ShardMare

Focusing on pain, anhedonia, emptiness,depression

20 posts in this topic

Im trying to figure out whats still keeping me depressed. Recently watched a video on dr.k yt channel.

I feel as like i should be feelig more. Ive started to consume less dopamine.

Im going to gym everyday, meditating,perfect diet, fapping every 2nd week.

Also I think i will ask my psych to also raise my antidepressant intake

I started to pay attention more,accept more pain, most of the day i feel depressed and i feel it.

What will happen if i keep feeling suffering? Will i get an insight. Be able to laugh more or help on my depression?

What do u think

Even if your diet is clean, you may be eating something that is specifically having that reaction to you 

also make sure you aren’t low vitamin D or low testosterone if you are male 

I'd look into depth psychotherapy. I wish you well.

The r/cptsd (subreddit) wiki will have some stuff you will likely find valuable

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

There's something to be dug up there, the antidepressants won't do it for you, it just tries to mask/makes you dissociate from it - which is why you feel that you should feel more.

Therapy and low dose psychedelics like mushrooms are pretty good combination. I should mention don't take psychedelics with anti-depressants could lead to serotonin overload.

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

14 hours ago, ShardMare said:

Also I think i will ask my psych to also raise my antidepressant intake

never take antidepressants it's a misguided treatment. Why addict people to a drug that will have no effect in six months and there forced to continue taking it Or else experience hell. don't look for easy solutions from a pill. 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

23 minutes ago, ShardMare said:

but what if i just have imbalance in my brains chemistry

Fix the root of the problem, antidepressants do not balance brain chemistry long-term. Start with probiotics and gut health, all of the serotonin in the brain is produced by the gut microbiome. Look for causes of the imbalance and work with a functional medical practitioner to figure this out. Traditional western doctor do not have knowledge of this or the answers that will help you, use them as a tool to take tests. 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

2 hours ago, ShardMare said:

@Ulax ive already looked into it. It didnt help me

@puporing @integral but what if i just have imbalance in my brains chemistry

Its not always psychology

Okay dude. No worries

Be-Do-Have

6 hours ago, ShardMare said:

@puporing @integral but what if i just have imbalance in my brains chemistry

Its not always psychology

Yeah I get that, it's just if it's not resolving it then there's maybe more to look into.

How it worked for me was therapy and then there was some lingering depression which taking anti-depressants short term helped lifted me out of it. I mean this was purely experimentation on my part so maybe different for you. Just experiment and see, also you can try different anti-depressants too, some are way more compatible to you than others.

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

On 7/23/2022 at 11:38 AM, integral said:

never take antidepressants it's a misguided treatment. Why addict people to a drug that will have no effect in six months and there forced to continue taking it Or else experience hell. don't look for easy solutions from a pill. 

This is wreckless advice.

Yeah I agree I'm skeptical of anti-depressants, but don't tell people not to take them. You are not a doctor, and you don't know that person.

Anti-depressants do help some people. You should never advise anyone to take or not to take their medications.

If you want to advise on the impact it could potentially have and just state facts, then fine, but you're not an expert or a professional.

Telling someone to take or not to take medications is irresponsible. 

No one on here should be saying this. Give people the facts and let them decide for themselves.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't you the guy who gave his girlfriend a psychedelic and it harmed her mental health massively?

@ShardMare - Take everyone's advice about medications on here with a pinch of salt.

I personally don't ever want to take anti-depressants, but they can be useful in some situations if someone is really bad. 

Anti-depressants have saved lives, even if they are not a good long term solution, that's a fact. 

I'm not a fan, but some people have said it's helped them, so I wont argue with them. Read into the science, anecdotes and evidence, and then decide for yourself. 

Edited by ZenAlex

2 hours ago, ZenAlex said:

Yeah I agree I'm skeptical of anti-depressants, but don't tell people not to take them. You are not a doctor, and you don't know that person.

Have you considered that doctors aren't doctors?

2 hours ago, ZenAlex said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't you the guy who gave his girlfriend a psychedelic and it harmed her mental health massively?

That was her decision and idea, more importantly it takes a great deal of openmindness to experiment.

