soos_mite_ah

Considering Liposuction

57 posts in this topic

If you're consistently eating healthy and exercising now so you think you can maintain it, I say go for it. I'm probably in the minority here because I'd also say get fillers, eyelid surgery, or whatever else you need to looksmax and feel more comfortable and confident.

Maybe try Cryolipolysis first though since it's non-surgical and less invasive.

I do worry that you'll gain it back, or maybe a lot of fat is sitting on your organs so liposuction won't fix the problem. Not sure what the info on that is.

1 hour ago, Average Investor said:

Do you think if you went through with surgery that you would really never have to think about it again? Would it solve the root issue? 

Part of me genuinely thinks this. I feel like I've been doing a lot of work regarding dealing with the other traumas that have led me to feeling the way I do about my body. But I still find myself hitting a wall. That said, even though it feels like it, I'm willing to do as much inner work as possible so that this doesn't turn into constantly fixing things. But even then in the end of the day, even if you sort everything out, you might still have parts of yourself that you just don't like. And that's ok and i think it's up to you to decide where to go from there. 

I say a part of me because I do still think that there is some more work to be done after I move out of my parent's house and graduate from college as I'm not in the best of environment. I'm still thinking of waiting a couple more years before doing this both because I'm looking into my options, healing other issues, taking care of my health, and of course, money is a factor as well. I don't just have a few thousand dollars laying around lol.  

51 minutes ago, Yarco said:

Maybe try Cryolipolysis first though since it's non-surgical and less invasive.

I'm also looking into that option as well. I guess it will depend on cost and the number of sessions depending on the area that is being treated. I think I would prefer to do the cool sculpting since it isn't invasive but I have some doubts. I feel like the pictures I have seen for that were mainly pictures of people who have a pound or two to go or like a very small area where as lipo has more results. Then again idk, there are variety of factors involved and there isn't a way of knowing unless I talk to a professional about my goals and what would be the best course of action. 

Edited by soos_mite_ah

I have faith in the person I am becoming xD

https://www.theupwardspiral.blog/

5 hours ago, Michael569 said:

See if living without Instagram, Facebook & Youtube (100% removal of apps and locking of accounts by another person) would help you feel better about yourself one month from now

I think this is especially important. Instagram makes me go from “hey, there, gorgeous piece of art” to “what’s up you ugly broke Shrek” within a matter of hours. 

Also, what kind of workouts do you do? 

20 minutes ago, no_name said:

Also, what kind of workouts do you do? 

I do weight lifting and I walk around a lot.

I haven't updated this journal in a whlie because I've been travelling but here are some more details: 

@soos_mite_ah if most of your day work/school is sedentary though, working out 3-4 days a week is not enough. You should aim to work out every day for at least an hour (walks don’t count).

Try doing 5-10K runs (outside) 5-7 days a week and you will be shocked how fast your belly fat disappears if you’re consistent. 

Workout in a sports bra so you train yourself to flex your belly muscles all the time. Walk straight and keep your belly muscles flexed/belly sucked in throughout the day.

Try fitness classes as well, some of them can be so much fun you will forget you are working out whatsoever. 

Edited by no_name

2 minutes ago, no_name said:

@soos_mite_ah if most of your day work/school is sedentary though, working out 3-4 days a week is not enough. You should aim to work out every day for at least an hour (walks don’t count).

Wouldn't that just be over training?? Your muscles need time to rest and recover in order to build and adjust. I found that for me personally, if I do more than 4 times a week, I tend to burn myself out or get obsessive to where my workouts aren't as good anymore. 3-4 weeks works for me because it gives me some flexibility in my schedule and it lets me listen to my body.  

3 minutes ago, no_name said:

Workout in a sports bra so you train yourself to flex your belly muscles all the time. 

What do sports bras have to do with flexing your abs lmaooo 
That doesn't even make sense 

4 minutes ago, no_name said:

Walk straight and keep your belly muscles flexed/belly sucked in throughout the day.

Lol, been doing this since I was 10 because of ~~**insecurities**~~

5 minutes ago, no_name said:

Try doing 5-10K runs 5-7 days a week and you will be shocked how fast your belly fat disappears if you’re consistent. 

