How to be wise

Jordon Peterson DEFENDS Trump!

64 posts in this topic

Disgusting.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

The fall of Peterson.

He has been acting up a lot lately. 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

@How to be wise

2 hours ago, How to be wise said:

Disgusting.

A good example of inversion. Jordan Peterson has good insights and expertise into psychology, but bad insights into politics.

He has already lost the teenager crowd.  Andrew Tate says the same things without crying.

Vincit omnia Veritas.

@Arcangelo

13 hours ago, Arcangelo said:

I like Trump, he's very entertaining and funny.

Yes, he has a good, twisted sense of humour, that makes you feel a guilty sense of pleasure for partaking in. Very skilled con artist.

Comparing him to JP though, makes JP look smarter.

That's what it all boils down to. People like JP or Joe Rogan love to beat around the bush with complex arguments which seem reasonable, but at the end of the day when it comes to vote between Hilary/Biden vs Trump, they will vote Trump. And this tells you how awful their logic is. And their audience will mostly do the same.

You can just ask a sophisticated person, "Biden vs Trump? Who will you vote for?" and when they say Trump or hesitate for a few seconds, you just laugh and never take any of their political ideas seriously ever again.

I love that Trump is such a sharp litmus test of political intelligence. Anyone who endorses him will go down in history as a buffoon supporting the anti-christ. It's especially pathetic when spiritual people do this.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

21 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

That's what it all boils down to. People like JP or Joe Rogan love to beat around the bush with complex arguments which seem reasonable, but at the end of the day when it comes to vote between Hilary/Biden vs Trump, they will vote Trump. And this tells you how awful their logic is. And their audience will mostly do the same.

You can just ask a sophisticated person, "Biden vs Trump? Who will you vote for?" and when they say Trump or hesitate for a few seconds, you just laugh and never take any of their political ideas seriously ever again.

I love that Trump is such a sharp litmus test of political intelligence. Anyone who endorses him will go down in history as a buffoon supporting the anti-christ. It's especially pathetic when spiritual people do this.

I now get why JP supports Trump, but I think it's still scary that more and more intellectuals like him have been supporting Trump. They've been manipulated by the Devil and they don't even realize it.

Btw, Kyle asked JP in the above vid if he agrees with the idea that it's the corporations and the wealthy donors that have been the root cause of all of the corruption and the problems associated with our country's core institutions, particularly with our entire government. JP response to that was that he and other people he has talk to like Russell Brand, think that the main problem is really when anything gets too big, whether it be large businesses getting too big or the government getting too big. Do you agree with that assessment? Or does someone like you, who has always been for bigger government think that actually the government should always be the biggest and most powerful institution in any country?

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

I'd argue not even just for political intelligence!  It can easily be a litmus test for many other areas I've found lol

Trump is total dogshit and not really funny except for people who have Facebook brain.

Edited by hoodrow trillson

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Overall this concept of litmus tests for what level people are at is a very powerful idea.

It is applicable to other areas other than just politics.

21 hours ago, How to be wise said:

Disgusting.

While I don't agree with his political decision his point is the point I have consistently been saying. The Democrats are losing because they do not support the working class. Historically they did, but over time they started focusing mainly on the professional class, they became elitist in a similar vein to the Republicans. Majority of Americans are neither rich (Republicans appeal to them) or Professional Class (Democrats appeal to them) so as a result the majority of America is not being represented by either parties.

The problem is the Democrats advertise themselves as the party for the people which is a blatant lie. As a result this creates a lot of anger in people because they would rather deal with the devil they know (someone who is directly disingenuous) than someone who tries to appear to be in favor of supporting you but is really dealing in bad faith.

Again I don't agree with his decision but many former Democratic Voters and Independent Voters voted for Republicans because of this. The Democrats are expected to be the good guys, and they have failed to live up to that standard.

The Republicans are like the enemy in plain sight.

The Democrats are like spies, where some are on your side but some are double spies.

Edited by Razard86

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

16 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

While I don't agree with his political decision his point is the point I have consistently been saying. The Democrats are losing because they do not support the working class. Historically they did, but over time they started focusing mainly on the professional class, they became elitist in a similar vein to the Republicans. Majority of Americans are neither rich (Republicans appeal to them) or Professional Class (Democrats appeal to them) so as a result the majority of America is not being represented by either parties.

The problem is the Democrats advertise themselves as the party for the people which is a blatant lie. As a result this creates a lot of anger in people because they would rather deal with the devil they know (someone who is directly disingenuous) than someone who tries to appear to be in favor of supporting you but is really dealing in bad faith.

Again I don't agree with his decision but many former Democratic Voters and Independent Voters voted for Republicans because of this. The Democrats are expected to be the good guys, and they have failed to live up to that standard.

The Republicans are like the enemy in plain sight.

