Mesopotamian

Iraq Is Messed Up Country And Western Nations Are Slaying Its People

6 posts in this topic

Did the colonial era ended? not really...

I live in Iraq, and it is a made up country, a British lady known as Gertrude Bell helped tribes in Iraq to form the first ruling council, and it didn't work, as after that there were many bloody revolutions and regime change,  and the last one when the United States came to Iraq and installed a pseudo-democratic regime.

What are Iraq's foundations?

-Oil industry invented by the west.

-Oil exported to the rest of the world in exchange for dollars

-The dollars are distributed to people from top to bottom, and poverty is very high due to corruption.

-The western countries invite the children of wealthy top people to their universities and taking their money, giving them worthless certificates.

-Everybody is selling Iraqis something and no one wants to purchase anything from them except  the oil

-Corruption is very common

-Iraqi passport isn't really a passport, it is a document that deny its holders from entering most countries of the world, having the second from the end of the list position and only beaten by Afghanistan.

The west insist that this is a developing country, assuming that it can develop in the future, but in reality they are sponsoring all kind of corruption that's happening in Iraq, and stealing Iraqi people's money through their educational institutions.

Like seriously, the only people who can afford to send their sons and daughters to study abroad in western universities are corrupt upper class ruling people in Iraq, and westren enducational institutions welcoming them with open arms. Are they choosing to teach the most brilliant people of Iraq? of course not! 

Are you thinking that sons of wealthy and corrupt are going to want to build this country when they have higher degrees?

But even though nobody seems to care, Iraq is going to be as it has always been for the past 20 years or so a source of trouble for the whole world, until somebody think to pay attention and come and try to sort this mess up and make things work.

That is the problem with corruption and probably half the countries in the world are stuck because of it. It's very hard to fix corruption. Even if the US didn't exploit Iraq the corruption would still stifle the development of everything there.

Russia has the same problem.

Hell, even cleaning up the legalized corruption in Washington is extremely challenging.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

That is the problem with corruption and probably half the countries in the world are stuck because of it. It's very hard to fix corruption. Even if the US didn't exploit Iraq the corruption would still stifle the development of everything there.

Russia has the same problem.

Hell, even cleaning up the legalized corruption in Washington is extremely challenging.

Hey Leo, I am afraid I can't agree, from where I am, I see the notion of a country is very fragile one and needs not to be taken seriously. It is not like countries can work unless there's corruption, but it is that the notion itself is corrupt. 

I hope you can one day start to teach about how the country notion is supposed to be about management purposes, and not something to be taken for granted. If any set of countries don't work, simply they need to cease to exist.

I kind of noticed that if we have Islam, Christianity, then the modern religion is probably is the international laws and conventions that hold these imaginary borders and makes them sacred, causing the suffering of millions of unlucky people who are stuck in misery and wars. Thank you

@Leo Gura I mean you've said it before that government is the most complex thing that humans have ever invented, what makes you have hopes that they might work when imposed on nations?

This is indeed the new colonialism. when you are the greatest country in the world, and you expect all the nation of the world to copy you, and have similar governance systems, and to stay afloat, even though their respective nations are way less developed.

In Iraq, the US came and deliberately installed a regime, but with other dozens of countries, the US's work is more subtle than that, but it is kind of the same, it is to maintain the world order and current "countries doctrine" 

33 minutes ago, Mesopotamian said:

If any set of countries don't work, simply they need to cease to exist.

how? 

you can't just make a mass of land disappear out of the face of the earth. 

Edited by Happy Lizard

On 7/19/2022 at 3:21 PM, Mesopotamian said:

@Leo Gura 

This is indeed the new colonialism. when you are the greatest country in the world, and you expect all the nation of the world to copy you, and have similar governance systems, and to stay afloat, even though their respective nations are way less developed.

Very much so. That was the flaw of the 2000 era thinking. People don't believe that as a majority in the west anymore, despite what certain groups still think. It also means:

On 7/19/2022 at 1:26 PM, Mesopotamian said:

But even though nobody seems to care, Iraq is going to be as it has always been for the past 20 years or so a source of trouble for the whole world, until somebody think to pay attention and come and try to sort this mess up and make things work.

As you conclude, the only way to reform Iraq is by its local populations and their immediate neighbors doing so in a way that works for them. The reaction to western interference in Iraq is incredibly hostile, and with good reason, so I wouldn't expect (want or hope) for any foreign savior. China might, but then you'd have an entirely different set of problems, because you are Iraq, not China or the US.

That doesn't cut off foreign aid, investment etc, once you define what type you are looking for, and if it exists. As you say countries only tend to assist others that share common values with them, or at the very least are unfriendly to their rivals.