tyy

Pre-actualized.org Bad Habits & Mental Health

5 posts in this topic

Morning/Afternoon Everybody. Brief brief history.. Before I found out about actualized.org I had no experience with personal development. During that time I picked up a marijuana habit, out of boredom/self-medication I imagine. A few years ago I started watching Leo videos, went to therapy, got properly diagnosed ocd (not a major case) and started an SSRI. During this whole process, the marijuana habit has lingered (frequency varying from 1-4 sessions per week).

I have listened to Leo's video about overcoming addiction and up until the last few months I never thought much about quitting. Just wondering about anyone else's success stories regarding ditching this vice. I have reduced the amount smoked at times, stopped purchasing large quantities so it isn't readily available, and sat in my emotions during times when I had the opportunity to be smoking.

Would like to get an honest discussion going about the struggle of ditching it.

@tyy I quit cold turkey this year.  I was a hardcore pothead, like... 10-20 bowls a day, no joke.

Threw away my pipes, picks, grinders, ect and the first month was hard but now this returning clarity feels so so much better.  I'd suggest just biting the bullet and stopping today and don't look back.  It's been over a month now and the cravings are gone.

@Whywolf Thanks for the response man. I would say I am at like +/- 3 bowls a week nowadays. Not too much consumed, but still a habit though. Good job going the cold turkey route. 

I thought cutting back and replacing smoking times with positive habits could be good but maybe you are right with the cold turkey approach. My main two friends I smoke with & I recently went to a self-development work shop on a night we could typically be blazing. It's one of the first times in a while we have done something without weed involved. 

I have also told friends who don't drink/smoke that I plan to be cutting back and eventually quitting. 

28 minutes ago, tyy said:

@Whywolf Thanks for the response man. I would say I am at like +/- 3 bowls a week nowadays. Not too much consumed, but still a habit though. Good job going the cold turkey route. 

I thought cutting back and replacing smoking times with positive habits could be good but maybe you are right with the cold turkey approach. My main two friends I smoke with & I recently went to a self-development work shop on a night we could typically be blazing. It's one of the first times in a while we have done something without weed involved. 

I have also told friends who don't drink/smoke that I plan to be cutting back and eventually quitting. 

Sounds to me like you're on the path you want to be on. Good for you man. My tip - don't focus on quitting anything, focus on starting what you want.

It's like....don't think of a pink elephant. See, you're only thinking of that pink elephant right now.

Thinking about what you don't want brings more of it because you're thinking about it.

Think about what you want.

It also helps to take what you want out of the superposition that is your mind and making it real in the physical world but writing it down, drawing it, whatever. A vision board would serve you well, possibly.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm Thanks a lot, that's a great way of approaching it. Never thought of a vision board, I'll have to look into that!