thenondualtankie

Any drugs that improve social confidence?

34 posts in this topic

Alcohol (1-2 drinks) is one of them. I'm thinking using some sort of substance could be a good way to get me started. I can wean myself off afterwards.

Alcohol is prob your best bet really. It turns me from total introvert to total extrovert

I've heard Phenibut is also supposed to be good for it, but I've done very little research into that so please take that with a grain of salt and do your own research. In particular I've heard the comedown is super rough

MDMA is another one, but you can't take that more than like once a month without fucking up your brain chemistry so maybe stay away from that except from special occasions.

Shrooms, all the psychedelics that last a few hours really, just take small amounts. 

Also try L-Theanine and a few other nootropics. 

Avoid MDMA, alcohol and Phenibut. These are addictive and damage the body. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

Go to your local vintage store and buy a ridiculously fancy outfit that you would never wear in daylight. This shit works like a magic spell on me. You will feel so free and loose and not be as stuck in your usual neuroses and insecurities. 

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

Are you serious ? ?

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

1 hour ago, thenondualtankie said:

@something_else How much do you tend to drink?

Depends. Anywhere between 2 to 10 drinks depending on where I am and what I'm doing. If it's on the higher side of that scale it's because I've been out from like 5pm til 4am

It's not great for your body but hey, it's a lot of fun. Not to be a bad influence or anything, lol. I wanna get all the crazy partying out of my system while I'm young and my body can handle it

Edited by something_else

If you want unconscious fun, this combo is the goat:

Mix a little bit of weed and alcohol.  Smoke a little bit first if you aren't a seasoned smoker, then 2-3 drinks as the night progresses and the high will hand over the baton to the alcohol, an amazing feeling.  You'll have a fucking blast and your mind will unlock a few doors that you didn't now were closed.

However, if you don't smoke at all, you need to try this on your own by yourself to see where your limits/threshold of weed + alcohol is.  The last thing you want to do is puke on a bitch or pass out on the floor or get into a fight.  

Just get cuddly in your home with some weed and drinks and see what works for you.

I tried using LSD analog twice while socializing. First time it was 100 ug during wedding party another time 150 or 200 ug during a party.

In my experience it enhanced social skills and confidence. However it's not going to work if you don't feel comfortable.

Wedding party was amazing because there was a girl with whom I had great chemistry. LSD made my mind so fast that I was fully in control of her emotions. I was able to say thrle perfect thing to steer precisely in the right direction.

Anther attempt wasn't that successful. I couldn't connect this way with anyone, so there wasn't anything to enhance. I felt powerless. Whole experience was rather underwhelming.

Edited by Username

Coke is the best I came across lol. You will feel like a god and social cues are suddenly a 6th sense. 

I don't recommend this though. Get tough sober. Get disgraced, learn to laugh at yourself. You won't wean yourself off the substance because you're not getting better sober. What you practice is what you become..

I've used Phenibut a couple of times instead of using alcohol at social events, it worked fine, and I never experienced side effects. 

Skærmbillede 2022-07-25 kl. 17.24.02.png

Try doing it sober, you'll learn and grow the most.  It's just going to be the hardest.  This thread is full of terrible advice that will potentially send you down a really dark path.  Super bothered by some of the suggestions in here.  

Perhaps use a very minor amount of alcohol and keep it under control.  

Phenibut is a nightmare, absolutely do not take that shit.  Seriously people, what's next just start taking bars of Xanax?  Is this a self-actualization forum or a self-destruction forum?  That advice is dangerous and pathetic.  

Edited by Heart of Space

I've done a lot of these drugs so I'll give my take

Phenibut - stay away from it. It was very nice the first few times I tried it, but you will build up a tolerance super quickly and it can become extremely addicting. You will also start to feel reliant on it to calm your nerves and feel like you can't be social without it. Extremely dangerous drug that can actually kill you 

Coke - fun but in my experience it really just results in you wanting to talk, but not actually listening to the other person. These days if I do it it's literally just to keep me awake when I go out otherwise I get tired quickly. Also you have no idea what's actually in the shit you bought so fentanyl OD's are always possible

LSD - Can be extremely fun in social situations and bring you out of your shell but It can also go horribly wrong which is the risk with doing psychedelics in a non controlled environment

MDMA - Probably the best socializing drug from these, however it's too intense to take in a normal social situation with people who are not also rolling. You're probably better off just rolling in a controlled environment with a few people and doing some inner work to help you break through some of your insecurities. This will make you much less nervous in social situations without any drugs. At least it did for me. 

I don't demonize drugs and tell people they need to figure it out sober. You can do that. But it might just take you a lot longer. One MDMA session can clear so much shit out of your system that might have taken 6 months of therapy to sift through. 

Edited by kamwalker

@NoSelfSelf To be honest, no. I just wanted to throw this post out there because I enjoy interacting with this forum :P

I'm probably gonna stick to drinking very occasionally and very lightly. I've done phenibut a couple times, it was nice but it's kind of stopped working that well for me. I start feeling the comedown effects as soon as the drug hits me... so during the comeup. Facepalm. Oh well, all it did was make me way more talkative, but not necessarily in a good way. It kind of makes me not give a shit about social cues, to the point where I didn't notice that someone was making eye contact with me.

