TimDavid

Leo Gura Video About Heavy Metals

15 posts in this topic

I have never really listened/watched Leo Gura before, just created an account on this fourm to talk about this topic.

I found him when searching the internet about heavy metals, and saw that he posted a youtube video about the topic.

[How To Detox Heavy Metals (Lead & Mercury) + DEMO - YouTube] 

I remember that he said in the youtube video about himself doing oral chelation.

In the video, he said that he used a type of provoked urine test. This is not what Andy Cutler recommends doing in his book, in his book he writes he recommends doing a hair test.

I made an account on these forums [https://andy-cutler-chelation.com/mercury-detox-forums/] where they were all telling me to do a hair test.

I assume you just want some input on provoked versus non-provoked testing.

I also am not really big on doing a provoked test, but there is some pretty credible naturopaths that do use that. I don't think there is a lot of useful information coming from it to justify it. However, there is a lot of ways to go about it. There are even other protocols entirely that are effective, that Andy doesn't recommend. You are going to have to decide what is going to work best for your situation. If you are planning to chelate either way, then I wouldn't even waste my money or time on either of those tests. 

While you are here there is a lot of other great stuff. I would not really come here for chelation advice, but browse around. Leo has a really good selection of personal development videos. 

Edited by Average Investor

13 hours ago, Average Investor said:

I assume you just want some input on provoked versus non-provoked testing.

I also am not really big on doing a provoked test, but there is some pretty credible naturopaths that do use that. I don't think there is a lot of useful information coming from it to justify it. However, there is a lot of ways to go about it. There are even other protocols entirely that are effective, that Andy doesn't recommend. You are going to have to decide what is going to work best for your situation. If you are planning to chelate either way, then I wouldn't even waste my money or time on either of those tests. 

While you are here there is a lot of other great stuff. I would not really come here for chelation advice, but browse around. Leo has a really good selection of personal development videos. 

I have Autism, I have loads of symptoms of chronic mercurcy posoning, auto immune disease. 

I felt like I related to what Leo said in the video of feeling like having a problem with heavy metals with you health will stop you from being able to improve.

What other protocols do you think there are which are effective? 

I did invest in getting a hair test.

I feel like I cannot focus/concentrate due to brain fog.

Somone left a comment in the video that when he got symptoms of metals he felt like he couldn't concentrate properly to practice meditation.

@TimDavid I have seen some good results of people with autism doing heavy metal chelation. However, I would not go to it as a first step. If you have not already, I would heavily invest into your diet and lifestyle. A lot of modern "food" causes a lot of brain fog and related symptoms. There is even the possibility of things like food allergies or some other kind of issue causing the brain fog. Those andy cutler groups will not recommend stuff like that, but I would use it as a first step. Things like mold in your environment could even be causing a lot of the issues too. 

As for other protocols. You are going to have to do some more digging. I would highly suggest researching all that is available for this kind of stuff. I looked into this for two years before even trying anything. I also had read two of Andy Cutlers books. You are going to have to decide what is best for you. You should understand the risk and reward of what you are taking well. 

Also, you should dig deeper into the issues that you have. You could potentially find a lot of things that could help treat those issues directly. A lot of the heavy metal chelation could be hit or miss. Doing ACC protocol is going to be costly, long, and you will have to bare getting minor improvements gradually. That is why I suggest getting your diet and life style in order first. I recommend priming your body for the months and potentially years of chelation. You should also not be chelating with any amalgam fillings. 

If you have the money, then I would suggest working with a health coach or a naturopathic doctor. If you work with a good one it will greatly speed up the kind of results that you are looking to get. I have also seen people that specialize in chelation that you can pay. If you research that well, it should not be difficult to set up. 

For some reason I don't get notified when a user @'s at me, I just looked at this page manually.

@Average Investor I have tried changing my diet according to a book written by a doctor for healing bowel disease, a fruit based diet, natural hygiene.

I have been researching about chleation.

"Doing ACC protocol is going to be costly, long, and you will have to bare getting minor improvements gradually."

ACC oral chleation is suppose to be the cheapest type of chleation compared to others like injections (using a private clinic - I have researched about), people say get results according to different times.