The entire healthcare industry is deeply corrupt by businessman and corperations, the education system doctors receive is  corrupt and slow to change, the entire system is barbaric.

Again you're peddling standard worldviews.

there are far better treatment plans to treating depression, anti-depressants is a multi trillion dollar product.

Edited by integral

3 hours ago, ZenAlex said:

Anti-depressants do help some people. You should never advise anyone to take or not to take their medications.

It's not about some people it's about mass miss treatment. when you walk into a doctors office and you mention depression first thing they do is give you antidepressants, there is no deep intelligence to it, they are simply Robots repeating what they were taught in school.

A single probiotic containing the bacteria that manufactures serotonin in the intestines is 100 times more powerful than any anti-depressant, doctors have no knowledge of this because they weren't taught this in school because it doesn't make money for corporations.

Doctors are not researchers, doctors are not experimenters, doctors do not revise their treatment plans depending on the results of patients and figuring out which treatment plan works best, doctors are not thinkers, doctors are the equivalent of a factory worker pressing a button in an assembly line. they spend 10 Years blindly memorizing whatever they were told in school without learning how to think for themselves and now their job is to repeat it every day assuming it's all true.

The Op choose to take anti-depressants on his own, this was not a doctors decision. when you walk into a doctors office and say what you want they give it to you. So the issue here is not about following your doctors orders, its about his belief on how to threat his issues. There is no good ending with him increasing his anti-depression medication (what he wants to do). What he needs to do is take control of his own health. Doctors do not have solutions for these kind of issues. 

Also your entire argument is an appeal to authority. "your not a doctor so you know nothing". a logical fallacy. 

Edited by integral

@integral yes i agree. I listen to everybody carefully and with a pinch of salt.

@integral i agree with you there are problems with doctors. 

See i try to tackle my depression from many angles. Or i try so. 

My health is really good. The thinking is really good, i just realized my sh*t thinking patterns. The journaling i do, the goals i write, the principles i try to live by.

I dont have a bad chilhood, traumas.

I dont know where my depression comes from.

So ive decided I try to be openminded and go to the doctor. First she prescribed easier stuff then we worked up to antidepressant.

On the first day when i took antidepressant i felt really good, i laughed all day. I felt anxiety but also i guess my real self. 

Try “break through pain” and “break through difficult emotions” by Shinzen Young 

20 hours ago, integral said:

Also your entire argument is an appeal to authority. "your not a doctor so you know nothing". a logical fallacy. 

When did I ever say this? When did I ever say a single word of this? When did I even imply this shit?

You are doing the same shit you always fucking do on every fucking thread. You twist and manipulate what I say.

I never said you knew nothing, on the contrary, I said you're more than welcome to try and advise him on the subject. You may be very knowledgeable on the subject. AND I DON'T DISAGREE WITH YOU. I don't want to take medications either, and I realise the issues they can cause, and you are well within your right to educate him.

But just give him the information and let him make his own mind up!!!!!!

The issue I took is that you told him NOT to take medications. IT IS NOT YOUR PLACE TO TELL PEOPLE NOT TO TAKE THEM.

You shouldn't do this. You don't know his circumstances. NEVER EVER EVER tell someone to take or not to take meds.

This is not me forcing me view on you, you are forcing your view on him by telling him not to take meds.

I'm not saying take meds or don't take meds THAT IS WHAT YOU ARE FUCKING DOING!!!

As much as I may not want to go on meds myself, I know people who would be dead without them right now, so what you are saying is irresponsible. 

This is the final straw with you. I'm adding you to my ignore list, I can't be bothered to deal with your slimy personality anymore. 

You misrepresent what I say, you often don't focus on what the person is actually saying and just them themselves. 

You have the audacity to sit there and preach to me and others at times about their own bias and paradigms, yes you are so sure of yourself that you think you have the right to tell someone not to take medications. 

What you have said to him is irresponsible and reckless. 

@ShardMare

As @Leo Gura says right at the top of this section. SEEK PROFESSIONAL HELP FOR SERIOUS ISSUES.

