Thought Art

What Now if I've screwed away my chance at being successful?

34 posts in this topic

I'm just curious, what is the product/service you offer to the world at the moment? What do you ship out there? And how much time do you spend marketing it? 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

On 7/23/2022 at 4:05 PM, Rob06 said:

@Thought Art When I was injured at age 25 and couldn't make music any more, I pretty much thought my musical life was over. I was dramatizing that shit way too much :D . When I started again at age 27 I had the feeling I was to old to make it, but that was not the case. 

Sort out your finances, find a job that pais the bills, and chip away at your art. Great things can happen!

Thanks. I just got a new job and start in a little over a week. I plan on getting a second job to pay off debt and save 6 months worth of expenses.

My free time will go into eating well, studying finance/ wealth building/ accounting and Qigong. I may dabble in some relationships once the debt and loan are paid off. My main goal right now is simply to save up a lot of money. I am only 26. I think I will become a world class Qigong teacher and stress coach. I will continue to release music on Tiktok on a casualy basis and try to practice at least 20 minutes a day. But, really. I wanted to be a real artist and when I see it just being a hobby I would rather study wealth building and deep relaxation. 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Michael569 I teach Qigong online and at wellness centres. But, I am really new to it. I've made like 800 dollars over the past 6 months. It's something, but not enough to live on. 

So, I am focusing on Qigong, studying stress and studying finance. 

Music will be there when I am 30 and have 30 grand saved and a higher paying job than I have right now. 

I can't force reality. All I can do right now is develop the best possible habits and vision for myself that is realistic and pragmatic and learn to enjoy being a nobody. Just, do my thing.

◭"89"

Sounds like you've already made a lot of headway on your passion, so congrats!  

This vid from Dr.K at Healthy Gamer perfectly suits your situation.  Dr.K talks about this problem from a lot of different angles.

Feeling resigned or doomed is actually a way to numb the fear of pursuing your passion super hard and failing anyway.  You need to deal with the fear directly to make the best choice in your situation.

Finances are a bitch aren't they?

Maybe stop jerking off and wasting your time and work on developing a life sustaining career?

That, or be ok living off of poverty wages and the welfare of others.

Life is not about immediately and always doing what you're passionate about.  Be smart, do something practical that your parents would approve of like perhaps become a CPA?  Because to me it just looks like you just want to perpetually play with your crystals, and do yoga and never actually take responsibility.

On 19-7-2022 at 1:47 AM, Thought Art said:

@Ulax No, lately I've been pretty fine. I haven't felt depressed, or really that stressed at all that past month and a half. But, now that I am looking at my life and it's really dawning on me that... God has nothing planned for me. It doesn't care if I live or die, if I succeed for fail. It gave me freedom and a short life span and an aging process. You can't go back. This is it. You didn't invest well in your youth? Too bad.

I just, existentially wanted to be an artist. Thats what I like most about reality. So, the thing I find most fascinating feels like it's been ripped from my hands.

You perceive god as you are yourself as prof David Hawkins says.  But why can’t you continue your passion for music? You don’t have time? 27 is still young. If your passion is really you can do a lot in 5 years and be a banger at age 32. I mean if you expect to live until 80 you will still have 50 +\- years to go

In Tate we trust

I used to think I squandered my potential as a professional musician, and that I really wanted all the fame and fortune that comes with that. I felt a lot of shame around it, and I've thought about how weird that was, because I've always thought that becoming a professional musician is not really something you aim for, so from a rational perspective, it shouldn't have bothered me this much. Then I really thought about it, and I concluded that it was not really about squandering my professional success, but rather my own spiritual success of mastering the instrument, which in a sense is even more heart-wrenching. It all boils down the day I made the stupid decision that "practice is ego" (which in fact was an egoic defense mechanism), and I consciously made myself believe that I shouldn't care about becoming a better player. I didn't realize that mastery is fundamentally what spirituality is about, and that consciously denying it was just a really crude form of spiritual bypassing. Oh well, we all have to learn these things in some way or another :D 

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

On 8/1/2022 at 2:59 AM, Heart of Space said:

Finances are a bitch aren't they?

Maybe stop jerking off and wasting your time and work on developing a life sustaining career?

That, or be ok living off of poverty wages and the welfare of others.

