffering that you are talking about exist. What is the point of that? I don't know. We have to go really deep to understand this imo. 

Edited by Breakingthewall

What you should understand from listening to Leo is that you don't understand anything. If you think you know what enlightenment is then throw that idea into the trash. Step one is to be honest about where you are. It's like with alcoholism: The first step is to realize and accept that you're an alcoholic, then the real work can start. So I'd say that it's important to spend time with yourself and to get to know yourself. That will help you understand where you are in life. If you don't experience reality as a dream right now, then drop that idea and accept that this isn't the case. If you can't see god in this very room then drop that idea. Then work from where you are as opposed to working from where you think you should be.

Part of this is deconstructing your ideas of reality. If you think you know that reality is a dream without actually knowing it, you won't bother to truly investigate it because you asumme that you already know. Same goes with every believe you hold. You must empty the cup so to speak. Here is an old zen saying I like:

Scholar Tokusan--who was full of knowledge and opinions about the dharma--came to Ryutan and asked about Zen. At one point Ryutan re-filled his guest's teacup but did not stop pouring when the cup was full. Tea spilled out and ran over the table. "Stop! The cup is full!" said Tokusan.

"Exactly," said Master Ryutan. "You are like this cup; you are full of ideas. You come and ask for teaching, but your cup is full; I can't put anything in. Before I can teach you, you'll have to empty your cup."

Edited by DefinitelyNotARobot

beep boop

59 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

I'm not agree. many people are slaves and move out of necessity, but others do it out of vocation and love. look at what humanity has done, where it has come. Have it  came from the path of negativity, to escape something worse? or for love, from the real and positive desire of improvement? are we slaves or leonardo davinci? a part of both. 

If we study history I think it becomes clear.

I don't know if it's true or not. But Id say that acting out of fear is a mistake. use this life to gain merit for the next I don't see it. gives rise to fear, paranoia, superstition... religión. how to be sure of those things?

The reality is that enormous suffering that you are talking about exist. What is the point of that? I don't know. We have to go really deep to understand this imo. 

Some amount of fear is healthy imo. It helps motivate us to snap out of destructive behaviors.

But to reduce this clarity of the suffering of reality and practicing with this clarity at the forefront to fear would be a mistake. In the highest sense, it embues one’s life with a deep reverence and beauty, a heartfelt appreciation for where we are. This human life is precious. This human life in which enlightenment is sought, is even more precious. Not recognizing this is a catastrophic error. 

Again, direct experience of past lives and logical analysis of the nature of existence, that it does not satisfy and that generally, our minds are unconsciously driven through craving. Most beings are deeply suffering on the planet, in this very era. If rebirth is a reality, and you were lucky enough to come back as a human and not some random animal, well the chances of you being spiritually nourished enough to begin the path is low. Appreciating this fact helps one cultivate happiness, but how this is so is difficult to understand.

As far as why there is suffering, all I can say is the path to Buddhahood is impossible without the 1st noble truth and part of what made Christ, Christ was being nailed to the cross. “No mud, no lotus” as Tich Naht Hahn said. Im not sure why there is so much suffering, but I do have faith that it’s not for nothing. 

10 hours ago, Consilience said:

You never know. human reality is cruel but also basically happy. how to analyze the happiness index of humans born from 200,000 years ago to now? it is probable that his existence was hard, but basically simple and happy, with moments of horror. if they told you: you are going to be born at random 40,000 years ago. would you say yes or no? the answer indicates if you have balls to be a human or not. being human requires a great deal of courage, but it has a great reward as well. Probably the ancient humans were basically much happier than those now locked in their minds, even if they lived with the true horror 

10 hours ago, Consilience said:

and you were lucky enough to come back as a human

Lucky depending of your point of view. If they give me a choice, for the next one I prefer to be a bird, or maybe a fish. A little mindless vacation from the mess of being human would be nice.