As much as anyone on this forum wants to believe they know best, if someone in deep shit mentally/physically needs support, remember that we're just a bunch of random people on internet.

As much as you may want to argue about corruption or incompetence at times in professional fields, you need to make a decision, and if you're in serious shit mental/physical health wise, and you want to know who to listen to, your safest option is professionals.

By all means educate yourself, don't blindly trust authority, just realise that no one on here has anything more than info we gathered over the internet.

If someone is telling you do something as a substitute for professional help, be very concerned. 

If I was in your situation, from what you've described, I'd personally not take them, but I don't know you, so I wont tell you not to take them. You may not have fully articulated your issues.

Edited by ZenAlex

4 hours ago, ZenAlex said:

As much as you may want to argue about corruption or incompetence at times in professional fields, you need to make a decision, and if you're in serious shit mental/physical health wise, and you want to know who to listen to, your safest option is professionals.

Why is that the safest option? So they can put you on anti-psychotics?  9_99_99_9

By all means educate yourself, don't blindly trust authority, just realise that no one on here has anything more than info we gathered over the internet.

I have 10 years of direct experience with these exact issues and have solved them. That is more valuable then any professional. 

If someone is telling you do something as a substitute for professional help, be very concerned. 

If someone is telling you to seek professional advice be very concerned. 

I never said you knew nothing, on the contrary, I said you're more than welcome to try and advise him on the subject. You may be very knowledgeable on the subject. AND I DON'T DISAGREE WITH YOU. I don't want to take medications either, and I realise the issues they can cause, and you are well within your right to educate him.

But just give him the information and let him make his own mind up!!!!!!

The issue I took is that you told him NOT to take medications. IT IS NOT YOUR PLACE TO TELL PEOPLE NOT TO TAKE THEM.

Why is it not my place? I think he should not increase his anti-depressant mediation, in time get off of them and find the root of the issue and solve it. 

As much as I may not want to go on meds myself, I know people who would be dead without them right now, so what you are saying is irresponsible. 

I know people who died because of them, so what your saying is irresponsible. I know people whos lives where destroyed because they went down the rabbit hole of professional advice.

All medications don't make sense in 99.99% of circumstances. We are playing around with the idea of anti-depressants because there are no alternatives our culture presents to us. There are full 100% solutions, instead we are talking about anti-depressants. 

I disagree with you on everything besides that he needs to take control of his own health. 

Its an assumption that I'm being irresponsible or that you know what is or isn't responsible. The comment personality addressed by character and told me I was being irresponsible and so i reversed it and now your complaining that i misrepresented you.

There is always a narrative of reason in your comments, the politicly correct narrative. I'm not misrepresenting, I disagree with the entire narrative. If there where no professional we would tell people to find the wisest people with the most experiences and ask them for solutions. The kicker is, there are no professionals! That's not entirely true, there are some really good ones out there, but you wont find them. 

Edited by integral

4 hours ago, ZenAlex said:

@ShardMare

As @Leo Gura says right at the top of this section. SEEK PROFESSIONAL HELP FOR SERIOUS ISSUES.

As much as anyone on this forum wants to believe they know best, if someone in deep shit mentally/physically needs support, remember that we're just a bunch of random people on internet.

If I was in your situation, from what you've described, I'd personally not take them, but I don't know you, so I wont tell you not to take them. You may not have fully articulated your issues.

I like this perspective from @ZenAlex.

Looking into the potential for neurodivergence might be of value too, i.e. ADHD.

I understand re depth psychotherapy not working for you btw @ShardMare. Sorry to hear that.

Be-Do-Have

@Ulax idk i might be neurodivergent.

Maybe asperger syndrome matches me on somewhat level but who knows?

My psychiatrist doesnt really said i might be something like this.

Sometimes im repeating words.

Its kinda weird to hear but im making weird sounds in front of my brother.

When i was in 5th grade and younger i used to play that im a cat and meow. 

But mostly i view these as a joke u kno.

I have mostly the same routine.

@ShardMare I get ya.

I do all those things too, as well as in the context of joking. I'm diagnosed ADHD myself. I understand there is an overlap between autism and ADHD symptoms too.

Be-Do-Have