Why would you suggest a health coach or naturopath?

- I have read Andy cutlers books

-Dr Andy cutler doesn't recommend other forms of chleation, says they can be dangerous, everyone on his fourm says that oral chleation is the best.

17 hours ago, Average Investor said:

@TimDavid I have seen some good results of people with autism doing heavy metal chelation. However, I would not go to it as a first step. If you have not already, I would heavily invest into your diet and lifestyle. A lot of modern "food" causes a lot of brain fog and related symptoms. There is even the possibility of things like food allergies or some other kind of issue causing the brain fog. Those andy cutler groups will not recommend stuff like that, but I would use it as a first step. Things like mold in your environment could even be causing a lot of the issues too. 

As for other protocols. You are going to have to do some more digging. I would highly suggest researching all that is available for this kind of stuff. I looked into this for two years before even trying anything. I also had read two of Andy Cutlers books. You are going to have to decide what is best for you. You should understand the risk and reward of what you are taking well. 

Also, you should dig deeper into the issues that you have. You could potentially find a lot of things that could help treat those issues directly. A lot of the heavy metal chelation could be hit or miss. Doing ACC protocol is going to be costly, long, and you will have to bare getting minor improvements gradually. That is why I suggest getting your diet and life style in order first. I recommend priming your body for the months and potentially years of chelation. You should also not be chelating with any amalgam fillings. 

If you have the money, then I would suggest working with a health coach or a naturopathic doctor. If you work with a good one it will greatly speed up the kind of results that you are looking to get. I have also seen people that specialize in chelation that you can pay. If you research that well, it should not be difficult to set up. 

My symptoms of chronic mercurcy posoning, auto immune disease happened about five years ago after I received a set of vaccinations as a teenager, had bowel symptom happen to me , liquid diarrhoea.

About a year ago I tried changing my diet to natural hygiene and stopped having liquid diarrhoea.

I still have a fungal/yeast infection in my body - which I think is the result from having metals in my body.

On 7/25/2022 at 2:26 AM, TimDavid said:

ACC oral chleation is suppose to be the cheapest type of chleation compared to others like injections (using a private clinic - I have researched about), people say get results according to different times

Makes sense. Still would be thousands of dollars though if you were planning to do it for years. I do not recommend any sort of IV chelation though.

For some reason I don't get notified when a user @'s at me, I just looked at this page manually.

Typically, I would get notified as well, but this thread did not notify me. 

Why would you suggest a health coach or naturopath?

Either works great as long as they are good quality.

The user @Michael569 is a nutritional therapy practitioner. Basically, right in between a health coach and a naturopath. I worked with him for over a year and got some amazing results. Here is his website https://www.andro-health.com/

I would highly recommend him as a place to start. He is knowledgeable on stomach protocols and liver/kidney detoxing, which would lay a great foundation for doing chelation later on if you decide to do that. He does not do anything chelation specific though. However, he could address a lot of other issues. 

I had an issue with SIBO that go cured by working with him. 

- I have read Andy cutlers books

-Dr Andy cutler doesn't recommend other forms of chleation, says they can be dangerous, everyone on his fourm says that oral chleation is the best.

ACC is the most know and reliable thing for it right now. However, it is quite inefficient. One issue on that forum is that they will not let you speak about any other form of chelation. So there is a heavy bias there. If you wanted to look into alternatives, then you could not use their forum to do so. 

I have a different take than Andy Cutler.

You'll have to decide for yourself who's take is better.

I'm not gonna argue here for my own take since that would be obviously self-biased and I already made a case for it before on the forum (you can search around).

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 27/07/2022 at 6:48 PM, Average Investor said:

Makes sense. Still would be thousands of dollars though if you were planning to do it for years. I do not recommend any sort of IV chelation though.

Typically, I would get notified as well, but this thread did not notify me. 

Either works great as long as they are good quality.