The Democrats are like spies, where some are on your side but some are double spies.

I agree with a lot of what you're saying here, but in what way do any of the working and middle class people who have voted Republicans think or feel like their lives have significantly improved in any way from voting for Trump or any of the other Republican politicians? 

Yeah, Trump and the Republican controlled Congress presided over a good and strong growing economy during his first three years of his presidency. However, they ultimately let the whole whole economy get fucked up like never before during Trump's last year as president. Yes, the beginning of the COVID crisis did coincide with the general election year, but if Trump and the Republicans in Congress had done a much better job with preparing everyone in America for the arrival of the COVID pandemic, had a much better public health response, truly helped workers, had not greatly cut and dismantled the safety nets that were much needed for the COVID crisis, took enough responsibility for state and local struggles all around the country, and genuinely tried to help small businesses, then the damage done to millions upon millions of lives, economically and health-wise wouldn't have been nearly as terrible as it was.

As for Republicans taking pride in being more of the party of "Law and Order" than Democrats are. What a joke. During 2020, Trump presided over the worst kind of civil unrest that ever occurred since the 60s. Experts even said that the extremely racist dog whistles and extremely divisive rhetoric of Trump, the right-wing media, and GOP were all largely responsible for most if not all of the chaos and disorder that occurred during that year. Let's also not forget which party was responsible for the almost unprecedented barbaric Jan 6th capitol riot incident. Also, since the late 70s, Repubs have always been for extreme levels of economic deregulation, absolute gun rights for everybody, anti-health mandates, anti-environmental regulation, and no moderation of any kind of speech (even if it incites any kind of violence and promotes any kind of dangerous conspiracy theories). If anything, I think that Democrats, particularly moderate Dems, have always been the true party of Law and Order.

Regarding the notion that Republicans have been better at maintaining border security and protecting our country from foreign enemies, what have have Trump and the Republicans done to increase our safely from foreign enemies or foreign invaders?

As for the military and foreign affairs, we all know that the GOP have always had worse military and foreign policies ever since the Bush era.

Edited by Hardkill

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It would be nice if you told us either via a blog link/video or a blog that you can write what exactly makes Trump so bad. Personally i am European and outside some dumb shit he has said when it comes to external relations i dont see what exactly he did wrong. You mentioned once filling the supreme court with religious ideologous which is a valid point. It is hard to find this stuff online from non biased sources. Personally im not a fan of him because he is clearly too conservative for my taste but during his time no wars were started by the US (unlike Obama) and the economy grew quite well. His handling of Covid crisis was horrible imo.

Idk what else to add, would be interested to hear what exactly makes Trump so bad from a non biased source (either you or a source you think is non biased), it is hard to find them when you re not american and totally clueless about what goes on there in an internal level.

1 hour ago, Hardkill said:

I agree with a lot of what you're saying here, but in what way do any of the working and middle class people who have voted Republicans think or feel like their lives have significantly improved in any way from voting for Trump or any of the other Republican politicians? 

Everything you said is true regarding what benefit would it give to them, do you really believe the American public to be rational? Majority of human behavior is generated/motivated by emotions. When people feel betrayed let down many people will engage in rebellion. 

https://forimpact.org/buy-on-emotion-justify-on-logic/#:~:text=The late great sales trainer,emotion and justify on logic.

Logic is how we map and see the world, emotion is how we respond to that map, and the errors in said map. I believe it was an act of revenge by the voting public and also Jordan Peterson. Its akin to I expected more of you. One of the problems of being the "good guy" is when you act unbecoming of that identity you are essentially crucified whereas an anti-hero can damn near get away with murder.

https://rollcall.com/2019/07/29/how-third-party-votes-sunk-clinton-what-they-mean-for-trump/

The vote for lesser of two evils doesn't work in Politics, they would rather waste their vote than support someone they don't trust. Its not rational from a logical standpoint but emotionally it makes sense.

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

1 hour ago, Razard86 said:

Everything you said is true regarding what benefit would it give to them, do you really believe the American public to be rational? Majority of human behavior is generated/motivated by emotions. When people feel betrayed let down many people will engage in rebellion. 

https://forimpact.org/buy-on-emotion-justify-on-logic/#:~:text=The late great sales trainer,emotion and justify on logic.

Logic is how we map and see the world, emotion is how we respond to that map, and the errors in said map. I believe it was an act of revenge by the voting public and also Jordan Peterson. Its akin to I expected more of you. One of the problems of being the "good guy" is when you act unbecoming of that identity you are essentially crucified whereas an anti-hero can damn near get away with murder.

https://rollcall.com/2019/07/29/how-third-party-votes-sunk-clinton-what-they-mean-for-trump/

The vote for lesser of two evils doesn't work in Politics, they would rather waste their vote than support someone they don't trust. Its not rational from a logical standpoint but emotionally it makes sense.

