Vision

Decent Life + Long Life VS Good Life + Short Life. Which is better?

13 posts in this topic

What’s better?

Living the best life possible, but having a shorter life?

Or

Living a decent life, but a longer life?

9 minutes ago, ZenAlex said:

How long we talking here brah?

Let’s say...

Good Life = 40 years

Decent Life = 80 years

80 years isn't long, it's average. If I'm gonna have to drink kale smoothies and exercise every day I'd be aiming for 100.

It's also pretty hard to die by 40 unless you eat fast food every single day and never visit a doctor. Even 400 lb people live to their 60s thanks to blood pressure meds, insulin, etc. Highest risk of dying at 40 is like suicides and car crashes.

If I was gonna die by 40 my life better be GREAT not just good. From 20 to 40 I wanna be cruising around the world with half a dozen different models every day (and night), eating in michelin star restaurants every night and doing cocaine and skydiving, rapelling, diving, and all kinds of high risk activities every day, or being a mob boss or dictator of a small island country or something.

Good / decent / great and long/short are way too subjective and too many variables. You almost need to flesh out a backstory for entire lives with the age, pros and cons, and then pretend to look back from your deathbed and think if it was worth it.

Edited by Yarco

Steve jobs had a great life. He lived till 56 years.

Kobe Bryant had an awesome life too. He lived till 41.

3 hours ago, Vision said:

Let’s say...

Good Life = 40 years

Decent Life = 80 years

Good life 40 years definitely.

2 hours ago, Yarco said:

It's also pretty hard to die by 40 unless you eat fast food every single day and never visit a doctor. Even 400 lb people live to their 60s thanks to blood pressure meds, insulin, etc.

Welcome to America. https://www.gainesville.com/story/special/2020/06/17/homicide-is-leading-cause-of-death-of-black-males-age-44-and-younger-in-us/112900786/

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

A short decent life is better.

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

7 hours ago, Vision said:

What’s better?

Or

This is kind of nonsensical. The best life possible is not bound by time.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

@Vision

12 hours ago, Vision said:

What’s better?

Or

Best life, and longer. Immortality sounds nice if attainable.