The user @Michael569 is a nutritional therapy practitioner. Basically, right in between a health coach and a naturopath. I worked with him for over a year and got some amazing results. Here is his website https://www.andro-health.com/

I would highly recommend him as a place to start. He is knowledgeable on stomach protocols and liver/kidney detoxing, which would lay a great foundation for doing chelation later on if you decide to do that. He does not do anything chelation specific though. However, he could address a lot of other issues. 

I had an issue with SIBO that go cured by working with him. 

ACC is the most know and reliable thing for it right now. However, it is quite inefficient. One issue on that forum is that they will not let you speak about any other form of chelation. So there is a heavy bias there. If you wanted to look into alternatives, then you could not use their forum to do so. 

Alright

On 24/07/2022 at 5:24 PM, Average Investor said:

My symptoms of chronic mercurcy posoning, auto immune disease happened about five years ago after I received a set of vaccinations as a teenager, had bowel symptom happen to me , liquid diarrhoea.

About a year ago I tried changing my diet to natural hygiene and stopped having liquid diarrhoea.

I still have a fungal/yeast infection in my body - which I think is the result from having metals in my body.

On 28/07/2022 at 6:25 AM, Leo Gura said:

I have a different take than Andy Cutler.

You'll have to decide for yourself who's take is better.

I'm not gonna argue here for my own take since that would be obviously self-biased and I already made a case for it before on the forum (you can search around).

Your video on heavy metals is what lead me to andy cutler and his oral chleation 

Before this I was contemplating using a clinic to do chleation

How do I search and see stuff you have posted on this fourm before about heavy metals?

On 29/07/2022 at 5:46 PM, Droo_ said:

I personally don't think tests are that important especially if you feel like you are toxic. Just do a few rounds and see how it affects you. If your symptoms get worse during a round it's because you are moving the heavy metals around. I believe the problem with provoked tests is that if you are highly toxic and you consume a ton of DMSA that can cause problems. In my experience after doing about 15 rounds, it has helped my concentration and insomnia tremendously. 

Andy writes in his book the reason for doing a hair test

Yes you can self diagnose if you have a problem

I started doing oral chleation, this is what I need to go to get my life together

On 29/07/2022 at 5:46 PM, Droo_ said:

I personally don't think tests are that important especially if you feel like you are toxic. Just do a few rounds and see how it affects you. If your symptoms get worse during a round it's because you are moving the heavy metals around. I believe the problem with provoked tests is that if you are highly toxic and you consume a ton of DMSA that can cause problems. In my experience after doing about 15 rounds, it has helped my concentration and insomnia tremendously. 

@Droo_

Did you do oral taking supplements like A.C. recommends?

Did you start oral with ALA or DMSA?

Edited by TimDavid

On 8/5/2022 at 11:18 PM, TimDavid said:

@Droo_

Did you do oral taking supplements like A.C. recommends?

Did you start oral with ALA or DMSA?

If you plan to do ACC, then I would do it exactly as the protocol says to do. 

You could start with any of the chelators really. However, from the research I did it seems best to start with DMSA, then introduce a bit of ALA at a later round. 

Edited by Average Investor

@TimDavid  Join this facebook if you haven't already.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/acfanatics

Pr ecisely follow the protocol. It's as simple as it gets.

I'd say if you think you're that toxic definitely simply follow ACC protocol. They have a support group with informed people that will help you out with anything you need chelation wise, pretty much for free.

If you follow Leo's protocol, he won't be holding your hand if anything goes wrong.

I'm not that toxic and I still struggle with low doses of chelation so If you're really toxic you could hurt yourself by doing big doses.

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

20 hours ago, mmKay said:

@TimDavid  Join this facebook if you haven't already.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/acfanatics

Pr ecisely follow the protocol. It's as simple as it gets.

I'd say if you think you're that toxic definitely simply follow ACC protocol. They have a support group with informed people that will help you out with anything you need chelation wise, pretty much for free.

If you follow Leo's protocol, he won't be holding your hand if anything goes wrong.

I'm not that toxic and I still struggle with low doses of chelation so If you're really toxic you could hurt yourself by doing big doses.

I did , but I am using mostly this [ Andy Cutler Chelation - Mercury Detox Forums (andy-cutler-chelation.com)] fourm.