Yeah, most people in America are indeed too stupid and too underdeveloped, which is basically why they are more easily influenced by right-wing propaganda than left-wing propaganda.

However, Trump lost to Hillary Clinton in the popular vote by a lot in the 2016, and Trump lost to Biden in both the popular vote and the electoral college decisively (though you could also argue that Biden was about 43,000 votes away from losing the electoral college given his three narrowest state victories—Wisconsin, Georgia, and Arizona, all of which he won by less than a percentage point). Also, the Republicans lost control of the House in 2018, failed to gain back control of it in 2020, and lost control of the Senate after the entire 2020 general election finally ended. Why do you think those results happened? Also, why have the Republicans never won the popular vote for any presidential election since 1992 (except once in 2004)? Furthermore, why has the US Senate always represented way more Democrat voters than Republican voters since about the 1950s?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/mar/12/us-senate-system-white-conservative-minority

https://www.vox.com/2015/1/6/7500935/trende-senate-vote-share

You go back even further than the 1950s, and you'll see according to wikipedia than the US Senate actually never represented the majority of American voters since 1933 (except for perhaps one short period from 1947-49, when the Republicans had about a 3 seat majority in the Senate and when both Democrats and Republicans each represented big states and small states). Why is that?

Edited by Hardkill
more specifics

2 hours ago, Karmadhi said:

It would be nice if you told us either via a blog link/video or a blog that you can write what exactly makes Trump so bad.

It feels like an insult to my intelligence to have to spell that out.

It's like asking me to explain why Hitler was so bad.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I don't know whether some Americans are just fishes who don't know they're in water, but over here Trump is an obvious pathological liar, ruthless manipulator, etc etc.

3 minutes ago, UnbornTao said:

I don't know whether some Americans are just fishes who don't know they're in water, but over here Trump is an obvious pathological liar, ruthless manipulator, etc etc.

Probably because European media shits on him a lot. 

But still there are boomers who are blind to it. 

2 hours ago, Hardkill said:

Yeah, most people in America are indeed too stupid and too underdeveloped, which is basically why they are more easily influenced by right-wing propaganda than left-wing propaganda.

However, Trump lost to Hillary Clinton in the popular vote by a lot in the 2016, and Trump lost to Biden in both the popular vote and the electoral college decisively (though you could also argue that Biden was about 43,000 votes away from losing the electoral college given his three narrowest state victories—Wisconsin, Georgia, and Arizona, all of which he won by less than a percentage point). Also, the Republicans lost control of the House in 2018, failed to gain back control of it in 2020, and lost control of the Senate after the entire 2020 general election finally ended. Why do you think those results happened? Also, why have the Republicans never won the popular vote for any presidential election since 1992 (except once in 2004)? Furthermore, why has the US Senate always represented way more Democrat voters than Republican voters since about the 1950s?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/mar/12/us-senate-system-white-conservative-minority

https://www.vox.com/2015/1/6/7500935/trende-senate-vote-share

You go back even further than the 1950s, and you'll see according to wikipedia than the US Senate actually never represented the majority of American voters since 1933 (except for perhaps one short period from 1947-49, when the Republicans had about a 3 seat majority in the Senate and when both Democrats and Republicans each represented big states and small states). Why is that?

I like you, you are deeply rooted in the history. Well I do know that it was proven that Al Gore was supposed to win the Election against George Bush. And even though you are correct about the Popular Vote we both know that the Popular Vote when it comes to the Presidency is a waste of time. That relic from Slavery called the Electoral College is the end all be all and the Politicians strategically campaign with that in mind. 

So while its true Hilary won the popular vote that is just a consolation prize because she traveled the country targeting the areas based on Electoral College votes not based on population. 

I believe the same reason that Trump won is the same reason that Biden won. Biden was a protest vote also, since Trump basically was the worst President that ever presided over a national emergency in history. He is like the polar opposite of Lincoln. Even Republican voters voted for Biden. Biden is not more popular than Obama, but as you stated EVEN Georgia voted for him. I live in Georgia and Georgia is Republican. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politics_of_Georgia_(U.S._state)#:~:text=However the state of Georgia,PVI rating of R%2B3.

When the next elections come Georgia will go back to being Republican they won't be a true swing state till like 10 years from now.

Those results happened because majority of the Democratic Platform the public supports. The only issues that the general public has with the Democratic party is their support of minorities which the majority of America still has issues with (mostly the Boomers) and as a result Republicans can pull votes using Christianity and talking about Dems restricting freedoms like business and guns to get them on their side. You know, use fear tactics.

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It's like asking me to explain why Hitler was so bad.

I'm curious if you've ever been politically open-minded enough to deeply explore the arguments behind something like holocaust denial for yourself, or if it's something that seems so absurd to you that you just take it as a given or not worth your time, similar to flat earth.