Something Funny

Which Psilocybe Cubensis Should I Grow?

12 posts in this topic

I've decided to start growing my own mushrooms but can't decide which strain to pick. Most of the websites have ambiguous 1 paragraph descriptions instead  of detailed comparisons.

I want to use mushrooms for personal development (working on limiting beliefs, healing traumas, life purpose, vision, creativity,  etc.) rather than for enlightenment and hard-core spiritual work.So I guess this is something to be taken into account.

Also I want them to not be super hard to grow as this will be my first time.

Does anyone have some advice for me?

2 hours ago, Something Funny said:

I want to use mushrooms for personal development (working on limiting beliefs, healing traumas, life purpose, vision, creativity,  etc.) rather than for enlightenment and hard-core spiritual work.

That's mostly just gonna be a function of dose.

Even if you got extra-potent ones, just eat less of them.

Potency is always a good thing, just consume less.

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

6 hours ago, Something Funny said:

I've decided to start growing my own mushrooms but can't decide which strain to pick. Most of the websites have ambiguous 1 paragraph descriptions instead  of detailed comparisons.

I want to use mushrooms for personal development (working on limiting beliefs, healing traumas, life purpose, vision, creativity,  etc.) rather than for enlightenment and hard-core spiritual work.So I guess this is something to be taken into account.

Also I want them to not be super hard to grow as this will be my first time.

Does anyone have some advice for me?

Some believe different strains take you to subtly different realms. Personally I would recommend Golden Teachers. To me these seem to be the most entheonic, comparable with DMT at high doses.

All paths lead to a deeper unreality.

@Something Funny If you want to grow them from spores, you need trail and error. Lots of ways Trichoderma or bacteria can find their way into your jar.

Yes, dosage is always given in dry weight. And I'd say that 5g is not only high, but insane. For personal development I suggest that you stay in the 1-2g range if you have normal tolerance.

Presence. Goodness. Feeling.

I tried growing golden teachers once.  They are suppose to be the easiest to grow.  But the contamination destroyed most of them.  You have to have a separate room and keep everything hygienically clean.  It's not easy.  

Vincit omnia Veritas.

12 hours ago, Loving Radiance said:

@Something Funny If you want to grow them from spores, you need trail and error. Lots of ways Trichoderma or bacteria can find their way into your jar.

Yeah, I planned to grow them from soores initially,  but recently I've learned that there are growkits available in my country with 2 day delivery time and decided that I will use them instead. Since I have a lot on plate already and don't  want to invest too much time and energy on growing process.

12 hours ago, Loving Radiance said:

Yes, dosage is always given in dry weight. And I'd say that 5g is not only high, but insane. For personal development I suggest that you stay in the 1-2g range if you have normal tolerance.

Ok, I will keep that in mind, thank you.

9 hours ago, Jodistrict said:

I tried growing golden teachers once.  They are suppose to be the easiest to grow.  But the contamination destroyed most of them.  You have to have a separate room and keep everything hygienically clean.  It's not easy.  

To be jonest, I think that using a growkit makes the process much easier and straightforward. I manage to successfully grow mushrooms this way in my dorm room when I was living in the Netherlands. Although I haven't gotten a chance to try them because I brought them home with me and my stepmom flushed them down the toilet lmao...

Posted (edited)

On 20/07/2022 at 7:57 AM, Something Funny said:

@axiom oh, great. I've actually ordered those yesterday :D (although I've decided to get a growkit instead of growing them completely on my own after all).

What do you mean by entheonic? 

Also, high doses is 5+ grams of dry weight, right?

Sorry, typo - I meant entheogenic.

Yes. 5g to 6g blindfolded. The blindfold is important. Also try the ICL psilocybin playlist. Can often be helpful to have these little memory anchors that music provides. 

And yes, it’s “insane”. At your own risk. Here’s my account of a heroic dose:

Edited by axiom

On 7/20/2022 at 2:57 AM, Something Funny said:

@axiom oh, great. I've actually ordered those yesterday :D (although I've decided to get a growkit instead of growing them completely on my own after all).

What do you mean by entheonic? 

Also, high doses is 5+ grams of dry weight, right?

Jedi Mind Fuck. I'm biased though because that was my first psychedelic. You literally get fucked in the mind, it is basically mental sex. Really gets you to decontextualize EVERYTHING. I'll say this, you take that mushroom you can become better able to understand the feminine perspective sexually.

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

2 hours ago, Something Funny said:

@axiom I actually never thought about trying to trip blindfolded. Thanks for the tip.

Will I be able to keep more of a clear mind with my eyes open?

The goal isn’t keeping a clear mind necessarily.

Keeping your eyes open on that dose is probably going to feel like you are trapped between two equally real worlds. I wouldn’t recommend it.