Life is not about immediately and always doing what you're passionate about.  Be smart, do something practical that your parents would approve of like perhaps become a CPA?  Because to me it just looks like you just want to perpetually play with your crystals, and do yoga and never actually take responsibility.

Actually, just graduated as an accountant and pursuing this career already. I spend most of my time studying this year studying personal finance, accounting and practical psychology. Qigong is an actual non-spiritual health practice with scientifically proven benefits as well.

However, This recent interest in accounting and Qigong (which both started at the same time) will take time for me to reap it's benefits. 

I am not really into cyrstals etc. I practice Qigong and teach it on the side. So, I actually am taking responsibility Mom. The thing is, taking responsibility sure. But, existentially is that an existence worth doing?  Also, your comment was sort of condescending. You must not have read my post about how number #1 thing was taking these basic responsibilities.  @Heart of Space

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

On 7/30/2022 at 8:43 PM, FlyingLotus said:

Sounds like you've already made a lot of headway on your passion, so congrats!  

This vid from Dr.K at Healthy Gamer perfectly suits your situation.  Dr.K talks about this problem from a lot of different angles.

Feeling resigned or doomed is actually a way to numb the fear of pursuing your passion super hard and failing anyway.  You need to deal with the fear directly to make the best choice in your situation.

Perhaps that is true. However,I really don't know right now. I am simply focusing on my health, my accounting career, Qigong and my music.... 

Foundation is key, and just allowing and accepting reality as it is. 

◭"89"

@StarStruck No one needs to be nice, I really don't care. What they say is not worse than what reality is actually like.

◭"89"

On 8/3/2022 at 1:27 AM, Carl-Richard said:

I used to think I squandered my potential as a professional musician, and that I really wanted all the fame and fortune that comes with that. I felt a lot of shame around it, and I've thought about how weird that was, because I've always thought that becoming a professional musician is not really something you aim for, so from a rational perspective, it shouldn't have bothered me this much. Then I really thought about it, and I concluded that it was not really about squandering my professional success, but rather my own spiritual success of mastering the instrument, which in a sense is even more heart-wrenching. It all boils down the day I made the stupid decision that "practice is ego" (which in fact was an egoic defense mechanism), and I consciously made myself believe that I shouldn't care about becoming a better player. I didn't realize that mastery is fundamentally what spirituality is about, and that consciously denying it was just a really crude form of spiritual bypassing. Oh well, we all have to learn these things in some way or another :D 

I think what you are saying is true. My problem was that I put my practicing and performing ABOVE EVERYTHING ELSE for like 3 years. Which is why I am really quite good. Just broke. So, now I am pursuing accounting and Qigong and health and building my foundation, fixing my finances etc.

I am taking responsibility, unlike what Heart of Space said. However, I am realizing how the fuck am I gonna be rich? How am I gonna be successful? Is life worth living if I can't do those things? What steps do I need to take? What is enjoying reality for it's own sake?

◭"89"

On 7/19/2022 at 1:30 AM, Thought Art said:

Focus on my financial health by studying books

From my experience, books are extremely overrated although insightful sometimes and definitely not useless... still massively overrated because at the end of the day you're still sitting on your ass reading words on paper. all the rich dad poor dad shit I've read, Robert (the author) is successful because he learned it first hand In the real world. And even he claims that we don't retain much information from books anyways (there's a graph in his rich dad poor dad example)

And if you want to learn money, start with marketing first. Unfortunately money is a really tangible thing, you won't get it through fantasizing and theorizing, I'm extremely company driven and l've always loved money because it allows you to make better products, but from a personal standpoint... I don't need it at all... if I can't use it to innovate or pay my employees I'd probably debate throwing it away

@MarkKol interesting perspective. 

I think I’m going to continue to study the books on finance, wealth building and accounting. There’s way more out there on personal finance than just rich dad poor dad/ wealthy barber etc… there’s books I’m reading that help you build systems, spreadsheets, debt to income ratios etc… A lot of them have exercises and stuff I never would have done on my own. 

Also, I fundamentally havent given money the thought and respect I deserve. My financial archetypes were designed through my neurotic, needy, self defeating old operating system I’m working daily to reprogram into an integral and wise mind. I have nothing else to do after work except study finance for this year pretty much. I will also play music and do Qigong, read other materials and contemplate etc

But, I’m going to study money more and more deeply. 

◭"89"