How to be wise

Jordon Peterson DEFENDS Trump!

64 posts in this topic

On 7/28/2022 at 10:17 AM, BlueOak said:

Mine was not a value judgment post.

1) You frame it this way because you are categorizing you and trump as just two separate entities, rather than you reacting to yourself, and the meaning/emotion you assign to the words you hear and actions you see.

2) Having an emotional or intellectual reaction doesn't mean your reaction was not beneficial/appropriate for you personally, or a wider collective.

If you want me to add labels, it doesn't mean to say a reaction is good/bad, helpful/unhelpful etc only that you are having it. This can come from unrealized parts of yourself but it can also come from parts you are aware of to some degree, often there is more there to see/feel/understand, which is why we are experiencing a situation. Life doesn't tend to put things in front of us that are unhelpful to our development, even if we really hate them.

If I were to question your experience of it, I would be falling into the trap I spoke of. I can only show you that all reactions, come from you, no matter what anyone does, all of it is from you.

You're not very intelligent.  

Both your posts are simply clever and wordy ways of saying 'you're dumb, and I'm more self-aware than you are.'  

A blatant display of spiritual and intellectual narcissism.

Edited by Heart of Space

I like Trump too. He's entertaining, hyperactive and funny. He also reduces tension. Look at Obama's times: war, war and war. Look at Biden when he ascended the throne: swift Russian invasion.

7 hours ago, Heart of Space said:

Both your posts are simply clever and wordy ways of saying 'you're dumb, and I'm more self-aware than you are.'  

Wow. Nowhere did the post say that at all. Nor would I ever say to anyone, because I am referencing parts of myself when I do so. People are complicated and there is no easy way to sum them up in a few sentences. Whenever I do that I am hating on parts of myself or the reactions I have.

My post was an attempt in simple terms to stay out of saying trump is good or bad for once, and point people generally to look at the trump aspect in themselves, or what he represents in the collective as a whole. I understand this is incredibly difficult for people, thankfully I have some distance to it, not living with it only the after-effects.

Whatever I triggered in you I apologize but take a look at yourself before lashing out.

How can I put it into clearer terms.

Its like I would have to be putting myself down or think one part of me was superior to the other. Everything is a link in chain for everything else. Everyone's perspective here is necessary, There isn't one wasted or meaningless view given. There is no hierarchy, no superiority. No matter how much I hate/love them or am triggered/supported by them outwardly, Every judgement, every insult, every friendly comment or bit of support. I understand every single thing I see, hear or view is part of the whole.

7 hours ago, BlueOak said:

Wow. Nowhere did the post say that at all. Nor would I ever say to anyone, because I am referencing parts of myself when I do so. People are complicated and there is no easy way to sum them up in a few sentences. Whenever I do that I am hating on parts of myself or the reactions I have.

My post was an attempt in simple terms to stay out of saying trump is good or bad for once, and point people generally to look at the trump aspect in themselves, or what he represents in the collective as a whole. I understand this is incredibly difficult for people, thankfully I have some distance to it, not living with it only the after-effects.

Whatever I triggered in you I apologize but take a look at yourself before lashing out.

No one is asking you for spiritual guidance in this thread, Moojiji.  :P

It's a dumb comment because you presume everyone on the thread doesn't understand the idea of reacting to yourself.

It's just a holier than thou statement.  You're in the wrong forum section for what you're talking about.

Not only that you project and make your own assumptions regarding the state of others consciousness when posting.  

2 hours ago, Heart of Space said:

No one is asking you for spiritual guidance in this thread, Moojiji.  :P

It's a dumb comment because you presume everyone on the thread doesn't understand the idea of reacting to yourself.

It's just a holier than thou statement.  You're in the wrong forum section for what you're talking about.

Not only that you project and make your own assumptions regarding the state of others consciousness when posting.  

Let's reflect this back line for line.

I sure as hell didn't ask for your comment either yet you made it. Its called conversation.

Your comment is beyond stupid. You sum people up in a couple of lines like you know anything about them.

You are being holier than thou in every post you make.

You are assigning meaning to my words that wasn't there, making continued assumptions and additions to support your own point of view.

I don't know anyone's state of consciousness from a forum post. You seem to in your own arrogance feel free to sit there in judgment insulting people for your own amusement. What does that say about you?

How to be real Wise: Troll once, twice and thrice.

First, write click bait title, JP DEFENDS !TRUMP!

Second, write whiny, the word 'Disgusted'.

Next, Netflix and chill. Exit like the ghost, leave roosters roasting over the kill hill.

Edited by Danioover9000

@Danioover9000 

Hm, idk, to troll means you need to have fun and get the lols. 

But I think OP was after a bit of sick pleasure and wanted to lure others on the team.

As far as I can tell, it's a success. If you fuck up by setting the intent and the vibe of the topic, you'll fuck up the whole thread. Starting from bad faith posts, leading to inter-personal squabbles and off-topic journeys, just like the ones we are engaging in now.

Now, let's return to the spirit of the forum, what can we learn from this? :D

Edited by Yog

On 7/27/2022 at 1:14 AM, Scholar said:

Damn can't get used to seeing Wilber with that wig on, there seems to always be something off about it. :D

It's an interesting take for sure. Nice share :)

5 hours ago, BlueOak said:

Let's reflect this back line for line.

I sure as hell didn't ask for your comment either yet you made it. Its called conversation.

Your comment is beyond stupid. You sum people up in a couple of lines like you know anything about them.

You are being holier than thou in every post you make.

You are assigning meaning to my words that wasn't there, making continued assumptions and additions to support your own point of view.

