Someone here

Death is akin to a DMT trip

80 posts in this topic

A very interesting article on NDEs and DMT trips.

https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fpsyg.2018.01424/full

DMT gets released naturally in the human brain while sleeping during REM sleep (the sleep phase when you have dreams). Those dreams are hallucinations induced by the release of DMT . And it also gets released during death .
This is just my own speculation and interpretation of the article above . When you die you will first see a replay of your entire life in quick flashes .then your brain will release insane amounts of DMT .and you will enter a DMT trip basically where consciousness will begin to get speed up and you will see some weird ass hallucinations. Then after your brain is completely out of function ..the hallucinations will stop and something from two possibilities will occur .because there isn't a third possibility:

1.  Either all of perceptions of any kind will completely disappear and you will enter a state of complete formlessness forever  .
Or..

2.another dream/life /experience  will magically appear out of nowhere just like how this life appeared. It doesn't matter what are the details of this new experience/lifetime.  The only thing that's sure is that there will be consciousness of some sort.
I can't think of a third possibility.

The religious belief regarding death doesn't make sense and lacks evidence

..You either go to hell or heaven based on how you did in this life. Everyone know that going to hell is going to be a hell of a ride, and going to heaven is leading to eternal happiness. But, if we go just to suffering and just to joying, are we still ourself? We live as a human beings, we sometimes suffer and be happy, and that what make us complete as a human being, because there is no happiness without suffering, and vice versa.

So in conclusion..there is only two possibilities :

1.You die, it's just pitch black, your life just ends there.

2.we die ,we live and born again, or reincarnated as a person in the past or maybe someone we know.. So if you believe this, the chances are I am you, and you must be kind to me and others because we are you.

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

7 minutes ago, Someone here said:

So in conclusion..there is only two possibilities :

1.You die, it's just pitch black, your life just ends there.

2.we die ,we live and born again, or reincarnated as a person in the past or maybe someone we know.. So if you believe this, the chances are I am you, and you must be kind to me and others because we are you.

Actually awakening is neither of those things.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura I really don't know .I'm just speculating here based on the information in the article linked above .

but it would be interesting if you explain what exactly happens after you physically die .

-Osho

5 minutes ago, Someone here said:

but it would be interesting if you explain what exactly happens after you physically die .

If you're conscious enough, physical death simply never happens.

10 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I once sat down and started questioning what happens after I die ? And I wanted to get a direct answer from within myself. Not go to YouTube or Google for the answer. And all the sudden I got this skeptical idea that "wait a minute, how do I even know that death is real ?". I mean I never experienced it before .

Then I thought about what happens when you die In a dream .you simply wake up . So is it that when you die in "real life " that you simply awaken to a higher level of reality beyond the "real life " level (just like how you awaken from nightly dreams to real life). Or is it that death literally doesn't happen at all . Like literally if I just jump off a cliff or shoot myself in the head ..still I won't die .but does that mean I'm stuck in this world forever .

I'm confused. 

-Osho

46 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I get it, because of time and space disappearing. But what about remaining quite unconscious and receiving a lethal damage to the body? What should happen?

I think the user was asking this.

Inquire in the now.

Feeling is the truest knowing ?️

I watch a lot of NDE reports and have had some personal experiences of semi crossing over.

From my understanding, your soul leaves the body through the top of your head and you go to a dark waiting room where you will either be greeted by someone or you will go alone through a tunnel to get back to the light.  You will then unify with it and have a life review, which is where you see all the events that lead up to where you are now playing out all at once.  This process isn't linear, you learn about your life in the blink of an eye.  From there you will meet other beings, aliens, angels, religious figures, family members, etc. and then the sky is the limit on the types of experiences you'll have.  Some people go back to earth and get to witness different places in time, some go to a school-like setting and get to see how souls progress on their journey, some go to really beautiful natural landscape type places and get to float around.  Some people become orbs of light and they get 360 degree vision, some take on the form of when they were younger.