Anyway, all of this are speculation. mind ideas. we don't know anything about this, past life experiences can be dreams. Although maybe everything you say is real. who knows. but thinking about it only leads to more ego imo

Seek it and don't give up. No matter how many difficult trials and experiences you have to go through. No matter how many deaths of the ego or parts of yourself that are required. If you have that much will, the answers will find you :D, whether you'll accept them will determine how awake you become. You are seeing/feeling/experiencing yourself every day.

Used to be this question I would not answer, because it will bias you, and the second I did that it limits you. You are infinity how you remember who/what you are, will be entirely for you to find. All we can do is give you our experience.

Edited by BlueOak

23 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Anyway, all of this are speculation. mind ideas. we don't know anything about this, past life experiences can be dreams. 

I'm confused by this statement...everything is a dream. There is God, and then there is the dream. So you are either in a state of Absolute Consciousness as God, or you are dreaming. A dream is how God lives as a finite form. So based on this....you have always had past life experiences.

So....you are contradicting yourself. When Leo said that reincarnation was part of the dream I was like....yeah of course so is this current life. The ancients say to STOP dreaming you have to realize yourself as God. But the only way to do that is to release all attachment. It all seems to fit to me. Nothing Leo has said seems to contradict any of the teachings. Even Leo's Infinity of God's realization Jesus said in the Bible and the Law of One series mentions. So its all about putting things into perspective. 

So since you cannot die, because you are existence itself all that happens is you stop dreaming. 

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

4 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

but thinking about it only leads to more ego imo

What is this based on? Personal contemplation or just beliefs, opinions, feeling?

16 hours ago, Consilience said:

Some amount of fear is healthy imo. It helps motivate us to snap out of destructive behaviors.

But to reduce this clarity of the suffering of reality and practicing with this clarity at the forefront to fear would be a mistake. In the highest sense, it embues one’s life with a deep reverence and beauty, a heartfelt appreciation for where we are. This human life is precious. This human life in which enlightenment is sought, is even more precious. Not recognizing this is a catastrophic error. 

What amount of fear is healthy? Is there no better way of motivating yourself to change a behavior? I don't like fear.

Edited by Chrisd

5 hours ago, Razard86 said:

I'm confused by this statement...everything is a dream. There is God, and then there is the dream. So you are either in a state of Absolute Consciousness as God, or you are dreaming. A dream is how God lives as a finite form. So based on this....you have always had past life experiences.

So....you are contradicting yourself. When Leo said that reincarnation was part of the dream I was like....yeah of course so is this current life. The ancients say to STOP dreaming you have to realize yourself as God. But the only way to do that is to release all attachment. It all seems to fit to me. Nothing Leo has said seems to contradict any of the teachings. Even Leo's Infinity of God's realization Jesus said in the Bible and the Law of One series mentions. So its all about putting things into perspective. 

So since you cannot die, because you are existence itself all that happens is you stop dreaming. 

16 hours ago, Consilience said:

I don't understand the nature of the dream, how in possible that a dream exist , how is it possible that the dream is the absolute, how I am everything and at the same time the others exist and are me. Why the apparent reality is as it is. I don't even remotely understand any of this. my moment is to open myself to being absolute, to the unfathomable love of being. everything I have said above is speculation based on logic. simply contrast points of view with a guy who seems interesting to me

On 7/24/2022 at 0:35 AM, Questioner said:

So I now understand from watching Leo's video that I am dreaming and that no-one in this world (including you) is conscious or experiencing anything. So my question now is how do I wake up back to my actual reality?  Feel like I've been left high and dry. 

How does the idea help you? If it doesn't help, you might consider you're not understanding it correctly. Or it's false. After all, it's supposed to be in accordance with reality, and being more in touch with reality should be helpful.

3 minutes ago, Chrisd said:

What amount of fear is healthy? Is there no better way of motivating yourself to change a behavior? I don't like fear.

Enough where you can have the honest “oh shit” moment that breaks the enchantment with thinking the safe or normal life path will be satisfying, fulfilling, and is what we even want.

Im not necessarily recommending fear or saying we should cultivate fear. Instead Im suggesting we deeply feel into the natural fear response that comes from facing reality, which is what’s needed to move through it, equanimize it, and ultimately transcend it.