I don't know anyone's state of consciousness from a forum post. You seem to in your own arrogance feel free to sit there in judgment insulting people for your own amusement. What does that say about you?

My weiner is most likely much larger than yours in this life.  It's pretty big.  Sometimes I buckle from the shear weight of it.  

3 hours ago, thepixelmonk said:

Don't worry @BlueOak your comment was perfectly fine, @Heart of Space gets triggered easily, just ignore his antics.

Right now I have a calm and soft smile on my face as I read your post.  I'm a little over worked though if I could indulge complaining about my life.  I'm not triggered.  That's the honest truth.  :)

3 hours ago, Heart of Space said:

Right now I have a calm and soft smile on my face as I read your post.  I'm a little over worked though if I could indulge complaining about my life.  I'm not triggered.  That's the honest truth.  :)

Not surprised. Its what narcs do. They can dehumanize people insult them, have little empathy or feeling. All the time feeling disconnected or above what's going on. In this case your attempt to moderate someone's else's conversation and assume control of it. All the time thinking themselves smug and superior.

Having dealt with narcs most of my life I should have spotted your pattern.

Edited by BlueOak

17 hours ago, BlueOak said:

Not surprised. Its what narcs do. They can dehumanize people insult them, have little empathy or feeling. All the time feeling disconnected or above what's going on. In this case your attempt to moderate someone's else's conversation and assume control of it. All the time thinking themselves smug and superior.

Having dealt with narcs most of my life I should have spotted your pattern.

You're reacting too strong to words on your screen.  :)

7 hours ago, Heart of Space said:

You're reacting too strong to words on your screen.  :)

This is also a common narcs response to dismiss another's reaction as unimportant, lesser, or incorrect. You can't moderate how others respond.

Its been a helpful demonstration as the original post was highlighting that anyone is capable of narcissistic patterns.

@JoeVolcano

19 hours ago, JoeVolcano said:

What's his take in 1 paragraph please?

Thanks

His take is this to the rebel wisdom con artist: This depends on so many factors like stage of development, cognitive and moral development, personality typing, states of being, life experiences and other lines of development. I have spent many years studying development psychology, also have issues with my hair habit, and I can see JP'S blindspot as a pundit psychologist muself, and see he is a very angry and bitter person, fit for psychology but not so for politics. Also suffer from boomeritis so excuse my hypocrisy for not being too critical of tradition and hierarchy that JP also suffers from, end of take.

On 7/30/2022 at 4:33 AM, Heart of Space said:

On 7/30/2022 at 7:31 PM, Heart of Space said:

Not only that "you" project and make your own assumptions regarding the state of others consciousness when posting.  

On 7/31/2022 at 4:07 AM, Heart of Space said:

I'm not triggered.

On 8/1/2022 at 1:14 AM, Heart of Space said:

You're reacting too strong to words on your screen.

I almost reached peak enlightenment off of reading this, realizing that life is nothing but an illusion, because that shit can't be real. Like a human could never make this up. This is some divine work of art unfolding right before our eyes. I think we should take a moment of silence to appreciate the sheer beauty of this present moment. It's truly a masterpiece of godlike perfection and loving intelligence. My magnum opus.

beep boop

On 7/30/2022 at 5:06 PM, Danioover9000 said:

Next, Netflix and chill

I like this comment.^

I eat popcorn.

@hyruga

On 30/07/2022 at 10:47 AM, hyruga said:

I like Trump too. He's entertaining, hyperactive and funny. He also reduces tension. Look at Obama's times: war, war and war. Look at Biden when he ascended the throne: swift Russian invasion.

Yes, Trump is entertaining, no denying that. He is the people's trumpet, pet peeve of fascist dykes that have no mouth but must scream all night long.

Honestly, when I heard he was running for office, I thought I drunk too much rum, deep in trouble, but um, where's the rum gone? Uh, upside down from upstairs, the bottles were right, that Obama's fuck ups and over sight gave Trump the right rump timing to rub up frictions, from a smouldering ember, to almost hell fire.

Maybe this spoiled rich brat's secret, is a rat secretion of the coffee pot? Or a toffee machine top? Probably not, alternative thought is the tea pot, re-mixes well with bleach  and coffee too, ah, hits the spot! Who the hell said coffee pot? A talking M&M? Must be the rum talking again.

I'm a skittles fan instead, for the thrills. Why? Riddle me this: rich vs rich, money vs money: who wins? Honey drenched riches, and not the poor ditches of soil that toiled for the riches over brittle holes left of the rich pyramid swiss chess! Cuz all that simple cypher message did is massage the divide between left and right some more. The country's getting more torn, can't take anymore of this polarisation of this nation anymore.

Sadly, all that cypher yapsody, tapistries into shitty faggotry. Fact is your frap's got meak, and must, sooner or later, come to an end, so don't pretend  your better than the president, mounted high horse is immortal and other than the mortal president you speak off, you mid forties peak park resident. It's amoral barking, nothing to address the presidence of our present times. Morally, the sooner your memorial, the faster this coral system recovers, unlike Recovery, albeit a slower bummer, roughly half the sales and half the lyrical numbers, leaving me in hysterics. Let's skip that and kit kat into skittles instead of M&Ms, at least the colours more brilliant and authentic than the dark chocolate in your skeleton closet, should've flossed it and tossed it and lost it faster than a Hailey's comit, instead of losing it to your muse sickled mind!

I'm sorry for derailing the thread, if you read this far, got a trending idea in my head to get out of my chest. Maybe gotta contact JP, to help examine my Pie psyche, to find the one key to rule them all.?

Edited by Danioover9000