From my experiences, it felt like I was just a bubble surrounded in a safe place with other bubbles that were my family, we were like a cluster floating within reality and I felt loved and accepted, and they were witnessing my life playing out as I was living it.

When I die, I imagine that I will go back to wherever this cluster of bubbles is, but I don't know how it's all going to play out or what it will look like or how I will experience it.

@Loba interested to know how exactly did you have a near death experience?  Cuz when I was younger I almost drowned in the middle of the sea and I didn't  have a near death experience..I was just thinking that I'm gonna simply disappear forever.and never ever again in the history of the cosmos will my life repeat again or any other kind of life for that matter . But after I was rescued ..I thought that death won't ever happen to me if I could survive this situation then I will definitely survive even harder situations in the future if they happen . And now I'm at a point in my life when I'm questioning whether death is even real.  I'm kinda losing my mind ngl?

-Osho

1 hour ago, billiesimon said:

I get it, because of time and space disappearing. But what about remaining quite unconscious and receiving a lethal damage to the body? What should happen?

I think the user was asking this.

Well, you have to realize that you're dreaming that.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Well, you have to realize that you're dreaming that.

That doesn't explain anything.  Either I'm dreaming everything or I'm dreaming nothing .

Are you saying I'm imagining in my human mind the notion of death and projecting it into the far future when I'm an old ass man ? Or are you saying that even the physical event of death is imagined by universal mind ? Because if its the first then that doesn't mean it can't happen in the future. We imagine the future all the time and it happens .and if its the latter ..Well.. that's something I have no experience of..so I will just have to take your words for. Which I won't do because I like to think independently ;)

-Osho

2 hours ago, Someone here said:

@Loba interested to know how exactly did you have a near death experience?  Cuz when I was younger I almost drowned in the middle of the sea and I didn't  have a near death experience..I was just thinking that I'm gonna simply disappear forever.and never ever again in the history of the cosmos will my life repeat again or any other kind of life for that matter . But after I was rescued ..I thought that death won't ever happen to me if I could survive this situation then I will definitely survive even harder situations in the future if they happen . And now I'm at a point in my life when I'm questioning whether death is even real.  I'm kinda losing my mind ngl?

Oh no, I am so sorry to hear that happened to you.  Maybe you didn't have one because you didn't die yet?  I've also fainted and fallen on my head and I just blacked out, there was no NDE.

My NDE was just a peak around the curtain it wasn't a full on NDE.  I have an autoimmune disease and when it first started that's when it hit the worst.  My hands, feet, lips and tongue would turn blue during flare ups and I think it probably affected my brain as well.  When it was hitting me the hardest, I went through the fear of death by just accepting it and allowing whatever emotions I had about the process to wash over me and that's when I was able to experience the other side.

It left a lot of questions though, and very few answers.  I think that physical death is real, but that the soul leaves the body and goes back to where it came from, where that is I don't know.  I feel as though we keep going on in our evolution, that we are here on earth just to become more aware of ourselves.  But it's hard to know, I won't hold anything as an absolute truth until I actually die.

I feel the same way, I'm kind of losing my mind wishing I had more answers than questions.

@Leo Gura based on your responses awakening= the concept of death. When someone quote on quote dies they are really just awakening.

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

43 minutes ago, Loba said:

Oh no, I am so sorry to hear that happened to you.  Maybe you didn't have one because you didn't die yet?  I've also fainted and fallen on my head and I just blacked out, there was no NDE.

My NDE was just a peak around the curtain it wasn't a full on NDE.  I have an autoimmune disease and when it first started that's when it hit the worst.  My hands, feet, lips and tongue would turn blue during flare ups and I think it probably affected my brain as well.  When it was hitting me the hardest, I went through the fear of death by just accepting it and allowing whatever emotions I had about the process to wash over me and that's when I was able to experience the other side.

It left a lot of questions though, and very few answers.  I think that physical death is real, but that the soul leaves the body and goes back to where it came from, where that is I don't know.  I feel as though we keep going on in our evolution, that we are here on earth just to become more aware of ourselves.  But it's hard to know, I won't hold anything as an absolute truth until I actually die.