I suppose I could try that... Gonna be honest, I'm into cardio (especially running, I could deal with the bike or eliptical though since that's kind of fun for me) so it's hard for me to be consistent. I've basically been doing workouts I genuinely enjoy so that I could get into the habit of it and so I can get rid of the negative connotation I had with the gym for a long time. 

1 minute ago, soos_mite_ah said:

Wouldn't that just be over training?? Your muscles need time to rest and recover in order to build and adjust. I found that for me personally, if I do more than 4 times a week, I tend to burn myself out or get obsessive to where my workouts aren't as good anymore. 3-4 weeks works for me because it gives me some flexibility in my schedule and it lets me listen to my body.  

You don’t do the same exercise every day for 5-7 days. Plus the way most people exercise looks like a nap anyways, so I don’t know what exactly they are “recovering” from.

4 minutes ago, soos_mite_ah said:

What do sports bras have to do with flexing your abs lmaooo 
That doesn't even make sense 

The fact that you see yourself in a mirror when you workout and you can see whether you’re flexing your abs or not when you’re wearing a sports bra, it makes you “extra flex”. Duhhh ?

@no_name My typical workout looks something like this:

• Walk to the gym from my car or dorm for 10 minutes.  
  • 4 sets of dumbell chest presses with 25lbs on each hand and 4 sets of bicep curls with 20lbs in each hand alternating. Each set is for 15 reps
  • 4 sets calf raises at 280 lbs with 10 reps per set 
  • 4 sets of leg presses at 430 lbs for 15 reps per set 
  • 4 sets of low rows at 105 lbs  with 10 reps per set alternating with 4 sets of either tricep push downs (70lbs) or lat pulldowns (85lbs) with 10 reps per set. 
  • And then I either do more weight lifting or I get on the treadmill for 20 minutes at 3mph with the incline on 6. I'm trying to work my way to 12 so I could do the 12-3-30 challenge
  • Afterwards I walk 10 minutes back to my dorm or car. 

This usually amounts to about an hour and 20 minutes for me.  

Edited by soos_mite_ah

Maybe read heal your metabolism if you haven’t? Also check out Matt Blackburn. There’s allot wrong with diet culture and it’s really easy to get sucked into it.

Try doing heavy compound exerccises like bench press, deadlift, squat etc. This will build more muscle which will require more calories to maintain.

Also try ab exercises to get toned abs which will balance out the fat. I recomment the ab roller and hanging leg raises.

Finally, do a sport or activity that burns a lot of calories. My favourite is MMA as it works you in pretty much every physical way possible and its really fun.

You could just have weak abs. 

So your guts stick out. 

I'd go with what's the most self-loving option. ?

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

8 hours ago, soos_mite_ah said:

@no_name My typical workout looks something like this:

• Walk to the gym from my car or dorm for 10 minutes.  
  • 4 sets of dumbell chest presses with 25lbs on each hand and 4 sets of bicep curls with 20lbs in each hand alternating. Each set is for 15 reps
  • 4 sets calf raises at 280 lbs with 10 reps per set 
  • 4 sets of leg presses at 430 lbs for 15 reps per set 
  • 4 sets of low rows at 105 lbs  with 10 reps per set alternating with 4 sets of either tricep push downs (70lbs) or lat pulldowns (85lbs) with 10 reps per set. 
  • And then I either do more weight lifting or I get on the treadmill for 20 minutes at 3mph with the incline on 6. I'm trying to work my way to 12 so I could do the 12-3-30 challenge
  • Afterwards I walk 10 minutes back to my dorm or car. 

This usually amounts to about an hour and 20 minutes for me.  

You need to add in core work and lower body. Start working you’re core every day even for 10 minutes. Planks, hip dips, side planks, Russian twists, mountain climbers.  
More full, body weight excercise needed just using machine weights not enough.  Build a strong core.

Just did a quick YouTube search and found her she has loads of workouts, for example doing these types of things every morning.

Edited by Pavement

Ughh... 

You don't need anything. You are perfection, you just gotta realize that about yourself..

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

Have you had it your entire life the fat storage in your stomach, have you ever had a flat stomach?

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

@soos_mite_ah I also think you’re not exercising enough, should be totally possible to get rid of the stomach if you’re doing exercise consistently for a few weeks. You also need to switch things up. Have you ever tried fitness classes? What fitness classes are available next to you? 

Edited by no_name