One thing I'm definitely gonna try is LSD microdosing though. It seems that psychedelics can decrease the amount of overall "judgement" you're storing in your mind, both you of others and others of you.

I also realised that I should look into MDMA for therapeutic purposes.

On 23/7/2022 at 10:31 PM, Nilsi said:

Go to your local vintage store and buy a ridiculously fancy outfit that you would never wear in daylight. This shit works like a magic spell on me. You will feel so free and loose and not be as stuck in your usual neuroses and insecurities. 

Nice! Sort of like Leo goes out Lol? I need it to try it 

58 minutes ago, thenondualtankie said:

@NoSelfSelf To be honest, no. I just wanted to throw this post out there because I enjoy interacting with this forum :P

I'm probably gonna stick to drinking very occasionally and very lightly. I've done phenibut a couple times, it was nice but it's kind of stopped working that well for me. I start feeling the comedown effects as soon as the drug hits me... so during the comeup. Facepalm. Oh well, all it did was make me way more talkative, but not necessarily in a good way. It kind of makes me not give a shit about social cues, to the point where I didn't notice that someone was making eye contact with me.

One thing I'm definitely gonna try is LSD microdosing though. It seems that psychedelics can decrease the amount of overall "judgement" you're storing in your mind, both you of others and others of you.

I also realised that I should look into MDMA for therapeutic purposes.

Phenibut is great until it's not. Also very , very toxic drug. 

4 hours ago, kamwalker said:

LSD - Can be extremely fun in social situations and bring you out of your shell but It can also go horribly wrong which is the risk with doing psychedelics in a non controlled environment

Did pickup (nighttime) on it last year. Worst night of my life Lol. Fucking traumatic

@kamwalker I might give a try to MDMA though. Honestly I've become a little tired of trying to "solve" my lack of confidence/trauma in social situations with psychedelics. They have helped tremendously overall in my wisdom for life but I feel they haven't really be able to hit that. Except lately shrooms which are giving me promising results. 

What set and setting do you recommend for MDMA? Dose for this purposes?

What set and setting do you recommend for MDMA? Dose for this purposes?

@Javfly33 Hey dude, I'm trying to figure out the same thing right now. DM me if you find anything useful! Or just post here.

30 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

Did pickup (nighttime) on it last year. Worst night of my life Lol. Fucking traumatic

Fuck me that sounds intense.

What was an example of how it was traumatic?

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

@thenondualtankie @Javfly33

If your goal is to improve socially, you've tried psychedelics and they haven't helped with that, I would absolutely say try MDMA. 

I started out taking it at raves about 5 years ago. Then I started using it at home with my closest friend. We would talk about things we were afraid to talk about before. I became WAY more social after that. No longer in my head and able to be ultra present with other people and much more empathetic to them. I've done it alone too and that is also very helpful for self acceptance. Now I mainly like to just do it with my closest friends. Would love to do it with a girl I care about some day. 

Some people recommend MDMA therapy with a therapist which could be helpful if you have past trauma that you need to overcome. I didn't really have any trauma thankfully so it wasn't something I needed. 

As far as dosing, I stay in the 80-120 mg range and I typically don't redose. You will hear people talk about the comedown but so long as you don't go overboard on the dose you should be fine. TEST your shit first though. I have NEVER experienced an MDMA comedown and I've rolled probably 20 times in the last 5 years.  I'm not saying I won't or that it won't happen, but if you taken proper precautions you can mitigate the risk. As far as setting I would say you can easily do it alone, however you will WANT people to talk to so it's nice to have someone there with you. 

1 hour ago, kamwalker said:

@thenondualtankie @Javfly33

If your goal is to improve socially, you've tried psychedelics and they haven't helped with that, I would absolutely say try MDMA. 

I started out taking it at raves about 5 years ago. Then I started using it at home with my closest friend. We would talk about things we were afraid to talk about before. I became WAY more social after that. No longer in my head and able to be ultra present with other people and much more empathetic to them. I've done it alone too and that is also very helpful for self acceptance. Now I mainly like to just do it with my closest friends. Would love to do it with a girl I care about some day. 

Some people recommend MDMA therapy with a therapist which could be helpful if you have past trauma that you need to overcome. I didn't really have any trauma thankfully so it wasn't something I needed. 

As far as dosing, I stay in the 80-120 mg range and I typically don't redose. You will hear people talk about the comedown but so long as you don't go overboard on the dose you should be fine. TEST your shit first though. I have NEVER experienced an MDMA comedown and I've rolled probably 20 times in the last 5 years.  I'm not saying I won't or that it won't happen, but if you taken proper precautions you can mitigate the risk. As far as setting I would say you can easily do it alone, however you will WANT people to talk to so it's nice to have someone there with you. 

Thanks a lot!!! ???

Deadlifts.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.