I feel the same way, I'm kind of losing my mind wishing I had more answers than questions.

Yeah I think we will inevitably figure it out .if death is real and we are going go die ..then we will know sooner or later what's the deal . So why not just forget about it and focus on enjoying the moment?  I think we need a shift in perspective. If it's causing us suffering then that's a sign that something is out of sort. 
Personally, I never died. I sometimes thought I was dying... but in the end, I did not die. I deduce that death is only for others. Even if it may happen to me again, to think “I am dying”, I say : a thought noting my death is no more possible than a thought noting that I am falling asleep. From the inside, no one dies, no one falls asleep. From the outside, on the contrary, everyone dies. Materialist chose his side outside. Spiritualist chose his side inside. So, materialists die, and spiritualists don’t. Lucky bastards ! Finaly, only materialism makes death frightening. In fact, how could death, this absence of existence, exist ?

-Osho

32 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

@Leo Gura based on your responses awakening= the concept of death. When someone quote on quote dies they are really just awakening.

No .he clearly said that death doesn't even happen. Not sure myself how to interpret that or make sense of it .

-Osho

When I was younger and knew nothing about spirituality, I had a breakthrough experience with DMT where I basically experienced what you said, like I saw my life flash before my eyes, died and then was in the "afterlife" where I was greeted by other beings saying "We love you", "Welcome back", "Where have you been so long?", "We love you", "We love you". I have never felt so welcome anywhere, it was home to me and the moment I started wondering how to get back to earth it faded.

But if you wake up at the moment when "death" is supposed to happen, you will realize the Miracle that is happening right now. Back when I had the NDE experience with DMT, it was the best experience of my life at the time, but it completely pales in comparison to an actual awakening.

@acidgoofy I believe consciousness is like a bottle of water in the ocean. When I die, the bottle breaks, and the water in it is mixed with the rest of the ocean. Without the container, there can be no “I”, and you cannot fill a container with the same water twice, so “I” won’t be back. But I won’t disappear, I’ll just go back to the same state as before I was born.  

-Osho

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

No .he clearly said that death doesn't even happen. Not sure myself how to interpret that or make sense of it .

In your rush to correct you didn't even read what I said. I called it a concept. A concept is not real. So when did I say it actually happens?

If you paid attention when you talked about death Leo responded to you that is not how awakening works. Based on that you can interpret that as when people think they die, Leo is saying that is God awakening. He has also called Death Absolute Love which is what he also calls Awakening.

Don't be so quick to correct unless you first understand. 

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

12 minutes ago, acidgoofy said:

@Someone here Yeah I see it similarly when you wake up in the morning you can't go back to your last nights dream it's gone. You are still in the dream even when you wake up (or die), but you can stay awake in the dream with enough consciousness.

So do you agree with the option that this life is the only life you ever gonna live and after you die you will just turn back into what you were before you were born (which is pure formlessness )? So basically no afterlife? 

I feel its more useful to think that there isn’t. Like if you assume that you only have one shot at life, then you will do things and have experiences you wouldn’t if you assumed you have another go at it. But so far I would say its a fundamentally unanswerable question given the limited portion  of information we have about this subject. 

-Osho

3 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

In your rush to correct you didn't even read what I said. I called it a concept. A concept is not real. So when did I say it actually happens?

If you paid attention when you talked about death Leo responded to you that is not how awakening works. Based on that you can interpret that as when people think they die, Leo is saying that is God awakening. He has also called Death Absolute Love which is what he also calls Awakening.

Don't be so quick to correct unless you first understand. 

Maybe! Who knows? The only thing you can say for sure is that if there is even one world where it's physically possible for you to exist, that's where you will find yourself. And that only applies to you and your subjective experience. nobody else. Subjectivity is qualitatively special and for that reason, speculating about anyone who is not you is kind of meaningless.

So I'm not concerned about what Leo said because that's his own direct experience. It contradicts mine . Death of the body is a biological fact .I don't understand how "its never going to happen ". 

-Osho